1. Post
    Latest update/changes from the beta

Crucible Design Lead Lars Bakken has some information on how you’ll meet new people in the PC Beta.

Lars: During the console Beta, we learned a lot from the players who entered the Crucible. Some of these learnings will be on display in the PC Beta. Our core goals haven’t changed. We still want to serve all players who love the thrill of competition with fair and fun matches. We have, however, done a bit of work under the hood.

One of our goals for Destiny 2 has been to create two different ways to challenge yourself against other players. From this point forward, to allow for more varied experiences between the playlists, matchmaking for Quickplay and Competitive will be tuned separately. Along with some other changes to the rule sets for specific game types, these are the moods we want to cultivate in the new Crucible.

Quickplay
    Matchmaking times will be shorter, with less emphasis on Skill. This is the fastest route to a game, but you may face opponents outside of your comfort zone. The winning score in Control has been extended from 75 to 100 to allow for more time to play and use your abilities. Because too many matches were shorter than we expected (some Guardians weren’t even able charge their Super) we’ve extended the trigger for the Mercy rule so it will come into play less often.

Competitive
    Matchmaking takes more time to introduce you to players that are closer to you in skill with a good connection. These matchmaking settings may take longer, but we feel that the quality of the gameplay experience will be worth the wait. We have also made improvements to the way we calculate your skill in Countdown to better reflect how you’ll perform against your opponents.

We always use an element of your skill rating when we match you with opponents or teammates, whether in a pre-made Fireteam or going in solo. In all cases, the average rating of the team is taken into account when looking for matches. As always, we’ll be eager to hear from you all about how this feels.

Sandbox Designer Josh Hamrick has notes on how to survive when you come under fire in the PC Beta.

Josh: First, Sandbox would like to give big thanks to everyone who played in the D2 console Beta! I can happily say that a lot of issues you all encountered are things we were tracking. I can even happilyerly say that, because of your hard work and dedication to making D2 awesome, there were a few things you reported that have now been fixed. Seriously, THANK YOU.

With the PC Beta coming up, we’ll have another chance to sample the mayhem. This will be an opportunity for you to experience a few tweaks that have been made that will help make for a more enjoyable D2 experience all around. Here’s a list of the major adjustments in the PC Beta.

FIXE Infinite Super Glitch
    Infinite Supers are all well and good until someone loses an eye.

FIXE Warlock Glide Glitch
    This bug was awesome… So awesome it hurt us a little bit to kill it. Thanks to those in the console Beta who helped us track this down.

FIXE Infinite Grenades Glitch
    Another issue found with the help of our friends in the console Beta. (Thank you!)

FIXE Warlocks now have the same Melee Range as all other classes
    With the exception of where perks directly increase their range, Warlocks will punch like the rest of us. Our PC friends will get a chance to experience a world with consistent base melee ranges. So will the rest of you, when the game launches.

TWEAKE Globally reduced the time it takes to charge your Super
    This was a big change that came directly from your feedback during the console beta. We agree it was taking a bit too long to cook up a Super.

TWEAKE Increased Grenade Damage in PvE
    Increased damage helps Grenades feel as powerful as they should facing hordes of alien combatants and, more specifically, makes the longer cooldowns more palatable. We want abilities to be slightly more rare, but worth it. In the console Beta, the “worth it” part wasn’t quite there yet.

TWEAKE Increased Power Ammo drops in PvE
    This is something we had felt internally and have been slowly tuning up over the last several weeks. The PC beta has been updated with our new values and will provide much more Power ammo in PvE than what was found before. Power ammo can also be directly farmed from all Yellow Bar Combatants. Go big, Guardians!

2. Post
    changes sound good, its funny how during the ps4 beta they were saying they had already made changes months ago cause the beta is a old build and now they are saying they made these changes directly because of beta feedback, so which is it bungie, haha I believe these changes were only made after the ps4 beta not before it

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    changes sound good, its funny how during the ps4 beta they were saying they had already made changes months ago cause the beta is a old build and now they are saying they made these changes directly because of beta feedback, so which is it bungie, haha I believe these changes were only made after the ps4 beta not before it
    as I said before, changes like this shouldn't be happening so close to release, Bungie fuked up and after the PR backlash made a bullshit story about us playing an old build.

anyway I welcome the new changes. cant wait to try it on a PC too !

4. Post
    Pretty much all the changes I was hoping for, based Bungie.

Delicious.

5. Post

6. Post
    ^Don't forget the JB hifi exclusive pre-order salute emote special. sigh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	273.3 KB 
ID:	218623

7. Post
    De$tiny 2: pre-order boogaloo

8. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    ^Don't forget the JB hifi exclusive pre-order salute emote special. sigh

Name:	IMG_0101.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	273.3 KB 
ID:	218623
    i must have missed what a exclusive means now days.

Name:	d2preorderpsn.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	218630
    or PSN gives no sh*ts for your "exclusive content"

9. Post
    Wonder if that's some false advertising from JB?

10. Post
    Maybe an exclusive with the physical copy?

11. Post
    WTF man

I literally don't know what to say. Activision will do anything for a buck apparently.

12. Post
    Piccoloco wrote:
    Maybe an exclusive with the physical copy?
    Nah, normal digital version on PS store has the salute

13. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Nah, normal digital version on PS store has the salute
    Physical exclusive for JB Hifi, in NZ, other retailers physical copies might not come with the code...

It's all a bit stupid really.

14. Post
    Agree, bordering on ridiculous.

15. Post
    Well I've preordered from JB and digital now just to be sure.

16. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Well I've preordered from JB and digital now just to be sure.
    I salute you

17. Post
    just preorder on psn for me, could care less about a salute or such nonsense vanity items, i only care about stuff that helps me to kill stuff!

18. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    just preorder on psn for me, could care less about a salute or such nonsense vanity items, i only care about stuff that helps me to kill stuff!
    You say that now, but when your with 5 people who have things you don't, and they're all shit talking you for a few hours because you cant do it...

You're going to cry if you don't have every pre-order bonus mate. step up your game and open your wallet. It's what Bungie require from their fans.

19. Post

Breaking News!

Taken from youtube , according to edge magazine who have played the entire game , we're looking at over 80 activities including story missions , it seems story missions will blend into these so called activities, i.e. adventures, lost sectors, strikes, etc ... gameplay has been reported in around 60hours to complete. Holy shyt , that's like 10x D1

thinking of running 3 classes on ps4 and 3 on PC .. lol , goodbye life

tons of new info guys ! dis gon be gud !

20. Post

21. Post
    And food for thought, I don't know how comparable these activities are in length and depth - but Destiny 1 + all the Destiny released expansions has less missions than Destiny 2 launches with (77 vs "over 80")

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...of_occurrence/

22. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    And food for thought, I don't know how comparable these activities are in length and depth - but Destiny 1 + all the Destiny released expansions has less missions than Destiny 2 launches with (77 vs "over 80")

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...of_occurrence/
    I would be extremely surprised if D2 was longer than all D1+expansion content. That makes very little business sense.

Having multiple smaller things may well feel like more content though... Loading screen delays / doing a larger variety of things easily masks doing longer activities of less variety. imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if the first expansion ups the "gameplay time" to similar levels as D1+expansions though, just from guessing at the magnitude in which new content can be produced... more variety again = more opportunity to make more playable content.

I'm really debating if I will play at launch..., I'm not keen to play with poop internet and seriously CBF moving somewhere temporarily just for a video game lol. But the addiction is strong.

23. Post
    Dope about the 80 missions, those exclusives doe...not so much

PSN digital for me (have to cancel MA one) for that easy play don't have to swap discs vibe.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

24. Post
    240 missions including Alts. RIP sleep 2018.

25. Post
    IST wrote:
    PSN digital for me (have to cancel MA one) for that easy play don't have to swap discs vibe.
    Exactly the same reason here, this will be my go to jam game and i dont wanna have to swap discs when I feel like doing a strike or some pvp to waste time