Page 3 of 3 First 123
Results 51 to 66 of 66

  1. Post
    #51
    Seeing it tomorrow. Reviews have been mixed. Still excited tho.

  2. Post
    #52
    Just saw it. I feel like this is gonna be Disney's man of steel in the sense that critics are mixed on it but most fans will like it. CGI was very impressive. Takes a little while to get used to the talking animals. I'm annoyed that our projector wasn't set to the correct ratio for some reason. But good excuse to go see it again. Was the first live action remake id seen from Disney. I enjoyed it.
    Spoiler:

  3. Post
    #53
    I'm not quite sure how much I liked it. It's hard to not draw comparisons to the original. I didn't not like it though.

    I did, however, very much not like the ****ing butchering of Be Prepared.

    Grats to all the ginger kittens out there needing to be adopted though.

  4. Post
    #54
    THR are reporting a $150M opening weekend. I do think the mixed reviews probably hurt the films chance at a $200M opening. But 150M should not be disappointing for Disney. Still think it could go as high as $180M.

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...us-bow-1224795

  5. Post
    #55
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    Looks shit as ****, no emotion in the faces its pretty much a 2019 version of Milo and Ottis

    They went too much on the realism and forgot to capture what made Lion King great.
    So funny you mention Milo and Otis because that definitely crossed my mind a couple of times.. I feel like they missed the sweet spot of aninamlistic realism while still managing readable and emotional facial expressions that they achieved on jungle book, this time around they went too far down the real animal faces and I was missing a lot of the animated expressions of the original. Timon was the main exception to this, which leads me to the voices..

    Some of the originals are completely irreplaceable, was pleased to hear James Earl Jones return, but Timon and Pumba's reimaginings were great, Donald Glover was a fantastic replacement for Broderick, Oliver did a respectable job of reprising Rowan Atkinson's zazu,. Beyonce was..ok I guess, perfectly fine when she wasn't completely overdoing the Trilling and riffing in "can you feel the love tonight" like she was in an American idol audition, but wasn't a big fat disappointment, like whoever the poor bastard was that voiced scar. I don't know why Jeremy irons wasn't back to do his iconic performance as one of the best Disney villains ever, but it's like the replacement was reading off a script after just being told his dog died, it was so flat and uninspiringly unintimidating. Perhaps I was just constantly comparing it to irons' delivery and I'm being overly harsh, but it was by far the biggest letdown for me that keeps it from rising to the level of the original.

    Overall it looked gorgeous, the CG lighting managed to look both natural and dramatic (no small feat!), character animation other than the aforementioned facials was mostly great - I didn't dig rafiki sitting down and half heartedly lifting the Cubs, but the lion fights felt impactful, even if the CG realism just meant the lack of blood became a bit jarring by the end. Also despite the extra running time, the editing between dramatic/emotional scenes and comedic relief felt kinda whiplashy. Despite my nitpicking, it's a perfectly fine movie, there's just really no reason to see this over the original.
    Last edited by Feliz; 28th July 2019 at 2:10 am.

  6. Post
    #56
    Haven't watched it yet, but picked up a few things from the trailer that others have mentioned.

    Scar's voice in the original is iconic and scary as ****. The new guy sounded terrible. (In the trailers at least)
    Beyonce oversinging annoys me a lot. I'm quite into theatre and the music that goes with it. The music in this movie doesn't need overdoing.

    DOGZILLA wrote:
    I did, however, very much not like the ****ing butchering of Be Prepared.
    Which takes me to this. I just listened to the new version.

    What a let down.




    There's no comparison.

  7. Post
    #57
    I want to take my daughter to this, would anyone that has seen it say there is any "scary" parts to be aware of?

    Would you say it is appropriate for a 2 year old to watch with her parents?

  8. Post
    #58
    dickytim wrote:
    I want to take my daughter to this, would anyone that has seen it say there is any "scary" parts to be aware of?

    Would you say it is appropriate for a 2 year old to watch with her parents?
    No appropriate at all. Wait until she is at least 12.

  9. Post
    #59
    A 2 year old won't know what the **** is going on.

  10. Post
    #60
    Valeyard wrote:
    I feel like this is gonna be Disney's man of steel in the sense that critics are mixed on it but most fans will like it
    Name:  3XK7lY6.png
Views: 135
Size:  41.5 KB


  11. Post
    #61
    dickytim wrote:
    I want to take my daughter to this, would anyone that has seen it say there is any "scary" parts to be aware of?

    Would you say it is appropriate for a 2 year old to watch with her parents?
    No, you can't expect a 2 year old to sit still and watch a movie for 2 hours without disturbing others in the cinema.

  12. Post
    #62
    dickytim wrote:
    I want to take my daughter to this, would anyone that has seen it say there is any "scary" parts to be aware of?

    Would you say it is appropriate for a 2 year old to watch with her parents?
    Stick to paw patrol.

  13. Post
    #63
    Lol at a 2 yr old to the movies, as much as I've been tempted to even with my 4 year old it would never work

  14. Post
    #64
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    Lol at a 2 yr old to the movies, as much as I've been tempted to even with my 4 year old it would never work
    I told the Mrs. that she wouldn't sit through a movie, then she sat through Toy Story at home, however the following afternoon she got 45 min into Peter Rabbit and lost interest.

    The more I thought about it, the sound is really too loud for a 2yo in the cinema alone, then the disruption to others as she says "lion, roar" every 30 seconds.

  15. Post
    #65
    I took my 4 year old to the movies on his 4th birthday, he was fine (Toy Story 4). If they're capable of watching entire movies at home they'll be fine, but it takes a while before they can sit through it in one sitting.

    He wants to see the Lion King so we're going to go, if its too heavy for him we'll just leave, but he's watched the original several times and I thought that was pretty dramatic but he was fine with it.

  16. Post
    #66
    Valeyard wrote:
    Just saw it. I feel like this is gonna be Disney's man of steel in the sense that critics are mixed on it but most fans will like it. CGI was very impressive. Takes a little while to get used to the talking animals. I'm annoyed that our projector wasn't set to the correct ratio for some reason. But good excuse to go see it again. Was the first live action remake id seen from Disney. I enjoyed it.
    Spoiler:
    The projector at my session was also not set to the right aspect ratio for yesterday's viewing, WTF is going on here.