Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Tekken 7

I really like how they've gone for the 8 bit look and feel for the latest instalment of this summarily awesome fighting game franchise, as below:

2. Post
    I heard that people get mad about Namco fighters because they supposedly drastically change character move-sets between sequels. Any truth to this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

3. Post
    Nah bullshit, i've been able to do Yoshimitsu's 10 hit combo from Tekken 2 through to 6. Certain things are tweaked but nothing drastic.

4. Post
    Depends on character.. Jin kazama changed significantly from TTT to the next game

5. Post
    From T3/TTT onward I've felt that the movement and speed became a lot more.. street fighterish? A lot more abrupt and fast paced.
    I was quite put off and pretty much dropped the series.
    I haven't played any in quite a long time. How do the recent ones compare?

6. Post
    To my mind it's become more of a juggle fest than it once was.

7. Post
    The release of Tekken 4 marked the biggest change in direction for the series imo. From there on it seemed to go in the direction of wall combos and juggle combos. Possibly one reason why i lost interest in the series coming from being addicted to Tekken 3 I just didn't want to adjust to the change in gameplay. I also never got interested in the Tag games either.
    That was then but now I'm over it and have just accepted what the series has become.

8. Post
    The speed definitely ramped up between Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken 5, so much so that TTT is a chore to play by comparison.

Endless juggles are a PITA :/ Interested to see how these Street Fighteresque EX/V trigger type meters work in Tekken 7. There's even Crucial Art type finishers.

9. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Nah bullshit, i've been able to do Yoshimitsu's 10 hit combo from Tekken 2 through to 6. Certain things are tweaked but nothing drastic.
    Square triangle square spam circle for 3 kicks spam square until done

10. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    Square triangle square spam circle for 3 kicks spam square until done
    That's it. I love how moves/combos carry over into different games, like this combo or Akuma's Raging Demon.

Yoshitmitsu looks like a gaddamn xenomorph in this

11. Post
    Yoshi and Jin combos back in the day at Timeout....I'm nigh on pumped for a new Tekken, nostalgia+new look = keen.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

12. Post
    I just want a game where there are no edgy looking guys with wings and shoot laser beams. I'm all for chicks fighting in bridal gowns with leg holstered pistols tho.

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I heard that people get mad about Namco fighters because they supposedly drastically change character move-sets between sequels. Any truth to this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Not really. They did change Jin's (Not Devil Jin) moveset almost entirely from Tekken 3/Tag to Tekken 4. However they often change properties of your go to moves between games ie reduce it's effectiveness like some moves where you used to be able to recover if blocked to now being punished if blocked or change some moves from a mid hitting move (EWFG) to high hitting move which is now can be ducked.

I hope they don't mess around with my favourite characters too much from T6.

14. Post
    TodashXIX wrote:
    I just want a game where there are no edgy looking guys with wings and shoot laser beams. I'm all for chicks fighting in bridal gowns with leg holstered pistols tho.
    You can't not have Devil Jin, he's part of the lore. And 100% borrowed from the Evil Ryu concept.

15. Post
    TodashXIX wrote:
    try virtual fighter 4 on ps2. Still the best 3d fighting game ever made. Shame the series seems to have died and they whored out their characters to the inferior knock off - doa.

16. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    You can't not have Devil Jin, he's part of the lore. And 100% borrowed from the Evil Ryu concept.
    The tekken devil concept pre-dates evil ryu.

17. Post
    JRS wrote:
    The tekken devil concept pre-dates evil ryu.
    Evil Ryu first appeared in 1996 in a manga comic, Devil Jin in Tekken 3 in 1997 (as part of Jin Kazama's ending).

18. Post
    So who are you guys going to main? personally I've always liked Paul, King and Nina the best. Not even sure where those characters rank in the "tier list" though. Are grapple combos even viable in T7?

19. Post
    I never got how to chain Kings grapples like the CPU did against me repeatedly. I would spam his low kick combo, drop kick and moonsault. Paul and Heihachi are among my favourites, I never really got into Jin and Kazuya. Yoshimitsu and Bryan are fun to play as is Law and Jack. Button mashing Eddy Gordo and Hwoarang can GTFO.

Looking to get good with Miguel and who knows what these new characters will be like.
    Last edited by Tormenta; 23rd May 2017 at 8:47 am.

20. Post
    Gp tournament?

Also what platform you guys getting it on, and is there cross platform? I'm leaning pc

21. Post
    No cross-play, lame. SFV has them beat in that department.

Getting it on PS4 and will waste yous

22. Post
    Gutted no cross play, was keen to get it on PC.

23. Post
    Bah. So either pc or xbone for me. Wondering which will have more playera

24. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    I never got how to chain Kings grapples like the CPU did against me repeatedly.
    I still remember how to do all four of these

25. Post
    me: