Terminator reboot announced

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Terminator reboot announced

EXCLUSIVE: He’ll be back! James Cameron, who regains certain rights to his prized creation The Terminator in 2019, is godfathering a new iteration of the film that might finally get it right in drawing a close in the battle between humans and Skynet. Sources said that Cameron, whose copyright reversion happens 35 years after the release of the 1984 classic, is in early talks with Deadpool director and VFX wiz Tim Miller to direct a reboot and conclusion of one of cinema’s great science fiction tales.
    https://deadline.com/2017/01/termina...ce-1201890848/

Would be great if they just scrapped everything after T2 and pick up from there? Also I guess now we know why Tim Miller dropped out of Deadpool 2. That's a pretty good deal.

2. Post
    Can't wait, sounds good

3. Post
    but why?

4. Post
    Probably right after Avatar 10.

5. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    Probably right after Avatar 10.
    Hes not directing it Tim Miller is.

6. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Hes not directing it Tim Miller is.
    No shit, I can read..

7. Post
    Terrible idea.

8. Post
    Terminator 3 again?

9. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    No shit, I can read..
    Then why make that stupid joke about it not being made after avatar 10? That doesn't apply here.

10. Post
    Lol he is still going to be part of making the film, if it happens. Such a horrible idea. Let it die. They have kicked the dead horse enough.

11. Post
    Cameron once swore T2 was the last film because Judgment Day was avoided and the humans won.

I guess that was the artist in him speaking and not the accountant

12. Post
    Terminator 2 was the last terminator movie. Why would you bother if you can't have Arnie (in his prime).

13. Post
    "reboot and conclusion"? sounds like a contradiction in terms to me.

14. Post
    I think what's being rebooted is parts 3 on, the war against the machines and stuff. T1 and 2 remain intact.

15. Post
    Rogue One style 'in universe' movies would be fine with me, a hard reboot will be judged harshly.

16. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Cameron once swore T2 was the last film because Judgment Day was avoided and the humans won.

I guess that was the artist in him speaking and not the accountant
    didn't he admit that terminator time travel is a mess and it really falls apart if you try to make sense of it?

the sequels made that even more clear. it's just that those are such shit tier movies that no one even gives a shit anymore
    Last edited by Groowee; 22nd January 2017 at 11:39 pm.

17. Post
    Sigh why the fudge are they trying to make more Terminator movies leave Skynet alone! lol

18. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Sigh why the fudge are they trying to make more Terminator movies leave Skynet alone! lol

19. Post
    Name:  Terminator-6-stars-Natalia-Reyes-Mackenzie-Davis-and-Linda-Hamilton.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  214.4 KB

20. Post
    that looks...gay

21. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    that looks...gay
    Nah they don't look very light-hearted and carefree

22. Post
    Looks like a Calvin Klein ad except with an old woman and guns

23. Post
    At least it's gonna be a direct sequel to T2.

24. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    that looks...gay
    That counts Ins0mn1ac out.

25. Post
    It's just a bad photoshop job. To early to judge yet.