Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I didn't even know about Ron Gilbert's new game, for shame.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3. Post
    This reminded me to add Full Throttle and Day of the tentacle to my backlog.

I daresay Stasis and Cayne deserve the #1 over Grim, for poor remasters effort.

But perhaps Beautiful Desolation will wiggle it's big, fat booty and clear the space at the top

4. Post
    They are in ascending order of release date (oldest to newest). Not in any preferential order.

5. Post
    Great article! I love adventure games so just went and bought all the ones I haven't played

6. Post
    Anyone played the Journey down? looks interesting, haven't got around to playing it, but picked it up in a humble bundle at some point

7. Post
    Not me, but looks interesting, except for the 7 year gap between chapters. Not cool for an episodic game.

8. Post
    Monkey Island!!

9. Post
    I think its cheating a bit to include the remasters in a list of "modern" adventure games -you could have highlighted other games instead...

10. Post
    brand wrote:
    I think its cheating a bit to include the remasters in a list of "modern" adventure games -you could have highlighted other games instead...
    Matt did say to include anything you feel I missed.
    Personally I feel the inclusion is valid, as all 3 of the games did not work on modern machines without some serious modding or the use of an engine emulator. For all intents and purposes they are new releases. They are also a bit more than remasters, DoTT and FT at least are more akin to remakes imo.
    I specifically selected 2015 onwards to capture only the games that saw release after Broken Age's release. There are more game released in 2014 I could have added, but the release window restriction made my list 10 games long, and that felt like a good number.

11. Post
    Firewatch,life is strange, gone home are awesome too

Sent from my K3 Note using Tapatalk

12. Post
    True, but this is specifically a point and click adventure list

13. Post
    Walking simulators are a class of their own.
    Absolutely incredible titles released since Dear Esther, most of them indies, some obscure gems out there, and a few AAs like Firewatch.

I've completed the most out of any games played in the last 4 years from this genre alone.

14. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Matt did say to include anything you feel I missed.
    Personally I feel the inclusion is valid, as all 3 of the games did not work on modern machines without some serious modding or the use of an engine emulator. For all intents and purposes they are new releases. They are also a bit more than remasters, DoTT and FT at least are more akin to remakes imo.
    They are the same games just with modern graphics -the story and gameplay are decades old.

It doesn't say much about recent releases when "old" games make up 3/10 of your list...

15. Post
    brand wrote:
    They are the same games just with modern graphics -the story and gameplay are decades old.

It doesn't say much about recent releases when "old" games make up 3/10 of your list...
    You mean that part when 10/10 were released in the past 2 years? Seems valid to me.
    My list, I consider them recent releases by virtue of their release date. That's also ignoring that for a lot of people the new editions are the first time they've been able to buy them and play them on their current hardware. And the the FIRST time on console, as well as mobile.
    Are you going to actually contribute, or be pedantic for no actual reason?

16. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Are you going to actually contribute, or be pedantic for no actual reason?
    I thought I was making a valid point -the exact same story and gameplay from over 20 years ago is good enough to make top 10 list today. There haven't been enough high quality original modern releases to fill out a top 10 list.

Also if we are going by release dates then Planescape Torment must be in the running for RPG of the year?

17. Post
    This was an amazing article man....has enhanced my backlog also with games I'd forgotten about or never heard of.

Technobabylon looks AMAZING.

18. Post
    IST wrote:
    This was an amazing article man....has enhanced my backlog also with games I'd forgotten about or never heard of.

Technobabylon looks AMAZING.
    Cheers man! Appreciated.

@brand, yeah PST EE will be on my best of the year list. As will Full Throttle. Vanquish and Bayonetta are also on that list.
    As I said this is my list of the best PnC Adventures released in the last 2 years, not yours. Seeing as you still have no intention of adding anything you feel I've missed, we're done.

19. Post
    Speaking about adventurous games, there is a new iOS game Look Right.

You need to save a cute tour guide, who was kidnapped by international streaming channel.

It looks so real! She is sending you real photos and videos from where she is. At some point, I felt like I literally want to go out and help her with her troubles.

Anyway, I played the game twice, but I wasn't even close to saving her, both times she died. It seems I am not really good with advice

Has anyone played this game already? Did you manage to save her?

20. Post
    My shill sense is tingling

21. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    My shill sense is tingling
    Me too - bot detected I reckon!

22. Post
    Wow, there are no flies on you two!

23. Post
    Ther was an iPhone game called Device6. I thought it was incredible. Anyone else play it? I also really liked Life is Strange & Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. They may be the casual sub genre referenced in the article.

24. Post
    Thimbleweed park was excellent. Can't wait for the sequel.

25. Post
    korgz wrote:
    Thimbleweed park was excellent. Can't wait for the sequel.
    Yeah it's genuinely the one I enjoyed most on the list (along with some of the remakes). Technobabylon is pretty great as well (but a bit darker/different). Paradigm I've yet to give a good go - Firewatch is worth it but really a story/walking simulator. I'm struggling to get into tales, but maybe if I persist a bit.