All Blacks 2017

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 40 123411 ... Last

1. Post

All Blacks 2017

Soo with the team to be announced shortly.

Any surprises?
    Is Dan Coles done?
    Was SBW ever at risk of losing his place?
    Unluckiest player?

The full squad:
    Forwards:
    Hookers
    Dane Coles (Wellington, 49)
    Codie Taylor (Canterbury, 15)
    Nathan Harris (Bay of Plenty, 4)
    Props
    Wyatt Crockett (Canterbury, 5
    Charlie Faumuina (Auckland, 46)
    Owen Franks (Canterbury, 90)
    Joe Moody (Canterbury, 24)
    Ofa Tu'ungafasi (Auckland, 4)
    Locks
    Scott Barrett (Taranaki, 4)
    Brodie Retallick (Hawke's Bay, 60)
    Luke Romano (Canterbury, 26)
    Samuel Whitelock (Canterbury, 84)
    Loose Forwards
    Sam Cane (Bay of Plenty, 40)
    Jerome Kaino (Auckland, 74)
    Kieran Read, captain (Counties Manukau, 97)
    Ardie Savea (Wellington, 12)
    Liam Squire (Tasman,
    Backs:
    Halfbacks
    Tawera Kerr-Barlow (Waikato, 25)
    TJ Perenara (Wellington, 29)
    Aaron Smith (Manawatu, 5
    First five-eighths
    Beauden Barrett (Taranaki, 49)
    Aaron Cruden (Manawatu, 47)
    Lima Sopoaga (Southland, 6)
    Midfielders
    Ryan Crotty (Canterbury, 26)
    Ngani Laumape (Manawatu, uncapped)
    Anton Lienert-Brown (Waikato, 9)
    Sonny Bill Williams (Counties Manukau, 33)
    Outside backs
    Jordie Barrett (Taranaki, uncapped)
    Israel Dagg (Hawke's Bay, 61)
    Rieko Ioane (Auckland, 2)
    Waisake Naholo (Taranaki, 12)
    Julian Savea (Wellington, 52)
    Ben Smith (Otago, 60)
    Last edited by Skuttle; 8th June 2017 at 1:26 pm.

2. Post
    Probably no big surprises, huge loss if Coles is out though. SBW was always in, Jordie and DMac may be the unlucky ones to miss out. Even though he's leaving would be good to see Luatua in there.

It's a bit strange since he'll be naming a load of injured players hoping they'll be right for the first test.

3. Post
    Biggest surprise has to be Laumape without a doubt.
    He is still very inexperienced and Fekitoa has been very good this year.

I would have had Todd over Cane.

Apart from that is what I would have suspected.

4. Post
    Might give Fekitoa the kick up the ass he needs to show selectors he can be great. He does good stuff then goes missing.

5. Post
    I feel like he got that kick up the ass already.

He was average the first 5 games of the year but since the Rebels game has been excellent.
    Scored two tries and a solid all around game then in the following game against the Blues was arguably man of the match.
    His work rate has been high and he has played much better in all aspects of the game. The last two weeks he has even made two great kicks that lead straight to tries.

6. Post
    I'm glad he didn't make it, laumape is way better all-around. Fekitoa hasn't shown up for the abs,

Sent from my K3 Note using Tapatalk

7. Post
    Laumape is a great player for sure I just don't think he is ready for the ABs, especially for such big games.
    Would rather seem them wait til the end of the year games to give him a go.

8. Post
    Col.Burger wrote:
    Biggest surprise has to be Laumape without a doubt.
    He is still very inexperienced and Fekitoa has been very good this year.

I would have had Todd over Cane.

Apart from that is what I would have suspected.
    Laumape's selection wasn't a surprise to me, as reasons given earlier in the other rugby thread.

No way should Fekitoa miss out to MoneyBWs in that squad... from what I watched he played well against the Lions, but the way some of the Sky commentators were wanking on you'd would've thought he was the best rugby player in the world, what BS that was... Rieko Ioane was easily the best player on the field, had a good work rate & looked lethal every time they got the ball wide to him.
    Last edited by signman; 8th June 2017 at 3:28 pm.

9. Post
    looks like Hansen going for tested and proven over younger and more potential. No Ioane brothers, no Moala , no Fekitoa

10. Post
    No Fekitoa Laumape

Keen to see McKenzie and Skuds in the Maori team.

Bloody wrote:
    looks like Hansen going for tested and proven over younger and more potential. No Ioane brothers, no Moala , no Fekitoa
    Uhh Rieko got picked? Laumape? Jordie Barrett?

Moala isn't special tbh. Akira is hot and cold, Fekitoa the same. Laumape is pretty much as close to Nonu as we'll get.

Col.Burger wrote:
    Laumape is a great player for sure I just don't think he is ready for the ABs, especially for such big games.
    Would rather seem them wait til the end of the year games to give him a go.
    lol, same was said about Anton last year. Played brilliantly with even less form than Laumape currently has. He has a very fuss free and direct approach, makes very few errors. I can't see how he wouldn't be ready. He's just as ready as any of the other new guys in the team.

11. Post
    Dagg is a surprise after zero rugby. Agree Akira is hot and cold - another surprise tbh.

Glad Fekitoa is gone, its time someone else had a turn at that midfield spot. Hes been decidedly average for a long time imo.

Laumape has potential, been outstanding for the canes.

12. Post
    Fekitoa can't even make backup role "Classy Crusaders centre Jack Goodhue has been included in the All Blacks as injury cover over Malakai Fekitoa."

Equity wrote:
    Dagg is a surprise after zero rugby. Agree Akira is hot and cold - another surprise tbh.

Glad Fekitoa is gone, its time someone else had a turn at that midfield spot. Hes been decidedly average for a long time imo.

Laumape has potential, been outstanding for the canes.
    Dagg is a bit like Cory Jane, put an AB shirt on him and he goes up a few levels, wouldn't worry. Dagg has been back for a few weeks now, few to go before first test. Got some good young talent there. Rieko is too good to leave out. McKenzie can't be far off, later this year for sure.

Sam Cane usually gets injured so Todd will come in at some stage surely.
    Last edited by <N>; 8th June 2017 at 5:54 pm.

13. Post
    Suprised Nehe isn't in there maybe this last game swung it for Reiko.

14. Post
    grieving wrote:
    Suprised Nehe isn't in there maybe this last game swung it for Reiko.
    I'd say game time was the key for him.
    I can only fault them on picking tkb.

It's strange because they never picked piutau when he announced he was leaving. But they've picked 3 leaving players

15. Post
    All 3 of the leavers are too good to leave out imo. TKB has out classed Pulu.

16. Post
    grieving wrote:
    All 3 of the leavers are too good to leave out imo. TKB has out classed Pulu.
    I'd have pulu any day. Better running and defense

17. Post
    Isn't Milner-Skudder playing for Maori All Blacks?

Not surprised that he didn't make the squad, he's been injured and absent a lot :/, though I miss his side steps.

18. Post
    ludez wrote:

Well you can have him because the ABs definitely don't want his short temperament.

19. Post
    dissapointed for DMac.

20. Post
    ludez wrote:

TKB was very good last week.

21. Post
    So can someone post the probable AB starting 15 as I am unclear on a few positions e.g 6 and 13

22. Post
    6 will be kaino, 13 alb

23. Post
    A lot of hate on Fekitoa which is really not founded.
    Yes he had a poor season last year and wasn't very good the first few games this year but you people need to watch more HIghlanders games.
    He has been playing so well all through the HIghlanders 8 game win streak and even in their loss the the Crusaders.

Goodhue in as injury cover over him is ridiculous.

I don't feel like the Lions will be that big of a challenge but you still have to pick the more experienced players for this kind of series and save the debuts to the end of year.

24. Post
    Maori team is stroooong, could be a blowout.

25. Post
    Col.Burger wrote:
    A lot of hate on Fekitoa which is really not founded.
    Yes he had a poor season last year and wasn't very good the first few games this year but you people need to watch more HIghlanders games.
    He has been playing so well all through the HIghlanders 8 game win streak and even in their loss the the Crusaders.

Goodhue in as injury cover over him is ridiculous.

I don't feel like the Lions will be that big of a challenge but you still have to pick the more experienced players for this kind of series and save the debuts to the end of year.
    Totally agree what you're saying about Fekitoa... but not about saving inexperienced players for end of year tours etc, as said before Super rugby is an excellent gage to see if a player has the right skills for their position & just as importantly the right mental toughness to make it at international level... also only the odd newbie is picked in a squad, all the new players that have come into the squad have performed well either starting or off the bench, vital to keep drip feeding new players into the squad, don't want to end up with a Dads Army team have to get that balance right between older & younger players.