Anthem - MMO-ARPG Shooter by BioWare Edmonton

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 451 to 475 of 663

  1. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    If I can’t rock out to The Warehouse right now, before they close at 10pm, and buy this game off the shelf, it ain’t out. End of story.

    Eva
    If I can't buy software, a product which does not physically exist, in a brick and mortar store... then it's not out yet? Does that mean that games which are never released as physical media never actually come out? I'm clearly not good at the internet because I can't tell if you're serious or not? It seems like you are, but it also seems so silly that you can't be?

    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The only dumb one here is the individual who can't see through AAA marketing bullshit. I.e. You.
    I'd be tempted to call him a plant if I didn't know that such self delusion is an important part of being a "true fan" these days. Still, just for fun:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PennyArcadePlant.PNG 
Views:	37 
Size:	955.0 KB 
ID:	225201

  2. Post
    Taiveraad wrote:
    If I can't buy software, a product which does not physically exist, in a brick and mortar store... then it's not out yet? Does that mean that games which are never released as physical media never actually come out? I'm clearly not good at the internet because I can't tell if you're serious or not? It seems like you are, but it also seems so silly that you can't be?
    Well, this is from the Playstation Store, as of about 5 minutes ago;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anthem Release.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	225202

    So if this says "Pre-order", and i can't download it until tomorrow, or go into a store an buy it until tomorrow, it's not out. It's not rocket science brother!

    If you can show me where i can download or buy this for the PS4 today, as in the full day-one release including the patch, i'l happily admit i'm wrong.

    Oh, and we're not talking about "a product", we're specifically talking about Anthem.

  3. Post
    IST wrote:
    12:30 - the NPC who thinks he's giving you good info - is he voiced by Joe Lo Truglio?

  4. Post
    Rii wrote:
    12:30 - the NPC who thinks he's giving you good info - is he voiced by Joe Lo Truglio?
    Yup, 99.

  5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The only dumb one here is the individual who can't see through AAA marketing bullshit. I.e. You.
    That's your best retort?

    *slow clap*

  6. Post
    Taiveraad wrote:
    I'd be tempted to call him a plant if I didn't know that such self delusion is an important part of being a "true fan" these days. Still, just for fun:
    16 posts total and most of them in this thread. Who are you working for?

  7. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Well, this is from the Playstation Store, as of about 5 minutes ago;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anthem Release.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	225202

    So if this says "Pre-order", and i can't download it until tomorrow, or go into a store an buy it until tomorrow, it's not out. It's not rocket science brother!

    If you can show me where i can download or buy this for the PS4 today, as in the full day-one release including the patch, i'l happily admit i'm wrong.

    Oh, and we're not talking about "a product", we're specifically talking about Anthem.
    Ok, we're specifically talking about Anthem. So what? What difference does that make? It's a software product, isn't it? Since it doesn't make a difference though I'll be specific if you like.

    Just because it (Anthem, to be specific) is not out for PS4 doesn't mean it's not out. I don't support this kind of behavior at all, I think it sucks, but suggesting a game's not out because it's not out on your platform of choice is ridiculous neighbour.

    As for the day one patch.... I can buy and play the full game right now, I have been even, and keep all my progress and everything but it's not out yet because it doesn't have the day one patch? You know what? If you like, neighbour. If you want to swallow that AAA marketing tripe I doubt I or anyone else can convince you otherwise.

  8. Post
    Ard Righ wrote:
    16 posts total and most of them in this thread. Who are you working for?
    Oh man, you think I could get a job calling out game industry horseshit? That'd be awesome! It's not like I'd ever struggle for material! Hard industry though cos there are a lot of people doing it already. Plenty to go around though, right?

    Still, I take your point. I've hardly ever posted before and now I'm doing it a lot. Trying to join the community to be honest but I know it does look kind suspicious! So, to put your frankly well founded fears at rest, let me state for the record that other publishers are no better. In fact I think Activation are worse at the moment, posting record revenue then firing nearly 800 people is inexcusable. I think Ubi are slightly, very slightly, better because they don't abandon their products the way EA do but they really go overboard with the special editions etc.

    Also, if you go right back, my first post was about how much fun I was having playing Anthem. And I am! I really like the gameplay! There might not be enough content for now but time will tell. I don't support EA's bollocks release strategy but the game is still fun to play.

    And speaking of work, I should really do some....

  9. Post
    Ard Righ wrote:
    16 posts total and most of them in this thread. Who are you working for?
    Yeah, you wonder eh?!

    Taiveraad wrote:
    Ok, we're specifically talking about Anthem. So what? What difference does that make? It's a software product, isn't it? Since it doesn't make a difference though I'll be specific if you like.

    Just because it (Anthem, to be specific) is not out for PS4 doesn't mean it's not out. I don't support this kind of behavior at all, I think it sucks, but suggesting a game's not out because it's not out on your platform of choice is ridiculous neighbour.

    As for the day one patch.... I can buy and play the full game right now, I have been even, and keep all my progress and everything but it's not out yet because it doesn't have the day one patch? You know what? If you like, neighbour. If you want to swallow that AAA marketing tripe I doubt I or anyone else can convince you otherwise.
    It's the Anthem thread, that's the game we're specifically talking about in here. By all means, start a new thread if you want to talk about release schedules for games in general. Maybe call it something like "Release schedule for games in general" or something like that.

    I've seen 4 billboards around town for Anthem. Every one of them say 22 February as the release date - is this the "AAA marketing tripe" you're referencing? Actually, i don't want to know, or care - whatever.

  10. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Destin and Mtashed? yuck lol. Skillup is the man though, love his work.

    I'm personally still getting this as I really want something new to play co-op with my lady. Destiny has burned us both out and the annual pass bullshit sealed the deal.
    I gotta say, they really ****ed up not bringing Trials back for season 6: Anthem not having PvP, makes perfect sense to maintain the sweaty crowd...now Division 2 has the red carpet to steal them away if the dark zone has improved since D1, and with squad PvP on the books too and Survival mode as a BR alternative....it's looking super tasty to a PvPer like myself.

    Bungo keeps bungoing lol.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  11. Post
    My issue with Destiny is that I shelled out for Forsaken, that should have meant I get a year of content as it almost always has. Instead they try to force me to pay an additional 54 dollars upfront for the stupid annual pass. I sucked up a lot of BS over 5 years of Destiny but that just killed it.

  12. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    My issue with Destiny is that I shelled out for Forsaken, that should have meant I get a year of content as it almost always has. Instead they try to force me to pay an additional 54 dollars upfront for the stupid annual pass. I sucked up a lot of BS over 5 years of Destiny but that just killed it.
    Same for me - effective way to kill the second-hand market for the vanilla/launch game if you bought physical.

  13. Post
    Happy for the PVP crowd to have other good games to play. Let's BioWare focus their development.

    I hope Division 2 PvP holds up to the hype because the bots and imbalance ruined it for me in the first version.

  14. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    My issue with Destiny is that I shelled out for Forsaken, that should have meant I get a year of content as it almost always has. Instead they try to force me to pay an additional 54 dollars upfront for the stupid annual pass. I sucked up a lot of BS over 5 years of Destiny but that just killed it.
    I have the same issue

    Content in destiny 2 was always lacking - too little of it, too long waiting for new content and continuously charging way too much for it

  15. Post
    Day 1 patch is a joke, more issues now

  16. Post
    Kog wrote:
    Day 1 patch is a joke, more issues now
    Reddit thread here https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...gs_megathread/

  17. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Yeah, you wonder eh?!



    It's the Anthem thread, that's the game we're specifically talking about in here. By all means, start a new thread if you want to talk about release schedules for games in general. Maybe call it something like "Release schedule for games in general" or something like that.

    I've seen 4 billboards around town for Anthem. Every one of them say 22 February as the release date - is this the "AAA marketing tripe" you're referencing? Actually, i don't want to know, or care - whatever.
    I was talking about Anthem, I just didn't refer to it as Anthem in that paragraph. If that's a bit tricky for you I'll make sure to refer to it (Anthem) in future.

    As for the billboards, they are marketing tripe but not the tripe I was referring to. The tripe I'm referring to is the blatant lie that Anthem releases on the 22nd which it obviously does not.

    So.... I think I'm a Ubisoft plant? I've criticized them the least so far? I wonder if they'll send me a cheque?

  18. Post
    ^ Like i say, i don't care eh.

  19. Post
    Skillup

    Skillup wrote:
    Right now this game is broken as ****!
    Hue.

  20. Post
    Gotta admit it's kinda funny seeing someone argue about some silly release date when it officially comes out on the 22nd for the general public and while others who use some EA service (Origins etc.. ) gets it a couple of days earlier.

  21. Post
    wow lots of issues it seems like the game is even worse to play now.
    Last edited by esoj; 21st February 2019 at 4:29 pm.

  22. Post
    seriously **** those tomb quests. WTH were bioware thinking. For people who play specifically for this story its going to turn a large chunk of them off. Imagine trying to stretch out a game through fetch quests lol.

    Even better is the xbox vp's response to the criticism Microsoft are so far up EA's ass its unbelievable.

    https://www.resetera.com/threads/mik...%80%9D.100839/

  23. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    seriously **** those tomb quests. WTH were bioware thinking. For people who play specifically for this story its going to turn a large chunk of them off. Imagine trying to stretch out a game through fetch quests lol.

    Even better is the xbox vp's response to the criticism Microsoft are so far up EA's ass its unbelievable.

    https://www.resetera.com/threads/mik...%80%9D.100839/
    Haven't encountered them yet myself but it seemed like padding out the story? By gating the story behind them?

  24. Post
    esoj wrote:
    wow lots of issues it seems like the game has even worse to play now.
    all good they've got like 7 and a half hours to finish the game

  25. Post
    Taiveraad wrote:
    Haven't encountered them yet myself but it seemed like padding out the story? By gating the story behind them?
    pretty much. If I paid full price for this game id be pissed.