Results 2,451 to 2,470 of 2470

1. Post
    Looks like a lot of the smaller annoyances will be addressed.
    I rather like grinding for tokens when I can see the armour/weapon piece that I want sitting at a vendor.
    RNG rewards from vendors is absolute trash. RNG from raid and nightfall is necessary.

I'm glad they're focusing on balancing through introduction of new weapons, rather than nerfing current equipment (stay the **** away from my Mida). This will keep things fresh and make the crucible a lot more interesting.

All in all, I am optimistic.

I would like some PVE content for the higher end casual player. Strikes are a joke, and not everyone can get a fireteam for nightfall and raid. We need prestige strikes with matchmaking, that reward a particular currency used to purchase items.

2. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    "seasons" livestream / reveal

https://go.twitch.tv/twitchconcoolcat

ive just realized this is on, will post the whole thing after

full details here https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...eveal_seasons/

busy at home so have not had time to read through it all
    tbh not much interesting in that at all.

biggest joke line they have always said is
    Meant so you don't feel like you have to play Destiny ALL the time.
    well when your game is this boring it makes sense that people will jump in for maybe 1 thing a week.

it's so sad too see, months after D1 release my friendslist was just people playing it, look at it now and maybe 1 or two people are in it and everyone else is playing other games.

-edit- i still expect too see the PC player base ripping Bungie to shreds for the lack of content in the game.

3. Post
    "Meant so you don't feel like you have to play Destiny ALL the time"
    I'll have to hear it's in context or whatever but that sounds like a kick in the nuts to the people that actually WANT to play their game. However, I'm enjoying a break.

4. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    "Meant so you don't feel like you have to play Destiny ALL the time"
    I'll have to hear it's in context or whatever but that sounds like a kick in the nuts to the people that actually WANT to play their game. However, I'm enjoying a break.
    tbh its a very MMO company thing to say.

it's meant to counter the "i have to play all the time to not fall behind"
    which in real MMO's makes sense as that's why people complain that they are a second job etc

the main difference with D2 is that they have majorly casualified the game with the rng roll on weapons gone, the change in class skills being blocks of 4 now. the lack of Heroic strike playlist really needs to be a frggin thing, and they need MORE strikes.

honestly Destiny 2 really feels worse then D1, and even Diablo 3 AT launch!

5. Post
    True. I've been saying it all along, I don't envy the balance they want to strike. We have the hardcore "1%" that played the absolute shit out of the game since launch, we have the slightly scaled back hard core "on every night" but then I have friends that due to family and work commitments are still plodding through the story.

Personally? Yeah I'd love to be playing more but I feel like the knowledge of D1 rolling into D2 and how to maximize time spent, the community and groups, and also the added annual leave I took for D2 that once again I didn't take for D1, I'm super satisfied with what I've had out of the game.

Except the raid. In my opinion, and I'm a minority on this, but I find it to be the worst. Yes, I'd rate Crota's End above this.

6. Post
    I'm one of those casuals due to having a 4 yr old boy trying to balance family time and gaming time limits the time i can game and this time round feel every time I play I gain something a new gun I've been looking for or some power levels where in d1 I hit a freckin wall with the grind and felt like I was getting nowhere and stopped playing almost didn't get d2. I now have a titan and Hunter in d2 around the 292 power Mark and increasing each time I play without feeling like I'm getting nowhere fast. So from a casual gaming point if view it's better/less frustrating than d1 but can see they prob need to add content for the hardcore players.
    Last edited by Mountain Slayr; 21st October 2017 at 7:05 pm.

7. Post
    The problem with the game is that there's heaps of activities you can do once you reach the level cap, but there's no real reason or incentive to do any of them because of the lackluster loot system.

Prestige raid rewards are purely cosmetic armor sets? F**k off.
    Last edited by GiantMartianTripod; 22nd October 2017 at 10:24 am.

8. Post
    I see that D2 is 20% off on psn for the weekend.

I might wait to see the state of d2 after the dlc has been released.

I see that they have suspended trials for 2 weeks to fix glitches which people aren't happy with.

9. Post
    My take on Destiny 2.

The initial story line railroads the character into a very linear path, and that's just boring. Especially the mission where you're injured and have to stumble along along until you get outside the city. In comparison Destiny 1's first couple of missions felt like a mixture of the original Doom and Quake with matching music. Destiny 1 made better use of cut scenes to advance the story, and some of the cut scenes had an almost Shakespearean quality to them. D2 is better in that the story doesn't seem to have been gutted (who was The Stranger, What sort of conflict were you going to have with Uldren Sov) but it's not very engaging.

The one place that D2 is wholly better than D1 is not having a horrible piece of ending music by Paul McCartney. If you've never bothered to listen to it, find it on Youtube. It makes absolutely no sense that game which starts with a homage to Reznor's game music ends with that pile of feces.

I never really felt that D1 had a particular hard advancement mechanism but obviously hard advancement mechanism but obviously Bungie has feedback that it was too complex for casual play. By the end of D1 there was far too many different currencies and that has been simplified (for now) and it's easy to grind rep. But I find that I've exhausted everything I can do for a character to advance for that week in about 40 minutes. If I don't find someone who wants to do the Nightfall, it's a matter of waiting for someone in the guild to complete a NF or raid for the pity gear.

For a game that now revolves around loot drops, the loot is boring. I almost exclusively used Mida in D1 but now I struggle with it. The real utility of it was being able to switch between the three scopes and tune the other features. On the whole tuning a character in D1 to what you were doing was much easier and came into its own during Prison of Elders. Now it seems like the only scope is to add mods to sets of armour which are all clones of each other, which plays havoc with your light level.

The other problem I've had with D2 is none of my RL friends are playing it. One of the great things about D1 was hanging out with people I knew working out how the game functioned. Which D2 the few people I know in RL who were playing are now off playing Fortnite (or whatever the latest crack is).

10. Post
    Piccoloco wrote:
    I see that D2 is 20% off on psn for the weekend.

I might wait to see the state of d2 after the dlc has been released.

I see that they have suspended trials for 2 weeks to fix glitches which people aren't happy with.
    Been seeing copies of D2 on Trade Me going for $50 - $60, that's if you've got a working drive to put a disk in though, got yours fixed yet? Even at full price it's still a lot of game you're getting for your money,

Anyway, like I said in an above comment, getting to 305 is a lot of fun. The story is great.... the first time through it is anyway...... and all of the various activities are fun up to 305 because everything you do offers meaningful progression through the loot system, the main problem is that once you hit 305 your focus changes from leveling up through loot to chasing meaningful loot for your perfect loadout, but the loot system doesn't change the way it handles loot so it's still just throwing the same loot at you left right and center, and with the loss of random rolls reducing the amount of available loot in the game it's very easy to end up with one of everything without really trying.

I had 600+ weapon parts, which are like a form or currency to level up the weapon vendor now, which I handed in. Every 30 raises you 1 level and gives you an engram which will have 1 or 2 legendary weapons as well as possibly some shaders and/or mods. So 600 weapon parts was 20 levels, every weapon I got I sharded because I already owned them, which breaks them down to weapon parts, so from my initial 600 weapon parts I ended up with 58 or 68 weapon parts, can't remember exactly but it was bugger all, plus a few shaders and some blue mods, not exactly much incentive to grind activities for more gear is it? And this is what it's like with every vendor after a while, and that's a problem having no incentive to do activities to level up vendors, the game should be about the chase, but at the moment there is none and I attribute that purely to the loss of random rolls.

I decided to stop playing the game after visiting my postmaster who had around 16 items sitting in there, a couple of exotics, a dozen or so legendaries and a few blues, all double ups of gear I already owned, and as I was making room in my inventory to pick them up I stopped and thought, why am I bothering? All that these 16 items were going to be to me were weapon parts to level up the weapon vendor which in turn will just give me more items that I'll shard for more (less) weapon parts, the loot system had turned into a game of diminishing returns for me which is no fun at all in a looter shooter.

I'm sure that over time the live team will sort out the mess that the loot system currently is, but I wouldn't wait, I highly recommend playing it now in its current state because even though the end game is very lackluster the journey to reach that end game is a whole lot of fun.
    Last edited by GiantMartianTripod; 22nd October 2017 at 11:25 am.

11. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    "seasons" livestream / reveal

https://go.twitch.tv/twitchconcoolcat

ive just realized this is on, will post the whole thing after

full details here https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...eveal_seasons/

busy at home so have not had time to read through it all
    cool, so the game will be finished in 1 years time

12. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    True. I've been saying it all along, I don't envy the balance they want to strike. We have the hardcore "1%" that played the absolute shit out of the game since launch, we have the slightly scaled back hard core "on every night" but then I have friends that due to family and work commitments are still plodding through the story.

Personally? Yeah I'd love to be playing more but I feel like the knowledge of D1 rolling into D2 and how to maximize time spent, the community and groups, and also the added annual leave I took for D2 that once again I didn't take for D1, I'm super satisfied with what I've had out of the game.

Except the raid. In my opinion, and I'm a minority on this, but I find it to be the worst. Yes, I'd rate Crota's End above this.
    the other thing that i started thinking about last night.

Destiny 1 started becoming trash after the handed it over to the micro-transaction fueled "Live Team".

well in that list of things for the future of D2.

Torch has been passed from team who made Destiny 2 to the team that is maintaining it aka the Live Team.
    this worries me more then anything, this is something that is done at the end of a game's life cycle. something to keep players interested while the main team works on the next BIG thing (aka a new game/ip). does that mean all the DLC for D2 is already finished and just waiting for them to push out and charge people for it? does it mean that all we really have to look forward too are stupid little holiday/IB style events ALREADY?

i've said it before but, i fully expect the same review scores for the PC version(god knows why anyone reviews it so high), but by god do i expect the PC player base to rip into activision/bungie.

13. Post
    Bungie please make it so...

Name:  FB_IMG_1508650010792.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  154.9 KB

14. Post
    I've got a night off from the kids, who wants to raid? I can get 3 members of another clan to help so both clans get raid rewards.

15. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    I've got a night off from the kids, who wants to raid? I can get 3 members of another clan to help so both clans get raid rewards.
    If I'm on later flick me an invite. A bit hungover today so might not be up late haha

16. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    what time?

17. Post
    Sorry I didn't make it on last night. Is anyone keen for a daytime nightfall or raid today?

18. Post
    anyone keen to play some crucible message me on the psn vi_monkeydluffy

19. Post
    Anybody keen on a nightfall?

20. Post
    You can get 9 ppl into the prestige raid, lol. Bungie dun goofed again.