Page 1 of 11 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Call of Duty: WW2

Posters leaked, bandwagon WW2 go!

At least no more future space rocket boot, sidewall running bullcrap!

http://imgur.com/a/pCxjo

2. Post
    Do want Please be true

3. Post
    Idkw but I got a rather fakeish vibe from it. I have a feeling activision will stick with their guns and stick with future warfare. This feels like a fan made it just to get peoples hopes up and jump on all the ww1/2 rumors.

4. Post
    Interesting they've worked their way back again (did they actually listen to their old fans?). Given the development time for AAA games these days, i'm sure it is a coincidence that it would be released within a year of BF1.

Hope this is true.
    Last edited by HELL KNIGHT; 25th March 2017 at 5:27 pm.

5. Post
    I'll buy it

6. Post
    Any old school base assault? I loved that game type in UO.

7. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Idkw but I got a rather fakeish vibe from it. I have a feeling activision will stick with their guns and stick with future warfare. This feels like a fan made it just to get peoples hopes up and jump on all the ww1/2 rumors.
    It's not a modern/future shooter http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/02/0...k-to-its-roots

Will be WWII or Vietnam.

8. Post
    Which bandwagon?

9. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Interesting they've worked their way back again (did they actually listen to their old fans?). Given the development time for AAA games these days, i'm sure it is a coincidence that it would be released within a year of BF1.
    Oh please, you know nothing about the bureaucracy of AAA development. The initial design documents would've been had to be put into concrete by 2015 at latest for a AAA game with a 3 year development.

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Oh please, you know nothing about the bureaucracy of AAA development. The initial design documents would've been had to be put into concrete by 2015 at latest for a AAA game with a 3 year development.
    Thats why I think this is fake. Sledgehammers game had to have been development at least since late 2014-2015 they would have been well into 2 years of dev time when BF1 launched there is no way they could have scrapped everything and started over with a ww2 game unless going ww2 after infinite warfare was the plan from the start. Something just somes off about this. Like what kinda title is COWW2?

11. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Thats why I think this is fake. Sledgehammers game had to have been development at least since late 2014-2015 they would have been well into 2 years of dev time when BF1 launched there is no way they could have scrapped everything and started over with a ww2 game unless going ww2 after infinite warfare was the plan from the start. Something just somes off about this. Like what kinda title is COWW2?
    What kind of title is COD2? COD World at War? Not sure how WWII is so much different, at least it implies it could be a sequel to COD2 and when you see it you know exactly what time period it is. COD2 and WAW... could have be anything. Last thing we need is another '... warfare'.

https://imgur.com/a/aP9en #### = WWII. Could be a working title/concept art.

The game is definitely WWII or Vietnam.

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    You read sarcasm where there wasn't any, I was making the point you just made...

13. Post
    Legitimacy added to this leak.

The reddit user who posted this has leaked stuff before

And even better

Activision just banned his reddit account confirmed by mods for DMCA notice - aka Activision claims the leaks is their IP content that they own, Bingo!

14. Post
    And we've come full circle.

Remember when everyone was complaining about how every COD was set in WWII? And that people demanded something "different" or new?

15. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    And we've come full circle.

Remember when everyone was complaining about how every COD was set in WWII? And that people demanded something "different" or new?
    Just a shame the circle took so long, eh?

So many more modern/future COD games than WWII. Anything is going to get stale if you flog it with yearly titles.

They insist on having the same time period for their 4 year cycles, no idea why. Could do a different one each year but noooope.

16. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Just a shame the circle took so long, eh?

So many more modern/future COD games than WWII. Anything is going to get stale if you flog it with yearly titles.

They insist on having the same time period for their 4 year cycles, no idea why. Could do a different one each year but noooope.
    Yeah so true. They should've made it so Sledgehammer sticks to the futuristic shit, Treyarch does historical shit & IW sticks with modern day. That way we wouldn't get the exact same setting each year.

17. Post
    I think CoD tried to hard to make the unrealistic, realistic with the latest games. CoD has always been about putting people into the boots of real wars. When they tried to be Titanfall they still stayed to reliant on their same formula. Titanfall can do it because it's a wholly new concept that can not be disproven with fact. It is an imaginary world. CoD would have been better in a cyberpunk setting I reckon. At least then it can still be applicable to the world whilst being fantasy.
    Last edited by Britneys Spear; 26th March 2017 at 2:42 pm.

18. Post
    There are people out there making WW2 first person shooters that are more faithful to the original games than Activision could.

The series has been dead to me since modern warfare.

19. Post
    I'm keen on this, actually excited for the campaign too...can't remember the last time I said that about a Call of Duty.

Would be keener on Vietnam (for music mostly), but WWII will be tu meke.

20. Post
    TodashXIX wrote:
    There are people out there making WW2 first person shooters that are more faithful to the original games than Activision could.

The series has been dead to me since modern warfare.
    Days of War seems like a fail. Battalion 1944 may end up that way too. Day of Infamy would be nice if people played it and didn't look like a game from 10 years ago.

CoD needs a popular title on PC to bring back the player base. They'll neglect all the PC stuff like server browsers and stuff though. Modern Warfare remastered has server tick rate of 10hz... the cod engine is stuck in the old ages. What games need to 'cache shaders' upon loading, seriously?

21. Post
    I'd rather a new Brothers in Arms game tbh, but this will do (if it turns up).

22. Post
    i'd rather gearbox ceased making games

23. Post
    I hope Battlefield do the same and do WWII next. One thing i liked more with cod games was the Single player campaign, wasn't much into COD's mp, hope they can make it more closer to BF or RO2 with large scale battles and vehicles.

24. Post
    I had a lot of fun with the MP in the PC WWll COD's (I mostly played with a clan though). I hope Battlefield goes back to Vietnam, loved flying around with music cranking out the chopper.

Being that the guys at IW who were responsible of those COD's are now at Respawn, I just hope they don't balls it up. I wouldn't be surprised if they flick in remastered maps of old with the most expensive version of the game though - I mean they have got form now.

25. Post
    Britneys Spear wrote:
    I think CoD tried to hard to make the unrealistic, realistic with the latest games. CoD has always been about putting people into the boots of real wars.
    Bollocks, CoD has always been about putting people into the Hollywood blockbuster war movies. CoD and its direct predecessor Medal of Honour were all always about recreating cinematic war experiences with scenes ripped directly from the likes of Saving Private Ryan and Enemy at the Gates. In fact MoH was created by Dreamworks Interactive, a studio co-founded by Pvt Ryan film director Stephen Spielberg.

Ignorant people who like to criticise the post-2007 CoDs bang on about "Oh, they're like Michael Bay movies now. CoD used to be about simulating wars.". They have NFI about what they're talking about.