Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

Pillars of eternity 2: deadfire

http://www.obsidian.net/la/

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

http://forums.obsidian.net/forum/122-project-louisiana/

I'm thinking Pillars of Eternity 2 as I received an email from them about interest in Collectors Editions for a future Kickstarter project.

2. Post
    It looks like everyone's fairly certain it's PoE2 but would they be all mysterious about it if that were the case? Seems a bit odd, but that's probably just some extreme wishful thinking that it's another Fallout from them...

3. Post
    Kotor 3 pls. One can dream right? Probably PoE2.

4. Post
    100% Pillars 2

The image below is in reference to Eothas, the farmer god? The one that Eder worships.

"I used to dream that when my god came back, he would forgive us. That's the trouble with dreams. Sooner or later, we all have to wake up."

5. Post
    Really? I dont remember that symbol at all, but I have no reason to doubt you.

6. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Really? I dont remember that symbol at all, but I have no reason to doubt you.
    To be honest. I've never seen that particular symbol

But having just replayed Act 1 like last night, can confirm that farming (the grain), smoking a pipe, and the god coming back are all references to Eder.

7. Post
    Yeah, the whole idea of gods 'coming back' seems very Pillars of Eternity.

8. Post
    Yeah PoE2 seems like a no brainer, and as I said I have already been contacted by them regarding Collectors level backer tiers (from my PoE Kickstarter profile).

So if its anything else I would be shocked, but I am prepared to be in case they are being shifty.

9. Post
    99% of my money is on Pillars of Eternity 2 (which will be awesome as shit), I think Haisley is right re: Eder's god too (sounds right re: Act 1).

1% of my money (this is a golden coin too) is on Fallout: The Louisiana Post-Nuclear Adventure by Obsidian (please be this one actually, pls) lol

Either way, ****ing yes.....****ing yes.

10. Post
    Yep, its PoE2.

Those wonderful nerds broke it down. Apparently the teaser images reveal Deadfire as in the Deadfire Archipelago
    http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.c...re_Archipelago
    http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/910...b-shenanigans/

11. Post
    I hope that they don't crowd-fund again but they probably will.
    And as mentioned earlier, you can expect to see more games from both indies and the likes of Obsidian, InXile and Double Fine in future, whom Bailey says are committed to Fig going forward.

“As far as the big games go, those studios are committed to using our platforms going forward," says Bailey.
    http://www.develop-online.net/interv...te-fig/0210189
    Surely with two successful CRPGs under their belt since 2015 they'd be able to fund a game without having to panhandle gamers? Obsidian are still a large studio at the end of the day, not a small outfit with a number of employees in only the double digits or less.

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I hope that they don't crowd-fund again but they probably will.

Surely with two successful CRPGs under their belt since 2015 they'd be able to fund a game without having to panhandle gamers? Obsidian are still a large studio at the end of the day, not a small outfit with a number of employees in only the double digits or less.
    Huh? Tyranny was self-funded and came off the back of PoE. Paradox are not funding Obsidian, and while they were successes PoE and Tyranny would alone not be enough to fund the development of a full game.

Larger the studio higher the cost. Until they have a game that sells hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of units at least they'll not be able to self-fund a full sized PC RPG of PoE's scope without help.
    If its keeps them independent, then crowd funding is the way to go. At least until they can build the capital to be completely self-funded. I expect they will be putting in more of their own money this time and using backers to expand on that. Which will likely result in an even bigger, deeper, and richer game.

Out of curiosity how much do you think it would cost to make a game of PoE's scope? I am genuinely interested.

13. Post
    Well that's certainly put an end to any doubt.

Name:  LA.png
Views: 427
Size:  742.0 KB

Now just waiting on the Crowdfunding announcement! Woo. Super keen. PoE was superb

14. Post
    I'll wait to see more, and who are the development leads before getting excited.

15. Post
    Keen as hell for PoE 2. Obsidian are my favourite developer along with CD Projekt so quite happy to help crowdfund if they want. I trust them.

16. Post
    I would like to see more improvements on the party AI customisation. Similar to how you could tweak down to the nth degree AI commands in Dragon Age Origin. That is sorely missing from Pillars, mainly for spell casters.

17. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I would like to see more improvements on the party AI customisation. Similar to how you could tweak down to the nth degree AI commands in Dragon Age Origin. That is sorely missing from Pillars, mainly for spell casters.
    That I can agree on. However it didn't worry me so much as I prefer to micro anyway, but my gf did struggle a bit with the constant need to manage the whole party in combat.

18. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    That I can agree on. However it didn't worry me so much as I prefer to micro anyway, but my gf did struggle a bit with the constant need to manage the whole party in combat.
    I like to plan it out, hit play, then watch the battle, and tweak/re position as required. But yeah, the option to both micro and plan would be better.

19. Post
    I don't mind micro, in fact prefer it.
    Just hoping they'll dedicate more time to refine combat, and avoid cheap thrills like an army of ghosts constantly teleporting to entire party, thus eliminating the need for tactical positioning.

20. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    I don't mind micro, in fact prefer it.
    Just hoping they'll dedicate more time to refine combat, and avoid cheap thrills like an army of ghosts constantly teleporting to entire party, thus eliminating the need for tactical positioning.
    Normally, a dude will run up and get stuck to the first character they come across. But ghosts usually just teleport to your weakest guy.

21. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Huh? Tyranny was self-funded and came off the back of PoE. Paradox are not funding Obsidian
    You sure about that? Paradox OWN the Tyranny IP. "Tyranny copyright Paradox Interactive AB. All Rights Reserved".

Out of curiosity how much do you think it would cost to make a game of PoE's scope? I am genuinely interested.
    Factoring in that the engine and toolset already exists, maybe a cool $5-7 million.

I suppose I should be fair, Fig isn't just a crowd-funding platform but an equity investment one too. It's more or less salesman pitching to investors in front of the media with additional public transparency.

22. Post
    ****! all i wanted was another fallout by obsidian.

welp let's hope it's their next project

23. Post
    Fallout 4 was only just released. They will wait a few years before doing another Fallout, and I'm not sure Bethesda will get Obsidian to make another one anyway. Mostly because it will show them up for the shithouse writers they are.

24. Post
    Fallout is gone, just let it go.

They could buy the license for Troika's unfinished Fallout inspired fetus, can't remember the name...

25. Post
    bionic.man wrote:
    Fallout is gone, just let it go.

They could buy the license for Troika's unfinished Fallout inspired fetus, can't remember the name...
    don't say that