Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post
    Been slowly dipping my feet into the odd survival game, think I prefer battle royale style better overall, but like the base building vibe of some of them.

2. Post
    https://www.survivethenights.net/

Another one, I backed it on Kickstarter, haven't really been following it though.

3. Post
    IST wrote:
    Been slowly dipping my feet into the odd survival game, think I prefer battle royale style better overall, but like the base building vibe of some of them.
    I've been playing Fallout 4 on survival mode and it has been itching that scratch really well. The base building becomes more strategic when you can't just fast-travel every single item in the game back to your workshop.

4. Post
    Rumor wrote:
    Playing 7 Days to Die co-op with a mate on a server he runs. Having a blast with it and the newest alpha A16 has made some really great changes and additions to the game.
    Yeah I'm loving A16, I got a bit bored of 15 but the addition of the skycrapers as minidungeon style buildings and all the random world gen changes are so good. First time I've played without using the compo pack that adds buildings for a while but it still feels awesome and balanced out.

5. Post
    Well The Long Dark officially has a single player story (episode) now which was released today.

6. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Well The Long Dark officially has a single player story (episode) now which was released today.
    Really like the art style of that game, wanna give it a fling: is there PvP as well?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

7. Post
    PvP wouldn't make sense in The Long Dark it's very SP focused.

8. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I've been playing Fallout 4 on survival mode and it has been itching that scratch really well. The base building becomes more strategic when you can't just fast-travel every single item in the game back to your workshop.
    Nice, was wanting something to spice it up on my second playthrough: sounds like the ticket (with all the new DLC too, haven't touched any yet but own it all).

Gwarden wrote:
    PvP wouldn't make sense in The Long Dark it's very SP focused.
    This is refreshing as, I'm contemplating doing a yolo tonight and jumping in

9. Post
    Not really a survival game, but has traits of it.

Citadel forged with fire.

Picked it up last night. It's pretty good, todays update feels a lot better.

10. Post
    Absolutely loving The Long Dark: both it's story mode and sandbox (probably sandbox moreseo) are so immersive.

11. Post
    In sandbox there's a sweet spot you get to where you have enough basic food and water to not always be foraging, but not enough materials to be completely kitted out in bear clothing. Before and after that sweet spot can be a bit tedious gameplay-wise, but the atmosphere never wavers.

12. Post
    ^ basically the reason i refunded the long dark some time ago. once you realise how the game is meant to be played you realise just how repetitive it will get

13. Post
    Was watching a stream of The Long Dark and it bugged me how often the player got hungry and tired. In a half hour period he slept 5 times and ate 7 times.

That would annoy the shit out of me. I want to do survival, not babysit a 97 year old with worms.