1. Post

Square Enix teasing an announcement tomorrow

Interestingly marvel entertainment also put out a tweet teasing something. Both twitter accounts posted an announcement teasing something big for tomorrow.

Square and Marvel put out their tweets at the same time. .
    https://twitter.com/SquareEnix/statu...70616370909186

Marvel. https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/824270614668210177

its still possible the two announcements could be unrelated. But the fact the tweets went out at the same time is pretty damning. My guess is a Marvel world and avengers characters confirmed in Kingdom Hearts 3 maybe finally a release date for Kingdom Hearts 3 to.
    Last edited by Valeyard; 26th January 2017 at 8:27 am.

2. Post
    2020 KH3 release

3. Post
    Wouldn't be anything to do with publishing Marvel Heroes on Console would it? The game just got a huge revamp which pissed a lot of players off as they 'simplified' it.

4. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Wouldn't be anything to do with publishing Marvel Heroes on Console would it? The game just got a huge revamp which pissed a lot of players off as they 'simplified' it.
    I don't think Square is involved with Marvel Heroes though are they?

5. Post
    I don't think so, just a guess :P

6. Post
    I hate how everyone announces announcements these days... its like having teaser trailers of teaser trailers -just stop already...

7. Post
    brand wrote:
    I hate how everyone announces announcements these days... its like having teaser trailers of teaser trailers -just stop already...
    I was coming into this thread to post exactly this, LOL.

I remember Gabe Newell's supposed "megaton announcement" for E3 2010 or 2011... and it turned out that Portal 2 was coming to PS3 with cross-platform play with PC. Reggie's big Nintendo announcement for VGX 2013? People were expecting a new Metroid. What we got? Cranky Kong is in Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze!!!!111

8. Post
    It's not a real announcement without a
    Spoiler:

9. Post
    Wow not what I expected at all.

Big News: @SquareEnix and @Marvel announce a multi-game partnership leading with The Avengers project. #Reassemble
    "The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise," Marvel's press release states. "Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018."

10. Post
    would have never picked sqaure to be working on super hero action games

11. Post
    This could be good!

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    would have never picked sqaure to be working on super hero action games
    At least we can say that Disney wouldn't be making any games in-house. They closed all of their studios over the last couple years.

13. Post
    Exciting could be really good

14. Post
    so no details on the type of games these could be?

15. Post
    zippy wrote:
    so no details on the type of games these could be?
    Story driven, open world, third person with checklists and RPG light stats & side quests.

16. Post
    My interest is officially piqued

17. Post
    jords wrote:
    Story driven, open world, third person with checklists and RPG light stats & side quests.
    Source please.

18. Post
    these will be square games in the sense that tomb raider or hitman games are square games. i.e. not really.

19. Post
    Not sure what you mean there - those are all Square titles so...??

20. Post
    iRoN wrote:
    Not sure what you mean there - those are all Square titles so...??
    Eidos and Crystal Dynamics will be the studios making the games and SE just publishes them like Deus Ex is what I believe he means.

Tapatapatapatapa-tap

21. Post
    So we're drawing a line between their European/American and Asian studios?

The fact that they're effectively made by Square "West" rather than Square "East" doesn't make them any less Square titles tbh, that notion seems somewhere between demeaning and racist to both the Western and Eastern studios.

22. Post
    iRoN wrote:

The fact that they're effectively made by Square "West" rather than Square "East" doesn't make them any less Square titles tbh, that notion seems somewhere between demeaning and racist to both the Western and Eastern studios.
    I'd say there's a clear difference between the titles that the east and west studios produce but I agree that it doesn't make it any less SE.

23. Post
    Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary news thing tonight, 9pm NZT i think. No stream as of this moment.

24. Post
    iRoN wrote:

Do you realise how ridiculous you sound right now? "Racist and demeaning" towards corporations, Christ.

Factual evidence supports the notion that SqEx Western studios are run by a management body that's fairly autonomous from their the Japanese arms.
    Eg Jim Sterling has been semi-blacklisted by SqEx Japan but he still gets review copies for Western developed games. Final Fantasy games virtually never get deeper discounts on Steam than 50%, most of the Western-developed regularly got for 75% off or more.

25. Post
    Crystal Dynamics' Avengers game might be a MMO-lite like a Destiny or a Division? As long as there's a story-driven campaign of some kind I'm fine with this.