Anthem - MMO-ARPG Shooter by BioWare Edmonton

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    One thing I noticed is that while the environment looks lush and pretty, everything has been very narrow, almost lane looking. I want to see more open area like Destiny and Warframe (not that Plains of Eidolon or whatever it's called ever worker for me.. What a rip off)

2. Post
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/gam...evealed.47921/

https://www.gameinformer.com/video-i...s-about-anthem
    123 rapid fire questions

this is not a Destiny (LOLOLOLOLOLOL)
    can play Single Player
    Cosmetic only Micro-transctions
    no loot boxes
    30fps on Consoles / not locked on PC
    4K maybe in the future
    Anthem is intended to be a Live Service so might be the only game release
    Player Character is Voiced
    Must play as a Human
    must be Online to play (duh)
    No AI team mates
    No Romances (no sex-o-suits lol)
    4 classes / javelins at launch
    can swap Javelins but not during a mission
    No reason to start a new Character
    might be able to get into another players Javelin at a later date
    suits do not combine into a Voltron robot
    cannot trade items
    Anthem has a main Villian
    might be able to re-customize you character outside of character creator at a later date
    you will have an Apartment
    cannot drive the Strider (the big walker things)
    Dragon Age 4 is going swell
    bug Casey Hudson about a ME Trilogy remaster
    No required Solo play missions
    tutorial is about 20mins long
    Dangerous places that you should not go to right away
    No Snow or Desert areas
    no underwater fights
    Hub area is a "Story Hub" does not have other players in the area
    NO PVP
    4 player squads
    Cross Platform play is to be determined
    could play the game forever "living game"
    Dialogue trees (not as big as other games "simpler")
    No loot stealing
    will do something about Griefing
    no answer for Public Beta
    Last edited by Drakarth; 10th June 2018 at 5:26 pm.

3. Post
    "suits do not combine into a Voltron robot"

Preorder cancelled

4. Post
    It's nuts how much my faith in BioWare, my once top dev, has dropped.

I have little to no faith that this will be great....and this is (kind of) coming from the dev team that brought me Mass Effect's amazing adventure: my #1 gaming experience of all time.

Crazytown as....that whole Andromeda shitbucket malarky really sunk my BioBoat.

Spoiler:

Postvideo watching:

Is there PVP? Flat no.

....actually gutted about that tbh.

Favourite part of the video: Hearing development for DA4 is going swell
    Last edited by IST; 10th June 2018 at 5:37 pm.

5. Post
    btw drak great list thanks for posting

weird one for me. I wasn't blown away by the trailer or demo, and that list is actually fairly underwhelming. 'This isn't a Destiny' - let's be honest they were never going to say yes it is 'a Destiny' (which is a pretty ambiguous question / term in itself.. I get what they are saying.. but what aspect??) and as a Destiny fan who acknowledges the good, the bad and the real bad, personally I'm thinking.. stink. I want another Destiny. I know D2 is having another years worth of 'content' behind the annual pass but leeeeeeeeeeeet's be honest it's probably going to be minimal required effort on the devs end, short campaigns, no cut scenes (their words) and bumping up the level cap for an artificial carrot dangling.. infact I'm sure this most recent Warmind expansion has been a litmus test on the future of progression for Destiny..

anyway i forgot what the hell my point was.

Oh yeah Anthem. I want to want it but not feeling it yet. Need a beta to get amongst. Meanwhile more hyped for Division 2.

6. Post
    Once this fails watch that beautiful Shepard train start chugging along again

7. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    btw drak great list thanks for posting

weird one for me. I wasn't blown away by the trailer or demo, and that list is actually fairly underwhelming. 'This isn't a Destiny' - let's be honest they were never going to say yes it is 'a Destiny' (which is a pretty ambiguous question / term in itself.. I get what they are saying.. but what aspect??) and as a Destiny fan who acknowledges the good, the bad and the real bad, personally I'm thinking.. stink. I want another Destiny. I know D2 is having another years worth of 'content' behind the annual pass but leeeeeeeeeeeet's be honest it's probably going to be minimal required effort on the devs end, short campaigns, no cut scenes (their words) and bumping up the level cap for an artificial carrot dangling.. infact I'm sure this most recent Warmind expansion has been a litmus test on the future of progression for Destiny..

anyway i forgot what the hell my point was.

Oh yeah Anthem. I want to want it but not feeling it yet. Need a beta to get amongst. Meanwhile more hyped for Division 2.
    yeah, Easy Allies had a great point, its more of a Monster Hunter World rather then a Destiny.
    and i'm fine with that, as MHW is so much better then Destiny2.

still yes, a Beta needs to happen to let people see how the game feels.

also lots of people don't think it will hit the 22/02/2019 release date. (and based on the way they were talking about the game, it real does not seem close to ready)

tho i did like that fact that they didn't seem to have a deal with MS or Sony for exclusive stuff.
    but of course that might be announced at one of those conferences instead.

8. Post
    jords wrote:
    Once this fails watch that beautiful Shepard train start chugging along again
    one thing your missing, if Anthem fails, EA will CLOSE Bioware.
    EA doesn't let people go, they close them and then run the IP into the ground(or let the IP rot in a corner)

9. Post
    BioWare hasn’t made a good game is years and mass effect is well ridden gravy train

I’m not worried if they get closed tbh

10. Post
    Well there all those actual people who would lose their jobs and livelihoods. You do understand people... a great many people make up BioWare right? Maybe try to remember the world does not revolve around you huh. Any company closing down has a massive impact on a lot of people, and generally those affected are not the cause for the closure.

11. Post
    I had honestly forgotten DA4 was even a thing, hearing development for that is going swell was so good.

Hopefully BioWare prove me wrong and Anthem is a barrel of fun in the sun, and I end up spending stupid money on N7 Javellin suits...as I know I frakkin will wont I

12. Post
    IST wrote:
    I had honestly forgotten DA4 was even a thing, hearing development for that is going swell was so good.

Hopefully BioWare prove me wrong and Anthem is a barrel of fun in the sun, and I end up spending stupid money on N7 Javellin suits...as I know I frakkin will wont I

13. Post
    hmm
    Name:  antheme3dod.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  107.1 KB

14. Post
    Drakarth wrote:
    one thing your missing, if Anthem fails, EA will CLOSE Bioware.
    EA doesn't let people go, they close them and then run the IP into the ground(or let the IP rot in a corner)
    Yeah I agree with this if anthem fails I think EA will close bioware and there will be no more mass effect or dragon age.
    They haven't really showed enough footage or explained what the game is very well just yet. e3 was their chance to really show and let people know just what anthem is and instead of answering questions many are left unanswered and even more for me are raised on just how far along this game is if it is releasing in feb 2019. showing looping video of early concept art does not exactly inspire confidence.

15. Post
    Kog wrote:
    You love it G, admit it

16. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Warframe (not that Plains of Eidolon or whatever it's called ever worker for me.. What a rip off)
    100% free expansions sure are rip offs, eh?

17. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    100% free expansions sure are rip offs, eh?
    It was my lame attempt at humour .. Tho I'm still keen to get PoE working. Might reinstall and try again.

18. Post
    looked decent but kinda average by today's standards , certainly not something i got the time sink to put into anymore for the rewards. but then again i am not their target audience so no loss whatever happens.

19. Post
    I spotted a few Mass Effect--ish combat combos (like freezing/flame explosions) and the verticality of the game space looks cool. But they're kidding themselves if they think people are going to play this "forever" like that one ridiculously overconfident dev says. I actually thought Casey Hudson looked totally disillusioned in that video and seemed like even he didn't believe the sales patter coming out of his own mouth.

20. Post
    I was cautiously optimistic... now I'm just fully off the bandwagon.

21. Post
    Drakarth wrote:
    base game on NZ PSN for pre-order is $119.95
    Legion of Dawn edition $127.95
    look's like they have no BS Season pass either. (neither pre-order lists one, just some digital goods)
    pre-order's have Beta access I guess? "VIP Access to Pre-launch Demos"
    still getting ripped off for a 60 USD game

22. Post
    A review video for anyone wanting to watch.

23. Post
    IST wrote:
    It's nuts how much my faith in BioWare, my once top dev, has dropped.

I have little to no faith that this will be great....and this is (kind of) coming from the dev team that brought me Mass Effect's amazing adventure: my #1 gaming experience of all time.

Crazytown as....that whole Andromeda shitbucket malarky really sunk my BioBoat.

Spoiler:

Postvideo watching:

Is there PVP? Flat no.

....actually gutted about that tbh.

Favourite part of the video: Hearing development for DA4 is going swell
    After the last two Bioware games my faith is just about as low in Bioware as it is in Bungie (if that's even possible).

No PVP is a massive plus in my books, it means the players skills/abilities and weapons can be insane without the constant BS balancing(nerfing) for PVP because of whiners.

24. Post
    Athem looks like a reskinned titan fall 2 which was a good game i really enjoyed it story and game play. Would have loved if it has replayability, anthem might just fill that gap.

25. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    It was my lame attempt at humour .. Tho I'm still keen to get PoE working. Might reinstall and try again.
    You need to be high lev Tenno-san to even make a fun dent in Plains of Eidolon...I know this, being a lowly multi-prime Tenno stable master