(1 vote)
Page 10 of 10 First ... 78910

1. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    malvertising is old.
    You're old.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. Post
    Yea malvertising has been around for years. That's what Ublock Origin adblocking software is for.

3. Post

4. Post
    ChineseKiwi wrote:
    Just give in to your cybermasters.

5. Post
    ChineseKiwi wrote:
    Why do you want opinions of this 2016 blog/ news article ?

But anyway after a quick skim thru read, A lot of it is irrelevant babble with the rest being some of the security features which I have already implemented on my boxes long ago.

6. Post
    lol irrelevant babble. it's all relevant. which parts you should follow though depends on your threat model (like all security advice).

7. Post
    My Malwarebytes sub ends tomorrow. Anything better than this for comparable price for generic home use? Want coverage for two PC's.

8. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    My Malwarebytes sub ends tomorrow. Anything better than this for comparable price for generic home use? Want coverage for two PC's.
    Cylance have a home solution now: https://shop.cylance.com/us

I got the 5 node for our gaming PCs (yes I paid for it even!). It's very good, I get the odd false positive on some of the anti-cheat stuff like BattleEye but you can whitelist it easy enough. This is Next Gen AV, so uses cloud intel to detect new threats (doesn't rely on signatures). And in my previous role saw this pick up new malware weeks before signatures were available.

9. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    By the way I ran into some live malware last week from a pron site, javascript was on, and at that time comodo's HIPS was turned off, but my browser was running in the container, there was an extra explorer.exe process running on my pc with CPU usage running sky high going mental, obvious redflag malware signal . I decided to download a random AV which was Nod Eset to see if it would detect and it didn't, must of been relatively new malware, was too tired to investigate further, I ended up resetting the container.
    rofl just saw this gem

10. Post
    I'm reading this thread start to finish and good grief.

EDIT -- good grief
    Last edited by frio; 15th January 2019 at 8:06 pm.

11. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Cylance have a home solution now: https://shop.cylance.com/us

I got the 5 node for our gaming PCs (yes I paid for it even!). It's very good, I get the odd false positive on some of the anti-cheat stuff like BattleEye but you can whitelist it easy enough. This is Next Gen AV, so uses cloud intel to detect new threats (doesn't rely on signatures). And in my previous role saw this pick up new malware weeks before signatures were available.
    the design reminds me of prey ��

12. Post
    The **** are you nerds still talking about

13. Post
    malware and shiz, it's in the thread title

14. Post
    TIL Qubes

15. Post
    Well finally Cylance has a home package now.