1. Post

World Cup 2017

So despite my efforts to lower NZ's average rating single handed we just squeaked into the world cup with a number 30 position.

Voting is on to select NZ's committee, which then picks the team, the committee will be made up from 3 peps from the below list
    Name:  NZ Region.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  80.6 KB

Voting will finish at midnight, Thursday 4 May for us.

Anyone know any of the players in the list? any GP'ers to vote for? and if anyone has links to any streams from these people that would be awesome, because my google-fu skills failed me and i could find nothing

2. Post
    This seems like a strange system.

3. Post
    Yeah its a bit of a weird system. I'm guessing they want to avoid last years shambles of all the teams either being pro's or streamers, could be aiming for more high ranked amateurs this time. (I would definitely watch those matches)

4. Post
    Picking a batch of popular players to represent a country would be an unmitigated disaster. Can you imagine all the egos in one room being told to work together?

5. Post
    A Corpse wrote:
    Picking a batch of popular players to represent a country would be an unmitigated disaster. Can you imagine all the egos in one room being told to work together?
    Think that is what happened last year? Don't know if it was a disaster or not. Do know that a lot of the streamers were just picked because of popularity rather than skill though.

6. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Think that is what happened last year? Don't know if it was a disaster or not. Do know that a lot of the streamers were just picked because of popularity rather than skill though.
    I watched the Aus team last year lead by Muselk, and damn was it just straight up embarrassing. I mean i know there were teams like Sweden that were so stacked it was ridiculous, but it was so cringeworthy it was almost uncomfortable to watch

7. Post
    A Corpse wrote:
    League of Legends does this and it's great. Big egos working together on a team is something every professional team of any sport/esport has to deal with.

8. Post
    Cup groups Here for anyone keen

We're in with Brazil, Chinese Taipei and the U.S - might need some water wings because I can see us struggling in this pool

9. Post
    Bring to NZ plex

10. Post
    Chasefield wrote:
    Bring to NZ plex
    Why are you going around posting completely worthless responses to threads? It seems like you're trying to get BST access by spamming the forum.

11. Post
    rip nz team

got completely destroyed

- - - Updated - - -

rip nz team

got completely destroyed

12. Post
    since when has nz being any good at FPS

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    since when has nz being any good at FPS
    Evenflow won a bronze at wcg for ut99

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

14. Post
    Abo wrote:
    rip nz team

got completely destroyed

- - - Updated - - -

rip nz team

got completely destroyed
    After watching the games our team didn't get destroyed because we didn't have one, we had a bunch of (skilled) solo queuers

15. Post
    Anyone found a vod of todays Brazil vs NZ? My Google Fu is failing me

16. Post
    They were terribad, it was hard to watch.

17. Post
    I want every single player in the NZ overwatch team to retire. Especially legabril, he is the most garbage tank/player ive ever seen in Overwatch. How did this troll get in the team? Holy shit I dont even tank and I can do better than anything he has done so far.