1. Post

2. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    Just me or this looks just like The Last Stand.
    This.
    Rii wrote:
    Meh. Really don't like the actor they've chosen for Jean. However I don't like Jean as an X-Men character to begin with.
    And this. Where's Ramsay Bolton when you need him?

3. Post
    From Wiki:

After X-Men: Days of Future Past erased the events of X-Men: The Last Stand from the series' timeline, Kinberg expressed interest in a new, more faithful adaptation of Chris Claremont and John Byrne's "The Dark Phoenix Saga" in a future film than his previous attempt with The Last Stand, which was not well received. The new adaptation was confirmed as a follow-up to X-Men: Apocalypse in 2016. Kinberg signed on to make his directorial debut in June 2017, when the majority of the cast was set to return from Apocalypse. Filming began later that month in Montreal, and was completed in October 2017, with reshoots taking place in late 2018.
    I hope that's true cos The Last Stand was utter sheite.

4. Post
    Kinberg and the producer did an interview with Collider on facebook. Less than 200 people watched it live. Shows you the amount of interest in this movie. Not even 200 people were curious to hear what the director had to say.

5. Post
    There's almost endless material from the comics they could've chosen to make another x-men movie. Yet they rehash one that they already failed with.

6. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    Pretty sure your talking about the same movie
    oh I thought the latest one where she already did a Phoenix thing...

7. Post
    Rii wrote:
    Meh. Really don't like the actor they've chosen for Jean. However I don't like Jean as an X-Men character to begin with.
    They highly likely only cast her because she's a popular red headed actress in the appropriate age range for a late teenage/early 20s Jean Grey. If she wasn't on Game of Thrones there'd probably have somebody else in the role.

8. Post
    I think that's the reason why I don't like the casting (despite not liking the actor). Chosen as a popular vote.

9. Post

Name:  X-Men-Dark-Phoenix-Poster.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  317.6 KB

10. Post
    Sophie Turner get off my screen...

11. Post
    Without watching this new trailer, I call unmitigated disaster. The actual Dark Phoenix comics are awesome, everything about the first trailer was made up, downgraded hogwash.

12. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    Sophie Turner get off my screen...
    at least Jlaw is getting killed off, guess its a trade

13. Post
    Does anyone actually care or we just waiting for the MCU reboot? I feel like people only like the fox X-men because they're dark and gritty and a couple of the cast like professor x and magneto.

14. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Does anyone actually care or we just waiting for the MCU reboot? I feel like people only like the fox X-men because they're dark and gritty and a couple of the cast like professor x and magneto.
    As someone who has well over 1000 x-men comics and almost no mcu character comics, I’m dying for good x-men movies to be made. Can’t stand *most* of what fox have done so far.

15. Post
    this to me seems like simon kinberg doubling down on his The Last Stand script.

If it fails again then likely it means the Phoenix Force storylines are untouchable for another decade.

16. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    As someone who has well over 1000 x-men comics and almost no mcu character comics, I’m dying for good x-men movies to be made. Can’t stand *most* of what fox have done so far.
    Logan was good tho..

17. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Logan was good tho..
    That’s why I said *most* and not *all*. I think Logan was a good movie but personally don’t consider it a Logan or Wolverine movie.

18. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    If it fails again then likely it means the Phoenix Force storylines are untouchable for another decade.
    I’ve read at least three different versions of the Dark Phoenix story in the comics, I think. They are awesome stories. This movie has absolutely nothing in common with them, it’s not an adaptation or retelling, it’s made up junk. It’s 100% going to fail, and fail miserably.

19. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Does anyone actually care or we just waiting for the MCU reboot?
    I've been anticipating it. I've liked this current cast since First Class (except J.Law).

Do not hold your breath for MCU films post Avengers: Endgame and Spider-man: Far From Home maintaining their quality. There's been many signs that they'll be shifting towards ponitificating identity politics propaganda vs. telling fantastical escapist stories.

20. Post
    Avengers vs. X-Men, go!

21. Post
    Fantastic Four first?

22. Post
    Some leaked spoilers apparently.

Spoiler:

23. Post
    If those leaks are true this is 100x worse than I could have even imagined and I already have very low expectations

24. Post
    Chastain looks like the White Queen , Emma Frost?

25. Post
    International trailer has way more footage.