1. Post

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood is the upcoming second expansion pack of Final Fantasy XIV, announced at the 2016 Fan Fest, being released for PC, Macintosh, and PlayStation 4.

• The expansion automatically increases the level cap to 70 for all disciplines.
    • The battle system will be revamped. One change is that cross-class skills will now be determined by role rather than specific classes.
    • New jobs Red Mage and Samurai.
    • New areas are said to be comparable to Heavensward areas in size. Flying mounts supported.
    • Players will be able to go swimming and diving in bodies of water.
    • The story begins in a place called Rhalgr's Reach.
    • A new continent to explore: far eastern Othard.
    • New locations, including the island chain of Hingashi; the Ruby Sea, home to pirates and the Kojin beast tribe; Yanxia, home to the Garlean-occupied Doma; and the Azim Steppe, ancestral home of the Au Ra.
    • A new city, the port town of Kugane, in Hingashi.
    • A new far eastern styped housing area, Shirogane.
    • Two new Beast Tribes, the Ananta, a serpentine tribe, and the Kojin, a tortoise-like tribe.
    • New Primals, including the Ananta primal Lakshmi, Lady of Bliss, and the Kojin primal Susano, Lord of the Revel.
    • A new high-end raid: Interdimensional Rift - Omega, the Bend of Time.
    • A new 24-man raid series: Return to Ivalice, with a story written by Yasumi Matsuno.
    • Exploratory missions set in The Forbidden Land of Eureka.
    • The inventory system will be expanded.

Samurai Artwork

Samurai Combat

Samurai in-game

Red Mage Artwork

Red Mage Combat

Red Mage in-game

Stormblood expansion will launch on June 20, 2017

Image Dump
    http://imgur.com/a/o4qyw
    Last edited by Rekuja; 22nd February 2017 at 10:31 am.

2. Post
    Dat red mage & samurai artwork doe

3. Post
    Final Fantasy always has the best artwork, I have 2 massive Final Fantasy art books and I always go back to them every few months when I'm relaxing.

Stormblood looks fantastic, increased graphics since they dropped PS3 support, will be interesting to see what they do this time, especially with underwater being a new space for them.

4. Post
    will try when its out for revamped battle features

5. Post
    Job actions were revealed, they look pretty good! notice all jobs have a new interface too.

Was looking forward to this expansion but unfortunately I won't have enough time to play it looks good though!

EDIT: Accuracy is also removed from the game (celebration times)

6. Post
    I leave NZ for a holiday the day after Early Access for Stormblood.
    Do not like the changes to Cleric Stance. Stance dancing was the best part about healing, now it's just gonna be borin'

Do like the look of my next summon. Heck yeah Bahamut EGI...Even if he only lasts 15 seconds. Gonna be good times.

7. Post
    thinking about to jump into this new with a friend that has ps4Pro and me with my PC, its $12.44 a month which isn't too bad.

the only thing will be finding a time to throw into it

8. Post
    Have any of you lot pre-ordered off the SE Store? The NA one won't take an NZ address so we're concerned it will reject an NZ VISA or Paypal account. I can't personally check till payday, which is Thursday night.

(We've got NA accounts because when it first came out in 2010 EBGames had NA copies)

9. Post
    Minaithnir2005 wrote:
    Have any of you lot pre-ordered off the SE Store? The NA one won't take an NZ address so we're concerned it will reject an NZ VISA or Paypal account. I can't personally check till payday, which is Thursday night.

(We've got NA accounts because when it first came out in 2010 EBGames had NA copies)
    Never mind, had the genius idea to buy a Thief DLC for $0.70 and see if it'll take an NZ VISA using a US Address (my mates with his permission). Worked a treat, the VISA check SMS thing even let me send to an NZ cell xD

10. Post
    how are dragons seem in ff typicaly?

any highly highly informative articles videos on dragons?

11. Post
    How's the expansion folks? heard there's some annoying bugs (expected) but how's the overall quest design, class changes, zones, etc?

edit: nvm I caved, Samurai is exactly how I hoped it would be, absolutely love it.
    Last edited by Rekuja; 20th June 2017 at 8:35 pm.