1. Post
    Im loving the noise cancellation for work and on the bus.
    The bus has to be one of the worst environments with the noisy engine, everything flexing and shaking. Sony cancels out most of this.

I quite like using the ambient modes too at work, so you can adjust the headphones to pick up voices but cancel out other frequencies. The touch gestures are a nice feature too.

I do notice the infamous creaking sound people were going on about in reviews too.
    Its not a major issue for me though.

What I did wish Sony would of done better is have a UC capable device and a noise cancelling mic..
    would be an all round winner for work and listening to music

for Music, they dont compare to my HD800's, but they do get the job done!

2. Post
    Totally reccomend the QC25s and the in ear versions aswell i have both and they are great on long flights.

3. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Koss PortaPro. Love those cans!
    Lifetime warranty as well. Literally the only portables you will ever need to buy.
    Agreed, Koss Porta Pros for the price are hard to beat alternatively the DT770s are a good choice for a bit more coin

4. Post
    Just nabbed a new pair of MDR1000X's off Ebay for just under $400. Cheers for posting your thoughts on them

5. Post
    QC35 v MDR1000X

Is there any retailer that will let you try these out for a week, and let you return the pair you don't want? I have no problem paying up front for both. I have annoyingly big ears - 9cm height 6 cm width. BFG, Dumbo, Quark pick one every other ****er has.
    I'm in desperate need for headphones for long haul flights.

6. Post
    Bose do a free return period on the QC35 you can use.

7. Post
    Man whats with the edit not working?

And for anyone that's tried both, why did you go with the one you picked?

- - - Updated - - -

Puk wrote:
    Bose do a free return period on the QC35 you can use.
    Sexy. Thank you.

8. Post
    Thought I'd chime in, bought the 1000X from Noels a couple weeks ago for $485, loving the performance of them. Being an Android user, APT-X was a must for me, which the Bose didn't support.

On the other hand, supposedly Bose are coming out with a new model (mentioned in some leak)

9. Post
    Still not bought anything but this is a yolo temptation.
    https://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/4...7#post11064467

Sony MDR-1000X - $346 NZD delivered @ Amazon USA

10. Post
    With the WH1000X not far from release will the MDR's get a price drop? Nearly copped them on the weekend but resisted.

11. Post
    Sony store in Chch had them for $399 yesterday.

12. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Sony store in Chch had them for $399 yesterday.
    really? was in there yesterday trying the 1000x out, pretty sure they were priced at $499 came across from JB after trying the QC35s

13. Post
    What time was that? I was there at 3pm just before watching American Made(quiet enjoyable jaunt with Tom Cruise) They had the grey for $399, black for $499. I asked why I couldn't get the black for $399, the abrupt salesman said no way its black piss off. And something about Auckland not allowing it. FU then.

14. Post
    Popped in around midday went to all the tech retailers to try them , no one had any on display. The kid at Noel Leemings told me the 550s had the same drivers as the 1000xs so try those exactly the same except no noise cancelling.... yeah righto bud, I'll catch you later.

15. Post
    As for me I like rotating ear cushions provide an ideal fit, very comfortable for transport etc. For example that I found - Dr. Dre Power Beats2 Wireless Headphones SR. And price is not so big.
    Last edited by Jezyse; 25th November 2017 at 3:01 am.

16. Post
    Jezyse wrote:
    As for me I like rotating ear cushions provide an ideal fit, very comfortable for transport etc. For example that I found - Dr. Dre Power Beats2 Wireless Headphones SR. And price is not so big.
    Anyone who recommends "Beats" headphones should be beaten...

17. Post
    It's a bot, they know nothing about headphones :P

18. Post
    brand wrote:
    Anyone who recommends "Beats" headphones should be beaten...
    This!

On a semi-related note though, I picked up some Skullcandy Method Wireless sports earphones for $70 the other week and they are excellent for the gym and running!

19. Post
    If you can get past the foldable side of things then the DT770 is best in its class really. Try Computerlounge or other sound stores.

The sennheiser HD25 is a great low profile option too. Not foldable, but close in it's compact-ness.

20. Post
    Get the higher end HD-25 if you go that way though.

21. Post
    If you haven't already purchased some, there's an epic deal on Amazon for the Sony MDR1000X's at the moment - https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cancelli...70_&dpSrc=srch
    $350NZD shipped and the historical low in NZ has only come down to $450.

22. Post
    can highly recommend the seinhesssier pxc550
    it's being awesome for the office and gym blocks out heaps of sound awesome crisp bass love it very comfy for hours of use

but get them on sale I got mine at half price otherwise they are pricey at 720

23. Post
    spanks wrote:
    If you haven't already purchased some, there's an epic deal on Amazon for the Sony MDR1000X's at the moment - https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cancelli...70_&dpSrc=srch
    $350NZD shipped and the historical low in NZ has only come down to $450.
    $403 https://www.cheapies.nz/node/13450

24. Post
    brand wrote:
    Take if from someone who recently flew a combined 25 hours -the Bose noise cancelling is worth every dime...
    Yes. You'll never suffer a jet or bus engine nor a baby crying ever again

25. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    can highly recommend the seinhesssier pxc550
    it's being awesome for the office and gym blocks out heaps of sound awesome crisp bass love it very comfy for hours of use

but get them on sale I got mine at half price otherwise they are pricey at 720
    Still rate them? Currently looking for some, and these look to be one of the better sounding cans for the money (on special currently).

Nevermind, YOLO'd.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 18th January 2018 at 7:45 pm.