Page 4 of 4 First 1234

1. Post
    brand wrote:
    Cameron at least had a hand in writing the story so there is a chance it may not suck...

Regardless it has a pretty low bar to clear.

Salvation was meh and Genisys was a hot mess.

I still have not seen T3 apart from the one outtake:
    That should have stayed in the final cut.

I kind of half watched the trailer and it really just doesn't look that interesting. The plane shit looked way too over the top. It just makes me wish they hadn't cancelled the tv show, that was way better than any movie after 2.

2. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    It's a shame that they insist on the definitive Terminator needing to be a musclehead.

I would watch the shit out of an emotionless Steve Buscemi skin wrapped around a metal skeleton. Slightly shorter than the humans, but capable of throwing someone across the room effortlessly.

Reminds me of Attack on Titan, menacing comes in all shapes and body types, and machines don't necessarily need bulk.
    That's how it was originally envisaged. The first film was supposed to star Arnie as Kyle Reece, and Lance Hendrikson as the Terminator.

3. Post
    Lance would've played a good terminator, he lacked the size and muscle, but had the bad guy persona down.

4. Post
    OJ Simpson's name was thrown around to be the Terminator.

5. Post
    arr wrote:
    OJ Simpson's name was thrown around to be the Terminator.
    He supposedly succeeded with that irl.

6. Post
    GaR wrote:
    That's how it was originally envisaged. The first film was supposed to star Arnie as Kyle Reece, and Lance Hendrikson as the Terminator.
    Yeah, Cameron's original idea was having someone who could blend in - like Hendrikson. Once he met Arnie for Reece, even though he knew he was going to say no, because I think someone at Orion told him he had to meet Arnold, he was won over by him and changed him to the Terminator.

Cameron did pre-production art of how Hendrikson would look like:

Name:  DXUaZqVU0AADBLd.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  56.9 KB

There is a couple of really good books out on the production, but one of them has a copy of the casting sheet for the first movie. Some of the names listed for Reece and Sarah are crazy!