Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17th, 2017, PC/XB1/PS4)

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    EA is just digging a hole deeper and deeper for themselves lol. They're probably regretting ditching the traditional season pass system now lol.

2. Post
    Not sure if true but completing the campaign gives you 20k credits, which wasenough to unlock iden versio. After the heroes were reduced in price, the reward was reduced to 5k (which is how much iden is now). Your multiplayer rewards post match are still the same.

3. Post
    ^^ This is correct, people are just on the warpath with EA atm

4. Post
    Anyone enjoying the game? I am

5. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Holy shit...that's actually next level bad.

6. Post
    Rebound wrote:
    Yeah, will be playing it a lot. Enjoy the more casual nature of it.

7. Post
    I swear to god I'm stuck in the twilight zone at the moment. First GW2 mount rng, TWD car cash and now this response from EA.

Is the entertainment industry just openly ****ing with us now? It would be interesting to see how far they could push things before something actually happened, someone actually said 'no you can't do that'.

ludez wrote:
    Wut. So people that only want sp can play a $100 game and finish it for $7? The way they have it is fair

Sent from my MX4 Pro using Tapatalk
    If anything it's saying 'you probably shouldn't buy this game solely for SP'...

8. Post
    Ah EA, pre xmas Grinch is your title for sure.

EA Makes it Tougher to Cancel Battlefront 2 Pre-orders

EA is under fire for predatory pricing of DLC and add-ons for its upcoming "Star Wars: Battlefront 2" release. Gamers complain of the company effectively pricing it above $80 just to play as Darth Vader, and giving game reviewers a faster in-game content unlock progression, compared to paying gamers, misrepresenting the product. Pre-orders of the game can be cancelled and so Gamers took to Reddit, and other forums, to distribute links to the pages on EA's website that let you easily cancel your pre-order. With pre-order cancellations gaining traction, EA pulled out its bag of dirty tricks.

The publisher has reportedly changed the way you cancel pre-orders. Instead of simply clicking on a web-based form to cancel your pre-order and get the reference number to your refund, you now have to speak to a sales agent via chat to cancel your order. Trouble is, that the process is bogged down by too many people trying to cancel their orders (due to a finite number of agents), and thus EA has effectively made it impossible for everyone who pre-ordered to cancel. Only those who can endure the long agent waiting queue to chat with an agent, can cancel their pre-orders, as the November 17 release-date (beyond which you can't cancel pre-orders), looms closer.

9. Post
    Honestly with their last change of making the highest tier heroes/villains 15k, I feel the game is great. There's no long grind and the star cards really do shit all. May purchase during xmas if the discount around the last jedi release is true.

10. Post
    My about to expire jb hifi vouchers were earmarked for a Friday purchase, $92.

Whats this last jedi release discount? So far reviews aren't that hot and EA's exercise in being the biggest douches in the gaming industry I can wait.

11. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    My about to expire jb hifi vouchers were earmarked for a Friday purchase, $92.

Whats this last jedi release discount? So far reviews aren't that hot and EA's exercise in being the biggest douches in the gaming industry I can wait.
    Not sure how much of a discount or even if it's happening but a few places reported it would happen around the holiday time

https://www.vg247.com/2017/11/02/ea-...the-last-jedi/

12. Post
    These hero tweaks still do not fix the pay to win or grind of everything else (and its still a 100 hour grind for all the heros...), stardcards still give in game advantages...Arcade mode limits you to earning a certain amount of credits and after that you have to wait. That's straight out of free to play mobile games.

13. Post
    Deathbat wrote:
    Honestly with their last change of making the highest tier heroes/villains 15k, I feel the game is great. There's no long grind and the star cards really do shit all. May purchase during xmas if the discount around the last jedi release is true.
    This is only because early game rewards you with a ton of credit rewards for challenges etc. once that cash cow runs out at about 37k credits the grind kicks right back in.

Edit: for clarity I am still buying this game. My biggest disappointment is that they are screwing me and the game is fun enough for me to pay them for it.

14. Post

15. Post
    Rebound wrote:
    Yes, just playing the SP at the moment and having a blast. Once I figured turning the star fighter sensitivity down to 15 on my Xbox one x actually makes me enjoy flying and i can actually do things.

16. Post
    EA: "Let's not have a season pass, give them maps for free, let's show gamers we're not all that bad"

Also EA: "lol, jokes"

17. Post
    The bloke who said he got death threats in all likelihood does not work for EA/DICE (and prob made the whole thing up)

https://kotaku.com/the-curious-case-...1820474458/amp

The AMA on reddit turned into every answer being "we will adjust etc"

They said the arcade cap was to stop people exploiting credits to give an advantage in multiplayer... oh but paying for that same advantage is all mint..

18. Post
    Lol a Playstation display case with a PS4 & Battlefront 2 just turned up at work. Everyone is jizzing over the game & I really want to start raving to everyone about the whole loot crate thing & not to get sucked in lol. Not going to bother though. I know it will just fall on deaf ears and they will be like wtf am I on about lol.

19. Post
    LoL where you work? And can we come along with popcorn and watch this jizz fest

20. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    LoL where you work? And can we come along with popcorn and watch this jizz fest
    I work at the Vodafone office in Manukau. Was funny watching all these people being amazed by the game while I was thinking if only they knew how shit the game really was under all the pretty graphics & sound effects lol.

21. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    The bloke who said he got death threats in all likelihood does not work for EA/DICE (and prob made the whole thing up)

https://kotaku.com/the-curious-case-...1820474458/amp

The AMA on reddit turned into every answer being "we will adjust etc"

They said the arcade cap was to stop people exploiting credits to give an advantage in multiplayer... oh but paying for that same advantage is all mint..
    I don't really have a problem with having the option to pay for progression. These days, time is probably worth more than money for a lot of people. Now if money gave you stuff that your couldn't get with play time, then It would be a problem.

22. Post
    EA have removed microtransaction purchases from Battlefront II. They say they are continuing to tune the progression system, and will restore purchases of the crystal currency to the game at a later date.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-wars-b...ction-loot-box

23. Post
    Careful..... this smells like a good ole switcheroo. They even said it will come back later.

Typical EA, do something "good" so people purchase the game, bring it back in full force... and now you can't refund because it's past 48 hours.

I was quite keen to get this, didn't enjoy the beta but the full game looked a lot better...but the backlash has probably destroyed the oceanic community, who has it? can you find games?

24. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    Careful..... this smells like a good ole switcheroo. They even said it will come back later.

Typical EA, do something "good" so people purchase the game, bring it back in full force... and now you can't refund because it's past 48 hours.

I was quite keen to get this, didn't enjoy the beta but the full game looked a lot better...but the backlash has probably destroyed the oceanic community, who has it? can you find games?
    Yeah, I can find games.

If they come back they won't be pay2win, they can't be - the damage is done. It will be cosmetic items or something that won't affect gameplay.

25. Post
    There is still no point in buying it until they confirm how they will be re-implemented.