Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

The Lion King - Jon Favreau

We got our first bit of casting news for Jon Favreau's live-action 'Lion King' movie. Donald Glover will play Simba and James Earl Jones will reprise his role as Mufasa,While Jeff Nathanson, is writing the film.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...s-simba-977488
    Last edited by Valeyard; 18th February 2017 at 7:13 pm.

2. Post
    I'm pumped for this. Lion King is awesome.

3. Post
    Lion King? Wow they sure are scraping the bottom of the barrel re obscure superheroes, never heard of him.

4. Post
    Wow. Of all the movies that needed a remake this would be close to last.

5. Post
    I enjoyed the jungle book, hopefully this turns out well.

6. Post

7. Post
    These are some solid choices.

Beyonce can go away though. However I'm bias. I just don't like her for anything she's done.

8. Post
    The movie can go away tbh. Leave it be.

9. Post
    I cannot picture what this will be.

10. Post
    That's what makes it so exciting.

11. Post
    Planet of the apes but with Lions and stuff

12. Post
    More like The Jungle Book (also directed by Favreau) - realistic looking animals voiced by all those peeps

13. Post
    Isn't going to be more realistic? Like when that bad lion runs off the dad lion he kills all the cubs and shags all the lionesses?

14. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    More like The Jungle Book (also directed by Favreau) - realistic looking animals voiced by all those peeps
    For some reason I thought it was going to be live-action. This makes way more sense

15. Post

16. Post
    I am really looking forward to this! Looks epic.

17. Post
    Seth Rogan as stoned Pumba - just make a movie on this alone

18. Post
    Was super skeptical but it looks ****ing gorgeous and the cast is great.

19. Post
    another remake to cash in on peoples nostalgia, cool.

20. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    another remake to cash in on peoples nostalgia, cool.
    I'd hardly call it that dude.

21. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    I'd hardly call it that dude.
    its a remake, just because its going from cartoon to irl doesnt mean its not a remake.

22. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    its a remake, just because its going from cartoon to irl doesnt mean its not a remake.
    And what's wrong with remakes? Does every single movie have to be something new and original? Or is someone having a different creative direction/take on a old story just instantly fall into the "Cash grab!!11!!one!!!!" bucket for you?

23. Post
    Another point if you've read about film history. A lot of big movies are remakes or reboots of older titles. I'll be keen to watch this when it comes out.

24. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    And what's wrong with remakes? Does every single movie have to be something new and original? Or is someone having a different creative direction/take on a old story just instantly fall into the "Cash grab!!11!!one!!!!" bucket for you?
    how is it a different take? literally looks exactly the same just irl instead of cartoon. I dont mind remakes, I just saw suspiria last weekend (even though I didnt like it, I was still hell looking forward to it). Direct remakes are boring

25. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    how is it a different take? literally looks exactly the same just irl instead of cartoon. I dont mind remakes, I just saw suspiria last weekend (even though I didnt like it, I was still hell looking forward to it). Direct remakes are boring
    Oh wasn't aware this was already out and you'd seen more than a glory shot of the opening scene.