Borderlands 3

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't really give a shit about any of this stuff? I'm loving the game, making steady progress at level 36, but they can nerf whatever they want, I'll just use something else.

Yeah....... filthy casual!

2. Post
    My mum says I'm cool

3. Post
    It's no one's right to tell someone else how they are supposed to enjoy a game.
    Unfortunately due to the RPG factor in Borderlands though, late game stuff can become very cookie cutter builds if you want to farm quickly.
    It was the same in Borderlands 2.
    However, due to how the OP levels worked, to even kill basic enemies at times you needed an exact build and gear

4. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    I dont think I've finished all the hunts on old mate so will be grabbing that today. Looks solid as.

I've been using a lucians call and that is hilariously fun on slaugherstar in fade away with bullets spraying all over the show. Slight bummer its a cryo one for anointed. Farming old mate dinklebot for the tokens was a bit sucky but still got it in 10 tokens.
    can get those from grave man....got heaps of legends, normally just leave them on the floor..

5. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    It's no one's right to tell someone else how they are supposed to enjoy a game.
    Unfortunately due to the RPG factor in Borderlands though, late game stuff can become very cookie cutter builds if you want to farm quickly.
    It was the same in Borderlands 2.
    However, due to how the OP levels worked, to even kill basic enemies at times you needed an exact build and gear
    Shit dude, I'm sorry - not my intention to criticise how anyone plays or enjoys the game, and maybe I'll get more interested in these aspects as I get closer to the endgame stuff. At this stage, I'm just enjoying the hell out of it and not paying too much attention to specific builds etc.

6. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Am I the only one who doesn't really give a shit about any of this stuff? I'm loving the game, making steady progress at level 36, but they can nerf whatever they want, I'll just use something else.

Yeah....... filthy casual!
    im much the same, im nowhere near as good at it as panda or as spergie about knowing what does what, but idgaf im having my fun, and as far as nerfing shit goes who cares, the idea is for a game to be challenging right? otherwise its just an interactive movie :P

Frederick James wrote:
    Shit dude, I'm sorry - not my intention to criticise how anyone plays or enjoys the game, and maybe I'll get more interested in these aspects as I get closer to the endgame stuff. At this stage, I'm just enjoying the hell out of it and not paying too much attention to specific builds etc.
    he's not calling you out on your statement, hes agreeing with you and talking a parallel point that seems to be missed by most

7. Post
    Yeah, you completely missed that one lol.
    It's a game that can be played casually, or at the high difficulty stuff can, be hours on end of grinding to get the perfect gear.
    Much like Diablo III with torment levels last time I played it about 5 years ago

8. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    the idea is for a game to be challenging right? otherwise its just an interactive movie :P
    I would say fun is my primary motivator in a pve game, but then challenging and fun can be the same thing.

I think I'm a bit miffed about the what I see as heavy handed nerf after I spent a bunch of time getting my build and gear into a state that was great for having a hardout rampage while still getting blacked if I got tooo agro, then it goes poof no more thx.

As as said back a few pages I was pretty surprised how hard the particular skill got squished, in my mind at least borderlands has always been about being "OP" and going on rampages once you got up in levels a little, every game has had characters that were "OP" to silly levels (lilith with double anarchys etc) and that was always part of the appeal of the franchise.

9. Post
    *shrug* the games a month old in the wild, im not surprised theyve realised some stuff is a bit too op now theyve seen how it goes to a much larger audience, they got rid of that grenade that made everything 1 shot (which seems to be a completely ****ing pointless way to play any game imo)

even now after being nerfed fl4k is still far and away more OP than the other characters, i dunno i guess i just dont play that way to understand from your point of view

10. Post
    Yeah when you spend hours getting the items that make your build work for you only to see some part of it nerfed is frustrating especially as most items are RN-Jesus world drops and not just dropping from one target as BL2 was more like, Great example im trying to get the hive it is meant to have an increased chance from Princess Tarantella II, but ive lost count on the runs ive done and got everything else but the Hive. One kill dropped 3 legendaries 2 were the same gun and im on Mayhem 3 with a loaded dice artifact that substantially increases your luck. I see from tomorrow its rare spawn week so hopefully the drops are better

11. Post
    Porcelain pipe bomb was bugged, even with the bug fixed its still grunty. That's not the same thing as a skill doing what was described....

I was expecting gearboxes level of nerfing to be more inline with bl2 styles, Bee + conference call got squished because it meant any character with 2 pieces of gear could solo the raid boss in one mag. There was still oddles of """""OP""""" stuff left in there (see salvador lol)

12. Post
    Meanwhile here I am with my level 20 Zane, ain't nothing unbalanced here

13. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Meanwhile here I am with my level 20 Zane, ain't nothing unbalanced here
    easily my favourite voiced character in the game so far

14. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    Yeah, you completely missed that one lol.
    It's a game that can be played casually, or at the high difficulty stuff can, be hours on end of grinding to get the perfect gear.
    Much like Diablo III with torment levels last time I played it about 5 years ago
    Oh sorry, my bad - thought you were viewing what I said as a criticism. All good!

15. Post
    When I first loaded in last night the game must have been offline as it had un-patched itself.
    Leave no trace is way too broken as a Tier 1 skill to have been left as it was.
    Maybe they should have kept it as it was and moved it down as the keystone skill in that tree.
    I was gaining ammo as fast as I could use it with the Lyuda. There were also 5 legendaries dropped.

I also finally got both a Lucians and Rowans Call.
    I think the bekah is still the better Assault Rifle though tbh.

16. Post
    Moving it down the tree would have been the best option imo, swap it out with the badass hunting skill so if my maths is right you wouldn't have been able to capstone the green tree and get that skill. Or make it only apply once per shot rather than per pellet, or dump the % right down , etc etc. Lots of options other than making it no longer worth putting points into....

the offline thing is pretty weird, xp is something like 900% more, are they even patching the base game or is it all just hotfixes?

17. Post
    bit of both, I patched the game to get that guardian skill fix(that damaged you as well). But I farm offline for un-nerfed skills/drops

18. Post
    XP was definitely significantly more too (about 900% as you say).
    I think a normal kill was around 33K and I got 242K for that one kill.

19. Post
    Yeah I've been farming offline like you say 900% so easy to get the guardian ranks up for the extra perks

20. Post
    What sort of diminishing returns are there as you go up?
    I'm not all that high at the moment (maybe 70) so the stats I'm concentrating on are at around +11% each
    Last edited by Pandaemonaeon; 9th October 2019 at 5:06 pm.

21. Post
    There is a cap of 15% for +ve skills and something around -13.xx% for the reduction ones, they start to get pretty low but I cant imagine its going to be too tricky to max out everything.

22. Post
    I like some of the bonus skills/perks you get for spending tokens like recover ffyl with full shields and health or killing enemy triggers shield regen etc

23. Post
    What's with not being able to start a new character and play through the story in TVHM or with mayhem levels turned on? Started my 2nd character and playing the game again on normal difficulty is boring af. And this is coming from someone who normally plays games on normal or lower because I'm sh!t at games lol

24. Post
    Isn't that how it's always been?

25. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    Isn't that how it's always been?
    How the hell am I supposed to know? I haven't played through previous Borderlands games more than once, you obviously know so you tell me instead of doing whatever it is you're trying to do.