Anthem - MMO-ARPG Shooter by BioWare Edmonton

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    The 10 hour trial is gonna hurt sales in the long run I think. Sure the player count might look good on paper. But thats about it.

2. Post
    Been interesting watching some streams of people playing and giving their opinions.

Seems like the game will be in a decent place when the patch lands for the 22nd.

3. Post
    Watching gameplay on twitch it actually looks pretty fun, might be getting this

4. Post
    I caved and got Premier. So far the game is awesome. The difference between the beta and this is night and day.
    Performance on my rig , which is old, is so much better. Gameplay is fun and the quests are great. I have only crashed into a lamppost once.
    If they had given us this build and the starter quests I feel the response would have been better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Post
    gikar wrote:
    I caved and got Premier. So far the game is awesome. The difference between the beta and this is night and day.
    Performance on my rig , which is old, is so much better. Gameplay is fun and the quests are great. I have only crashed into a lamppost once.
    If they had given us this build and the starter quests I feel the response would have been better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    granted this was just my opinion and the reason for caving was Conviction. I am so weak

7. Post
    Feel like a dumb dumb updating to the latest nvidia drivers seem to have fixed the crashes for me.

8. Post
    Male Freelancer is voice by Ryder VO from ME:A....I knew that voice kind of annoyed me right out the gate

9. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Feel like a dumb dumb updating to the latest nvidia drivers seem to have fixed the crashes for me.
    I had an issue where the game crapped out at lvl 8 and has not let me in since, had a error on the menu saying it couldn't retrieve my info. turns out all i needed to do was clear all but local cached origin files and uninstall it. then reinstall as a admin. back in now.
    However while trying to problem shoot I upgraded my geforce driver (which was fine before) and now my game looks like a neon 16bit mess.

The game is very fun though, a lot better than the demos.

10. Post
    IST wrote:
    Male Freelancer is voice by Ryder VO from ME:A....I knew that voice kind of annoyed me right out the gate
    Ray Chase is everywhere these days, He voiced Noctis in FFXV. He's a bit overexposed in my opinion.

I wouldn't have minded Jennifer Hale coming back in as FemFreelancer. Would also love to see her play a villain.

11. Post
    Playing the 10 hour trial on ea access will see if I can get into it

12. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Ray Chase is everywhere these days, He voiced Noctis in FFXV. He's a bit overexposed in my opinion.

I wouldn't have minded Jennifer Hale coming back in as FemFreelancer. Would also love to see her play a villain.
    that was the same guy that did Noctis? omg i really like Noctis's VO but the male Freelancer i just can't stand.

learn something new everyday lol

13. Post
    Been reading around the general impressions over the weekend. A lot of people have finished the story already (dunno how long, if it's a no-life effort or a casual 8 hours) and already disappointed with the end game. Bioware are actively replying in reddit so it's kinda reassuring.

Here's a reply to one such thread https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa.../?context=1000

The people who designed this game did a ton of research and are avid Diablo/Destiny/Division players - it's really hard to make something 'new' (that isn't any of those things) and nail it out of the gate. We had ideas, some will work and some most definitely won't.

Now that it's hitting the general public we will see what's working and what isn't in real time and be able to make changes in order to FIX these issues and give people a great experience long term (if they will stick with us or consider coming back). Either way, I don't think the problem is having 'no idea' - it's having a different idea and be willing to try to create that.

It's not perfect but hopefully together we can make it as close to perfect as possible
    We have literally hundreds of people building content as we speak (well maybe not today as it's Sunday so it's mostly live ops folks in). We are committed to this.

It was really important for us to polish the core gameplay loop and make sure the game was FUN - we know we can continue to build on something that is great to begin with. It may take some time to flesh out, but it will an evolving and compelling live service, I promise you that!
    So I'm still optimistic for now, I should at least get a few fun weeks out of this.

14. Post
    https://www.pcgamer.com/anthem-review/

pcgamer.com wrote:
    PC Gamer Anthem review in progress: Combat and exploration are fun, but nothing else is.

15. Post
    I joined up to Origin Premium to have a go at the full game and see how well my PC runs it and other games on Premium

Combat and questing and all that is awesome. Shame PS4 will only be at 30 fps, as it feel so good at 60.
    Story is ok, not great

Looking forward to jamming this with Drak and co when its out on ps4. I miss not using my controller as the pc version only lets you use an Xbox one

16. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Been reading around the general impressions over the weekend. A lot of people have finished the story already (dunno how long, if it's a no-life effort or a casual 8 hours) and already disappointed with the end game. Bioware are actively replying in reddit so it's kinda reassuring.

Here's a reply to one such thread https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa.../?context=1000

So I'm still optimistic for now, I should at least get a few fun weeks out of this.
    That reinforces my stance of don't buy any time soon.

17. Post
    I've only played 4ish hours of my 10 hour demo so far but I've been having a blast, the game is really fun to play. I'm almost level 8 and if I had to guess I'd say the story will be between 20-30 hours, I sure won't be done in 8. I'm also enjoying the story so far, it's been establishing the setting more than anything but so far so good.

Anyone looking for allies on PC?

18. Post
    I think my game has bugged because I cant seem to progress the story any further. I seem to be stuck in free play.

19. Post
    You do get one quest which you have to complete in free play, to collect 3 uncommon (I think?) Embers. You get that quest in the marketplace right by the forge, maybe you need to pick that one up if you don't have it? Also I found looking at the map in Fort Tarsis showed me a whole bunch more available quests.

20. Post
    Also have to find the tombs in free play and some of the challenges

21. Post
    yea I ended up figuring it out all good now. Game sure is taxing on the hardware. While Anthem is running my cpu and gpu temps are double of what they are compared to other games.

22. Post
    Still haven't had the day one patch yet, which is due for the 22nd.

The people who have hit Level 30/Grandmaster have spent their entire weekend pushing through content to hit level 30 and start the Grandmaster content.

Teawrex streamed about 33 hours so far.
    Datto streamed about 30 hours so far.
    KingGothalion about 30 hours so far.
    etc.

I expect there will be a few more casual gamers that get close to that from the 22nd, but that's a decent number of hours to hit Grandmaster and start levelling up.

And that's before the post-live Cataclysm events start.

23. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Main story is about 12-16 hours I started playing on saturday afternoon and was already hearing people had finished the main story and were around level 17 when they finished

24. Post
    That's fine - I'm not gonna binge the game or anything. Just play casually in the evenings before Division 2 comes out.

25. Post
    Well, my expectations are certainly tempered: looks like a good ride for a while at least, until Division 2 drops.

What's the clan setup like, GPNZ migration for PS4 peeps, y'all all go for that?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk