Anthem - MMO-ARPG Shooter by BioWare Edmonton

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)

1. Post
    Haha too true

2. Post
    That fake news team coms is just the worst, it literally took the Anthem demo from a solid 8 to a cringey 6.5 for me: ****ing Division sounding wanks

That ^^ com chatter was much better, should have rolled with something like that BioWare.

3. Post
    Oh no,Drew has left again. Pessimism for this game has now hit an all time high.

Revisiting this thread in a post-Destiny 2 world is amusing, just look at IST's gushing. The story in Destiny 2 and the overall lore in Destiny universe is utter garbage. Destiny 2 made no effort to explain WTF fundamental things in the Destiny universe were. It's a horribly under-written game.

4. Post
    F

5. Post

6. Post
    Nothing so far inspires confidence about this game's ability to deliver and when you have senior staff leaving half way through development and then the game gets delayed as well.. would not surprise me if this fares much worse than destiny 2 has

7. Post
    it is ok, we can wait for Division 2 i guess? LOL

8. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    it is ok, we can wait for Division 2 i guess? LOL
    best wait until patch 1.8

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Oh no,Drew has left again. Pessimism for this game has now hit an all time high.

Revisiting this thread in a post-Destiny 2 world is amusing, just look at IST's gushing. The story in Destiny 2 and the overall lore in Destiny universe is utter garbage. Destiny 2 made no effort to explain WTF fundamental things in the Destiny universe were. It's a horribly under-written game.
    holy crap, this just feels like a repeat of what happened with Destiny 1 and Joseph Staten

10. Post

The shining beacon of hope that was Drew K has now been turned off.....the good ship Anthem new seems lost in the dark murky waters of microtransaction hell, fake news choices and tired face memes

The one good thing to come from this departure is where he goes next....some of my favourite game stories of all time were penned by Drew (ME1+2, KotOR, BG2) so he would be a MASSIVE boon to any dev squad. My brain thinks someone like Platinum or Naughty Dog, but imagine him injecting himself into the top dogs at Bethesda Game Studios....TES/Fallout games with amazing stories on top of their world building? Yes please.

11. Post
    IST wrote:

The shining beacon of hope that was Drew K has now been turned off.....the good ship Anthem new seems lost in the dark murky waters of microtransaction hell, fake news choices and tired face memes

The one good thing to come from this departure is where he goes next....some of my favourite game stories of all time were penned by Drew (ME1+2, KotOR, BG2) so he would be a MASSIVE boon to any dev squad. My brain thinks someone like Platinum or Naughty Dog, but imagine him injecting himself into the top dogs at Bethesda Game Studios....TES/Fallout games with amazing stories on top of their world building? Yes please.
    As of Monday, Iím officially working with Fogbank Entertainment and FoxNext Games. I canít say a lot about what weíre up to yet
    http://drewkarpyshyn.com/c/?p=1068#more-1068

Fogbank Official announcement (studio announcement not game)
    https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/08/f...san-francisco/

12. Post

13. Post
    The game is releasing March 2019.
    I'm going have to clean out my backpack to see if I can find any f*cks to give out to EA.

Bioware is committing to having the option to play the game completely solo and not have diminished experience by ignoring MP. They will discuss this more at E3.
    http://blog.bioware.com/2018/05/10/c...re-of-bioware/

Attached Images

Last edited by EvaUnit02; 13th May 2018 at 12:53 pm.

14. Post
    Make or break for BioWare imo. If it fails watch EA drop them.

15. Post
    jords wrote:
    Make or break for BioWare imo. If it fails watch EA drop them.
    Yep, big time.

I'm worried that it'll be average, but hoping for the best bigtime.

16. Post
    Get dropped by EA, Drew and doctors come back, full ME reboot

17. Post
    **** BioWare, they sold out for monies. Frankly as a gamer it would be better for me if they were dumped and trashed. I would feel sorry for them losing their jobs but yeah nah, they only have themselves to blame for it.

18. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    **** BioWare, they sold out for monies. Frankly as a gamer it would be better for me if they were dumped and trashed. I would feel sorry for them losing their jobs but yeah nah, they only have themselves to blame for it.
    Not really true. BioWare was a private company that was sold to EA. You can't blame any of the current or previous staff or management for that. Just the owners.
    **** EA. Because, lets be honest the reason they're in the state they are is because EA put them there (because the Drs sold it to them).

I realised that the final quality of the game is irrelevant to me. I don't like multiplayer/co-op games. So I don't give a shit about this.
    I wish BioWare could have remained an RPG focused company. Releasing single-player content. EA put an end to that. It started with pointless tacked-on MP modes, which got them bank because that MP audience apparently loves to buy micro-transactions. So they're moving to MP only. More micro-transactions for everyone.

So maybe if we're to blame anyone it should be those that dumped all those hours in the MP modes for ME and spent all that money on their valueless digital in-game shit.

19. Post
    It's easier to sell loot boxes in a MP game

20. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Not really true. BioWare was a private company that was sold to EA. You can't blame any of the current or previous staff or management for that. Just the owners.
    **** EA. Because, lets be honest the reason they're in the state they are is because EA put them there (because the Drs sold it to them).

I realised that the final quality of the game is irrelevant to me. I don't like multiplayer/co-op games. So I don't give a shit about this.
    I wish BioWare could have remained an RPG focused company. Releasing single-player content. EA put an end to that. It started with pointless tacked-on MP modes, which got them bank because that MP audience apparently loves to buy micro-transactions. So they're moving to MP only. More micro-transactions for everyone.

So maybe if we're to blame anyone it should be those that dumped all those hours in the MP modes for ME and spent all that money on their valueless digital in-game shit.
    thank god for cdpr

21. Post
    It certainly looks pretty. Out Feb 19th 2019.

22. Post
    I just get Destiny vibes from it - likely not a buy from me just for me that - I'll wait 6 months after release and then judge how the community feels if its a good game or not

23. Post
    Definite consideration for purchase but looking forward to hearing more about (and I'm still just catching up on e3 now so may be covered) end game, open world cross-session type play, teaming up and ease of fire-team type play, how many players in a 'fire-team' (d2 sucks in that raids are 6 then it gimps you back to 4 for pvp and 3 for everything else), raids (falls under end game i guess) and how engaging the game is to replay missions + how that is handled. So yeah I'm going to be comparing a lot against Destiny / The Division coz personally I don't have a lot of experience in other MMO's or similar games.

Also looking forward to abilities and class synergies as well as the weapons + armour.

It's quite an exciting crossroad where they can look at where Destiny dropped the ball and improve on it.. or will they introduce a whole new raft of issues like The Division did (and finally started to undo those issues by 1.4 through to 1.8 ).

24. Post
    Destiny and the division is a perfectly good comparison to make there aren’t too many games like this out there

25. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Definite consideration for purchase but looking forward to hearing more about (and I'm still just catching up on e3 now so may be covered) end game, open world cross-session type play, teaming up and ease of fire-team type play, how many players in a 'fire-team' (d2 sucks in that raids are 6 then it gimps you back to 4 for pvp and 3 for everything else), raids (falls under end game i guess) and how engaging the game is to replay missions + how that is handled. So yeah I'm going to be comparing a lot against Destiny / The Division coz personally I don't have a lot of experience in other MMO's or similar games.

Also looking forward to abilities and class synergies as well as the weapons + armour.

It's quite an exciting crossroad where they can look at where Destiny dropped the ball and improve on it.. or will they introduce a whole new raft of issues like The Division did (and finally started to undo those issues by 1.4 through to 1.8 ).
    would hope they learn from Bungie with how hard they dropped the ball in BOTH versions of Destiny.

Bioware would get massive props from players if they say content updates and massive balance updates are free outside of massive REAL expansion packs. not this trash that Bungie does with expecting the player base to pay for crap that should be getting fixed/added for free.

I'm interested in Anthem, but after the crap Bungie has pulled it's made me less likely to want to try these MMO-lite games in the future.

Bioware has too prove themselves again as well, with the train-wreck that was ME:A, and the not so amazing Dragon Age Inquisition

-edit-
    well they aren't doing the stupid pricing that Destiny 2 did,
    base game on NZ PSN for pre-order is $119.95
    Legion of Dawn edition $127.95
    look's like they have no BS Season pass either. (neither pre-order lists one, just some digital goods)
    pre-order's have Beta access I guess? "VIP Access to Pre-launch Demos"
    Last edited by Drakarth; 10th June 2018 at 2:46 pm.