Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41

  1. Post
    #26
    EvoBlue_NZ wrote:
    I haven't played Days of War, but I did have high hopes for it initially when they announced the map builder tool that you would be able to use to create maps with a bunch of friends. However, the map builder tool has been delayed umpteen times and I seems that the community for Days of War has vanished due to a lack of visible progress and some other bizzare decisions made by the development team.
    I'm part of a 50 man group that brought access to Days of War, one of many leaving Heroes and Generals because it became pay to win, and punished anyone who mained Germany ( They started banning us when we went RUS for "potential hacks, "grinding in war matches" ).
    We had hoped Days Of War would be the go to, and the map builder tool looked great with the collapsible buildings. But where is that stuff we paid for,...,.. We've encountered several people speed hacking, wall hacking etc, and its not even popular,...

    If this ends up good we'll probably all end up here, too early to say.

  2. Post
    #27
    KaskadeNZ wrote:
    I'm part of a 50 man group that brought access to Days of War, one of many leaving Heroes and Generals because it became pay to win, and punished anyone who mained Germany ( They started banning us when we went RUS for "potential hacks, "grinding in war matches" ).
    We had hoped Days Of War would be the go to, and the map builder tool looked great with the collapsible buildings. But where is that stuff we paid for,...,.. We've encountered several people speed hacking, wall hacking etc, and its not even popular,...

    If this ends up good we'll probably all end up here, too early to say.
    Are you guys an official clan or community? I played H&G for about 10 hours but then the F2P grind got the better of me, I've done my dash with F2P games turning into P2W games... WoT, War Thunder etc. I enjoyed RO2 but the player count is too low, most of the servers are filled with bots which is a shame.

    I'm looking forward to HLL, Post Scriptum also looks interesting because it emphasises the combined arms aspects a lot more but it might be too similar to Squad for me, as that's where it's roots lay.

  3. Post
    #28
    ^You should try Rising storm 2 Vietnam, good fun..and you should be able to find a game on a server.

  4. Post
    #29
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    ^You should try Rising storm 2 Vietnam, good fun..and you should be able to find a game on a server.
    I tried it out in one of the beta weekends, couldn't really find myself getting into it as Vietnam doesn't appeal to me as much. =/ Thanks for the suggestion though.

  5. Post
    #30
    @Kaabaz here are the questions from the reddit thread:

    * Can we get a details explanation of the medic role, and how that will work?
    * What countermeasures have been/will be implemented to combat dolphin diving and bunny hopping?
    * What is the likelihood of creating a global IP list of griefers/cheaters that is common across all servers?
    * Will we be able to create an in-game friend list?
    * Will we be able to add players to our friend list in the middle of a match?
    * Have you thought about adding a pocket watch/global clock on the top of the map for the purpose of coordinating attacks?
    * What is your biggest fear in relation to developing the game?
    * Currently the aim for the system requirements are to match BF1, when will you be able to give a more definitive answer on this?
    * Are HUD display and on-screen markers such as: flag points, teammate names, waypoint markers subject to change?
    * Have you considered the possibility of varying game settings among different servers, for example: no HUD, permanent dead corpses, respawn time adjustment etc...
    * How do you react to people describing your game as a crossbreed between Company of Heroes and SQUAD?
    * Will HLL feature a kit system similar to Project Reality? (Where if a player dies their kit drops, accessible to enemies and allies)
    * What are the current abilities for the Commander class?
    * Are vehicles currently functioning in online gameplay? Or are you running into similiar issues like SQUAD had in getting vehicles to work?
    * When will an official forum be made available to the public?
    * On the kickstarter it has 'Armoured Recovery Vehicles' as a stretch goal. What will they be and how will they work?
    * What kind of stats system the game will have, if any? Scoreboards?
    * Have you considered setting up in game audio such that the moment a teammate dies, you don't hear them anymore for the rest of the game?
    * Once you die, will you be out of the game for good (ex. PUBG) or would you respawn after some time near the edge of the map?

    Thanks again!

  6. Post
    #31
    Last minute questions:

    What is the plan on amphibious combat?
    Will there be small boats that can be used to cross rivers, like in BoB when they go to get some German POWs from Hagenau?
    How will amphibious landings work? Will every boat come from the ships and drive in, or will they just spawn on the beach? If they come from the ship, are they steerable, and can their machineguns be used?

  7. Post
    #32
    FYI, Day Of Infamy free weekend on steam.

  8. Post
    #33
    KaskadeNZ wrote:
    FYI, Day Of Infamy free weekend on steam.
    Yeah I’ve got it installed for the free weekend. I have been having fun thus far, I might pick it up to tide me over until Hell Let Loose is released.

  9. Post
    #34
    Another gameplay video has been released, still a week to go on the kickstarter:


  10. Post
    #35
    This game is up on steam, does anyone play it?

    Keen to know if it's fun or not and how hard is it to find a full local server.

    It sounds cool in theory, reminds of WW2 Online a bit - however that game had big servers and this one claims to do 50v50 which to be honest sounds a bit small, maybe 150v150 and then we're talking


  11. Post
    #36
    SirGrim wrote:
    This game is up on steam, does anyone play it?

    Keen to know if it's fun or not and how hard is it to find a full local server.

    It sounds cool in theory, reminds of WW2 Online a bit - however that game had big servers and this one claims to do 50v50 which to be honest sounds a bit small, maybe 150v150 and then we're talking

    It's just gone into Early Access so the playerbase is picking up, see the SteamCharts . There is at least 1 full AU server everynight, sometimes 2. The main thing is to have mic and communicate with your squad. For <$40 I'd say it's worth it. The roadmap for early access is here.

  12. Post
    #37
    Its a good game, just needs more maps and vehicles which will come in updates.

  13. Post
    #38
    I'm really enjoying it - but i've been sold since the Alpha. Its fun, but as with most of these style of games... if you join a unit with no one talking and a shit squad leader it can suck.

  14. Post
    #39
    I've been playing it. It's fun when you've got a squad full of people on mics and following orders, but if you're in a mic-less unorganized team it's boring. Like already said, there's usually 1-2 Full 100 player games going each night. The game def needs more polishing which can be noticed in the animations, vaulting, sound and UI, but it's better than a lot of alpha/beta? releases.

    For me it's a cross between Rising Storm, Squad and Brothers in Arms.

  15. Post
    #40
    Can anyone tell me how it compares to Post Scriptum. Post Scriptum is less optimised than squad but based on the same engine.

    I enjoyed Post Scriptum a lot, and love Squad. Not sure I need Hell Let's Loose over PS?

  16. Post
    #41
    Eldon wrote:
    Can anyone tell me how it compares to Post Scriptum. Post Scriptum is less optimised than squad but based on the same engine.

    I enjoyed Post Scriptum a lot, and love Squad. Not sure I need Hell Let's Loose over PS?
    I'd also like to hear anyone compare it to PS although I didn't really like PS that much. That sort of gameplay worked way better in the modern setting of Squad. Basically is it more or less hardcore than PS cos i'd prefer something a bit closer to the early BF games.