Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

X-Men: Dark Phoenix [2019]

So we finally have some confirmation that the next X-Men movie apparently titled Supernova will be shooting this summer as reported last year. Thanks to Sophie Turner for letting that one slip.

We’re about to start shooting the next X-Men. We’ve just finished shooting Season 7 of [Game of] Thrones, and I’ve got a couple of movies to do before X-Men starts. And then we go on to Season 8. So I’ve got a busy year lined up.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/x-men-sequel-shooting-in-2017/

For those unaware the next X-Men movie is apparently titled (at least for now) X-Men: Supernova. And will adapt the Dark Phoenix Saga. No word yet on who is directing it but Sophie Turner is the first confirmed returning cast member from Apocalypse. Which means its not a complete reboot at best it will be another soft reboot like First Class. Nobody is really sure if this is a direct follow up to Apocalypse as there is another movie titled New Mutant's in development and gearing up for production to be directed by Josh Boon.

Here's the original rumor

X-Men: Apocalypse wasn’t the best received by fans or critics, leading to questions about whether the franchise would move into more spinoffs. However, after some production rumors, last month a potential title for a new X-movie, X-Men: Supernova, was discovered, which seemed to point towards Jean Grey’s Dark Phoenix arc (something explicitly teased in Apocalypse) coming to life. A working title backed this up, and now we have some more concrete info.

My Entertainment World has revealed several new details about the film that chimes with all this. In a report on Supernova, they confirmed it will be shooting in Montreal (something rumored a few months ago), that the production start date is June 15, 2017 and have even got us a plot synopsis that expands the series’ scope massively:

“Gathered together by Professor Charles Xavier to protect a world that fears and hates them, the X-Men had fought many battles, been on adventures that spanned galaxies, grappled enemies of limitless might, but none of this could prepare them for the most shocking struggle they would ever face. One of their own members, Jean Grey, has gained power beyond all comprehension, and that power has corrupted her absolutely! Now they must decide if the life of the woman they cherish is worth the existence of the entire universe!”
    http://screenrant.com/x-men-supernov...oduction-date/

Dark Phoenix Hype?

Last edited by Valeyard; 30th March 2019 at 2:44 pm.

2. Post
    Jean Grey has been portrayed really average in all the x-men movies to date. I hope they up her character game in this.

3. Post
    Last movie was very average. Same director?

4. Post
    So it looks like McAvoy is on board. He revealed that hes shooting an x-men movie in the Summer so his future in the series is pretty much guaranteed. It seems Simon Kinberg had a part to play in convincing him. Its also being reported that Kinberg might be directing Supernova as well.

So that's two confirmed cast members now McAvoy and Turner. With the possibility of Kinberg directing.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...-x-men-a149131
    Last edited by Valeyard; 22nd February 2017 at 1:06 pm.

5. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Jean Grey has been portrayed really average in all the x-men movies to date. I hope they up her character game in this.
    I think her character is just boring in general except for the Phoenix stuff.

6. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    I think her character is just boring in general except for the Phoenix stuff.
    Yeah, that's true.

Using dat Tapatalk app

7. Post

8. Post
    well, crux of the problem was that Dark Phoenix etc was always less about humanity, mutants etc , the fundamental stuff about the Xmen and it went straight to the stars with aliens, galactic empires etc and so it became kinda .. meh to the stuff the fanbase really was in touch with, Logan from his days as Weapon X , Prof X vs Mag because..humanity , Xmen and the rest of humanity with the Sentinels etc etc.

case to point, Bobby Drake is actually one of the most powerful mutants ever. Even against Phoenix it would be a close wash depending on who activate first , the writers at that time bumped up Jean Greys psychic abilities to add the world ending Phoenix being ( who is considered a separate entity existing within JG ) to spice things up and the whole storyline went.. away from the fan base. Eventually they realized their mistake and moved Phoenix away and as her own entity and pushed JG back ( not particularly successfully imho, the pall of the whole phoenix bit still lingers ) to the xmen. Imho it was a case of writing going the wrong way for the character.
    Last edited by Bloody; 8th December 2017 at 11:02 am.

9. Post
    I'd be looking forward to this movie more if they didn't have Turner as JG. Horrible and wooden actress.

10. Post
    She really is terrible.

11. Post
    She is pretty bad. Would bang though.

12. Post
    Ugh... Looks lame

13. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    She is pretty bad. Would bang though.
    While she was on fire? What a way to go out.

14. Post
    Name:  X-Men-Dark-Phoenix-2018-poster.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  203.7 KB

Trailer tonight, Mod wanna update the title to dark phoenix?

15. Post

16. Post
    Bah, Fox once again proving they have no understanding of the source material. I grew up reading the Dark Phoenix stories, this isn’t that.

17. Post
    /shrug they can re-envision it as they please, it looks, eh? from the trailer, a lot of serious close ups and not much xmen.

18. Post
    Just me or this looks just like The Last Stand.

19. Post
    They are still using the same people from the last few movies.

I expect it to be good, but not blow anyone away. Then again I loved first class.

20. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    Came in this thread to post this.

But it is just a trailer.

21. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    Bah, Fox once again proving they have no understanding of the source material. I grew up reading the Dark Phoenix stories, this isn’t that.
    They never did any Cosmic Universe shit prior in this franchise, I seriously doubt that they'd start now during the last chapter. They'll probably do Dark Phoenix yet again in 5-10 years time anyway as part of MCU.

22. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    Phoenix was also done in X3. Pretty overused at this point and zero hype

23. Post
    Need dat Onslaught Saga.

24. Post
    Meh. Really don't like the actor they've chosen for Jean. However I don't like Jean as an X-Men character to begin with.

25. Post
    Kog wrote:
    Phoenix was also done in X3. Pretty overused at this point and zero hype
    Pretty sure your talking about the same movie