Borderlands 3

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Kog wrote:
    Think Im starting with Fl4k this time, should be good for solo since you can have a pet and cloak
    After some consultation, I think Fl4k too.

2. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    Moze because pair of miniguns
    +1 and who doesnt want homing rocket pods

3. Post
    9/10 from IGN

4. Post
    Bring on Friday: Launch Trailer

Last edited by Mountain Slayr; 10th September 2019 at 8:15 pm.

5. Post
    Bunch of reviews linked off this reddit thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...review_thread/

general yist seems to be its more of bl1 and bl2 which is what I was after

polgyon had a bunch of crashes and whatnot but I havent seen other reports of that as yet.

6. Post
    It's beating the review scores for the other Borderlands game and getting critical acclaim.
    My pre-order has been validated.

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    My pre-order has been validated.
    How do great reviews validate your pre-order, were they going to run out of stock?

8. Post
    Pcgamer gave it a 6/10

9. Post
    pc gamer review here

With Borderlands 3, a few things have changed, but to little effect. It's still a Diablo-like masquerading as a shooter, now with new traversal moves, gorgeous gun models, and improved weapon feedback. But Gearbox has done little to build on the Borderlands formula, while chucking the pitch perfect writing of Tales from the Borderlands in the bin. It's the best and the worst of the series at once.
    Sounds perfect to me (I didnt think tales was great)

10. Post
    ^Why fix what ain't broke?

11. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    ^Why fix what ain't broke?
    Exactly

12. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Pcgamer gave it a 6/10
    Their review is hilarious: Too many guns, too much loot, too many jokes, not serious enough like call of duty

The reviewer clearly just doesn't like the genre at all and is judging it based on personal feelings - that's why their 6/10 score stands out from everyone else's 9/10

13. Post
    How can there be too many jokes. I thought that what made the Borderlands games different from other shooters.

14. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    pc gamer review here

Sounds perfect to me (I didnt think tales was great)
    hmm that makes it sound like the best

15. Post
    I'm not reading the review as I don't want to spoil anything, but you would have to assume the reviewer hasn't spent much time with the previous iterations.
    For someone new to the series, too many guns would be a valid gripe as 90% of what drops can be absolute trash.
    The length of time it actually took to find specific weapons in BL2 could get a bit over the top.
    I remember farming the Torgue vending machine at the crater for over an hour to get a DPUH with a jakobs grip lol

16. Post
    Has anyone herd anything more about the unlock date for nz ?. Epic is saying the 14th.

17. Post
    I really don't get why epic is displaying the 14th, all the official gearbox stuff says the 13th and even if you convert over the US time unlocks it comes back as being on the 13th. The nz physical retailers also say the 13th.

edit - ive lodged a support bizzo with epic to get some confirmation
    Last edited by yeahboiwahoo; 10th September 2019 at 5:29 pm.

18. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    I really don't get why epic is displaying the 14th, all the official gearbox stuff says the 13th and even if you convert over the US time unlocks it comes back as being on the 13th. The nz physical retailers also say the 13th.

edit - ive lodged a support bizzo with epic to get some confirmation
    cool i was looking to do the same. let us know if you get a reply.

19. Post
    Launch trailer

20. Post
    Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    My name is Fotis and I am happy to be with you today!

I completely understand how important this purchase is for you, so I'm gladly inform you that Borderlands 3 will indeed be released on September the 13th, 2019.
    I hope that covers it!

If you have any further questions in the future I want you to know that I will remain here for you—all you have to do is simply email us and we'll be right there!

Have a great day!
    Epic Regards,
    hope this helps fellas

21. Post
    GMG key came

Game is preloading

22. Post
    Kog wrote:
    GMG key came

Game is preloading
    That's what I was waiting to hear.
    Bought and pre-loaded

23. Post
    Preloading now

Name:  BL3dl.png
Views: 103
Size:  14.0 KB

24. Post
    likewise

25. Post
    Sweet, just started doing the preload - should be done in 5 minutes.

Now the waiting game begins

In the meantime, enjoy a proper Borderlands 3 review