Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17th, 2017, PC/XB1/PS4)

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 12 of 12 First ... 29101112

1. Post
    xcal and Sandy Ravage have a point. Everyone is sheeping pretty hard about the EA controversy. I think I'll enjoy it when I get it. You however can do your own thing. Also, BO2 had weapons that could only be purchased through loot crates and that was alright? SWB2's weapons are able to be collected through progression. Free maps compared to Co WW2's nine maps is being overlooked because people want to complain instead of enjoy.

2. Post
    I will get this but not till GOTY or steam sale.just interested in campaign.Learned long ago to never pre order a game and to wait 6 months for dlcs to come out.Also this gives them time to iron out all the bugs that retail Beta picks up.
    (This also applies to COD ww2,wolfenstein2 etc. :P )

3. Post
    Got gifted the game and it is actually really good. A few people whining about pay-to-win in game, but they're mostly just bad. My assault has one card which boosts your battlepoints but I still am able to top frag etc.

I do think that star cards can make star fighter assault imbalanced, but none of my starfighters have cards and i dont feel at any disadvantage for the most part. But it's pretty much like War Thunder which I played a ton of so I don't find the controls weird at all, which is a complaint people had.

All in all I don't think pay to win is as big of an issue as people make it out to be, I feel the backlash was a bit overboard because EA was involved.

A lot of reddit comments were stating that it's gambling and preying on younger players addictive tendencies, but I don't see them saying shit about csgo/dota/LoL/overwatch etc etc. Apparently lootboxes are only bad if it's EA ;D

4. Post
    Deathbat wrote:
    A few people whining about pay-to-win in game, but they're mostly just bad.
    I think you're on point there.

5. Post
    Deathbat wrote:
    Got gifted the game and it is actually really good. A few people whining about pay-to-win in game, but they're mostly just bad. My assault has one card which boosts your battlepoints but I still am able to top frag etc.

I do think that star cards can make star fighter assault imbalanced, but none of my starfighters have cards and i dont feel at any disadvantage for the most part. But it's pretty much like War Thunder which I played a ton of so I don't find the controls weird at all, which is a complaint people had.

All in all I don't think pay to win is as big of an issue as people make it out to be, I feel the backlash was a bit overboard because EA was involved.

A lot of reddit comments were stating that it's gambling and preying on younger players addictive tendencies, but I don't see them saying shit about csgo/dota/LoL/overwatch etc etc. Apparently lootboxes are only bad if it's EA ;D
    Most games I top the leaderboard, but it is very clear when I come up against a player with better star cards.

It's not an overreaction at all, it was p2w no doubt about it

Sent from my MX4 Pro using Tapatalk

6. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Most games I top the leaderboard, but it is very clear when I come up against a player with better star cards.

It's not an overreaction at all, it was p2w no doubt about it

This is the Star Wars Battlefront 2 equivalent of yelling lag or hacker.

7. Post
    Britneys Spear wrote:
    This is the Star Wars Battlefront 2 equivalent of yelling lag or hacker.
    How exactly?

8. Post
    Deathbat wrote:

That's some strong mental gymnastics you got going on there.

9. Post
    Deathbat wrote:
    I'm a bit ignorant with whats actually happening with the BF2 fiasco, but what I would add is that, you wont exactly find any potential imbalance straight away - give it a couple of months until certain builds become meta, nerfed rinse repeat.
    As I would imagine the loot would be randomized, it may take some time to see how 'pay2win' this game actually is.

If anything I would be more concerned of habits similar to World of Tanks (apples and oranges, i know...). New premium tank becomes available. Tank is OP as hell. Rush to buy new tank followed by a nerf a couple of weeks or months down the line.

10. Post
    If anyone wants an insanely good deal on Xbox there's this.
    https://trademe.co.nz/1469689229