Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands.

No thread started on this, so thought I'lll start one.

Closed Beta went live 12am today. 22 GB for the beta. Still bugs here and there, but stable and no crashes on my rig. Closed beta will go on for 3 days and guys already in the closed beta can send invites.

Definitely a game that must be played with guys on mic (Discord etc.) for it to be fun. The experience between solo, public and friends is night and day. I suspect the game will effectively kill The Division for good.
    Drives like an Asian till he gets behind the wheel of a holden

2. Post
    I understand it's a Beta, but from the streams I've been watching it looks like absolute garbage. Controls look clunky and nothing like what I remember as a Ghost Recon game.

3. Post
    DarkCypher wrote:
    I understand it's a Beta, but from the streams I've been watching it looks like absolute garbage. Controls look clunky and nothing like what I remember as a Ghost Recon game.
    Ghost Recon hasn't been like Ghost Recon since advanced warfighter.

4. Post
    Played the shit out of online GR + Desert Siege + Island Thunder for a game that was made in 2001 there was still a pretty big online community when I started playing in 2007/8. Haven't played any other since but Wildlands doesn't look like my type of game from the twitch streams I've been watching.

5. Post
    Xspike sent me an invite but as I should expect from uPlay it's dropped the ball

Looks like they never heard of minimalism, HUD looks so busy with markers.

6. Post
    Played 30 mins so far solo (PS4) and it's ok, really takes me back to the days of Socom, Far Cry, and even GTA V Heists. Looking forward to playing with some GPers tonight.

7. Post
    Anyone got a spare key by chance (either PS4 or PC)? I don't have high hopes but willing to give it a chance.

8. Post
    Amoki wrote:
    I suspect the game will effectively kill The Division for good.
    too early to call it The Division eventhough the potential is there. quite fun on solo and coop however content wise is still not there yet

i hope alot of issues raised on reddit will be fixed before final release. that said i definitely consider buying it. not day 1 tho

9. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Anyone got a spare key by chance (either PS4 or PC)? I don't have high hopes but willing to give it a chance.
    Add me on uplay. Got 1 invite left for ps4
    Add Vegelixx.

10. Post
    Vegelixx wrote:
    Add me on uplay. Got 1 invite left for ps4
    Add Vegelixx.
    All good XSpike gave me one. thx anyway

11. Post
    Got no keys as i was inivted, had a bit of fun in co-op - game is a little buggy on PC but it is a BETA. Reminds me of Just Cause / Far Cry really.

12. Post
    onizero wrote:
    too early to call it The Division eventhough the potential is there. quite fun on solo and coop however content wise is still not there yet

i hope alot of issues raised on reddit will be fixed before final release. that said i definitely consider buying it. not day 1 tho
    I don't see how The Division cannot match GRW in terms of content except for the PvP/PvPvE and the RNGesus component. Kinda sick of the PvP component because it's a a gank-fest with a good dose of ping issue mixed in, and Massive is still trying to rescue their dead pet horse (DZ) without creating much worthwhile content.

I'll definitely get GRW within the first 2 weeks depending on launch reviews. It's got the best features of GRFS and Far Cry 3 mixed together.

13. Post
    Amoki wrote:
    I don't see how The Division cannot match GRW in terms of content except for the PvP/PvPvE and the RNGesus component. Kinda sick of the PvP component because it's a a gank-fest with a good dose of ping issue mixed in, and Massive is still trying to rescue their dead pet horse (DZ) without creating much worthwhile content.

I'll definitely get GRW within the first 2 weeks depending on launch reviews. It's got the best features of GRFS and Far Cry 3 mixed together.
    like i said amok, too early to tell. dont get me wrong i am really enjoying the beta despite the bugs and like you will probably get it as well

also, is there any info regarding the end game of GRW? i mean once the full game is out and you finished and collected everything, whats next?

14. Post
    I run a very decent rig, but GRW didn't feel right, the game was clunky and not smooth, compared to other Open world games I've played (The Division, GTA:V, MGS:V)

GRW like The Division has potential, however currently it's very unpolished and the flow isn't very fluid. The landscape, like The Division is top notch, and I say this because a year ago I was blown away by the design of NYC by Massive as well. Control wise, it feels very clunky, especially when it comes to vehicles, which seems to be something only GTA can get right since it's the main selling point of their game. The rest is just... nothing bad about it, but nothing that screams wow either.

Problem I see right now is this "Closed Beta" happening a month before release. A lot of arguments on Reddit and Discord on how this Closed Beta represent the finished game, with one side saying the game is probably an older build used for stress testing, while the other side refutes with this is going to be the golden copy. I'm leaning towards this is more in line with what we're going to see on launch day, which means it's going to be a pretty bad launch day. Sales will be decent, but the closed beta had heaps of problems, which wasn't just gameplay issues either. Gameplay issues can be fixed, these are mechanics that we can work around, but people with top of the line machines couldn't get it working, that is just silly. The Division had plenty of issues after its launch, mechanics broken, bugs plaguing the game, and I see a similar pattern here for GRW, which will turn into The Division all over again.

15. Post
    I imagine it is going to get quite repetitive, but if playing with a few friends It could be fun for awhile

16. Post
    can you say ubi downgrade

17. Post
    Amoki wrote:
    I suspect the game will effectively kill The Division for good.
    Aren't they different genres though? Division is effectively a MMO and this looks like a Co-op third person Far Cry i.e. open world story driven game with an end to it (DLC aside)

18. Post
    MockStar wrote:
    Aren't they different genres though? Division is effectively a MMO and this looks like a Co-op third person Far Cry i.e. open world story driven game with an end to it (DLC aside)
    I think perhaps the mission based grind for gear and level ups is the same, no?

19. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I think perhaps the mission based grind for gear and level ups is the same, no?
    This chap here disagrees (specific comment at 4:49)

Last edited by MockStar; 7th February 2017 at 6:27 pm. Reason: fixed link

20. Post
    dont know about you guys but i enjoyed the beta alot. even more so with friends when you can muck around in the map like in gta. very likely will be getting this game

21. Post
    In all my footage I uploaded, only shot two bullets..

22. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    In all my footage I uploaded, only shot two bullets..
    the rest of the time you were trying to kill veg and I lol. Best part was when you bailed from the helicopter and there was no way for me to eject as well. I could only shuffle seats.

Had a great time playing with you guys but I don't think it's a game for me. I'm sure there will be more polish in the full game, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Feels like it's cherry picked a whole lot of elements from other great games but didn't really bring anything to the table that grabbed me. If anything I got a craving to team up for the GTA Heists again (though the reason why we never finished these was the match making even with a full team was broken to hell)

23. Post
    MockStar wrote:
    Not quite. And qualifier: I have spent almost 600 hours at The Division, so I definitely know what I'm talking about. Not sure whether I can say the same for that youtuber whom you pick that video from.

The issue with The Division at its current state is that once you get to the end-game, you literally only have two options: PvE or PvP. (Or you can create another character and re-do the whole level 1-30 + exploration, but you'll end up at the end-game again eventually).

With PvE: you have a selection of 9 missions, 3 incursions, a UG mod, and some HvT (which requires you do do Search and Destroy") which gives you reward to become better at doing... the 9 missions, 3 incursions, UG mod, and HvT/S&D. That's it. You're literally dependent on friends to feel entertained at doing this grind, because the grind is all there is, you're just grinding at and hoping RNGesus would give you a god-roll like an addict at the pokie machine. With same pool of friends, you have far more things to do and more ways to do it then The Division's current PvE offering and without the RNGesus effect. It gets boring after a long while.

The exception is Survival (which is a great experience), but it requires a non-stoppable commitment from you for 1.5-2 hours, and the rewards merely fit into that aforementioned motivation loop.

Now, you can dabble into PvP, but the issue is
    1) Ping and competition. The PvP element is clearly designed for console players (*cough PC master race*): the ping is crap for competitive PvP. Furthermore, you're almost certainly doomed if you get ganked. If I want competitive PvP, I play TitanFall 2 and R6:Siege, not this piece of crap.

2) number game: The PvP element in The Division is too dependant on you having the max number of people on your team with the right gear set. If you're a loner, you will very quickly get discouraged at PvP. See 3)

3) poor meta-execution. There really only are one viable gearset in each iteration. In 1.1 it was Sentry's Gear. In 1.2 it was Sentry with Aug and M1A. In 1.3 It was Tanktician. In 1.4 and 1.5 it was Alpha Bridge with FAMAS and LW M4. You refuse to do this, you fail. Your roll doesn't match up? Too bad. You might be able to have support gearset *if* you have a full squad of friends, but the majority of your squad makeup will still be dependent on the meta of the season that dishes the most damages in the shortest amount of time.

4) General dickery and douchebaggery. It takes a very special sort of person to gun down loners in the DZ who's only trying to finish his daily challenge and get out. Same deal when it comes supply drops. In fact, The Division's E3 was meant to attract this type of personality, and one of Massive's developer even encouraged it in one of their broadcast.

1.6/TLS may offset 4), but the synergy of 1), 2) and 3) are too ingrained into the design of The Division to be fixed, and there is awfully little hope for Massive to get 3) right.

So no: GRW will kill The Division once the PvE players start leaving and the PvP players stop having PvE players to kill.
    Last edited by Amoki; 10th February 2017 at 8:37 pm.

24. Post
    What puts me off this game is I've heard the AI is really bad.. as fun as a game is it can't keep me interested if I'm just mindlessly holding down the trigger most of the time.. its why I stopped play Division

25. Post
    One positive about this game:- It's got a low TTK, like tactical pseudo-realistic action games should have. The Division can piss off with its bullet sponge enemies who don't even wear body armour, such a disgrace to the Tom Clancy game legacy.

System requirements are pretty modest.
    The minimum and recommended specs, as per Nvidia, are as follows:

Blurred face

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400S @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-4320 @ 4 GHz
    GPU: GeForce GTX 660
    VRAM: 2GB
    RAM: 6GB
    OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
    HD 50GB free space

Scarface

CPU: Intel Core i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4 GHz
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 or GeForce GTX 970
    VRAM: 4GB
    RAM: 8GB
    OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
    HD 50GB free space

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands is due March 7.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/ghost-recon-w...led-by-nvidia/