Anthem - MMO-ARPG Shooter by BioWare Edmonton

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)

1. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    seriously **** those tomb quests. WTH were bioware thinking. For people who play specifically for this story its going to turn a large chunk of them off. Imagine trying to stretch out a game through fetch quests lol.
    I think I have one other mission before I will have to start doing the tomb quests and I can't even start some of them without doing some other things first so that I meet the requirements to do the tomb quests.

2. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Gotta admit it's kinda funny seeing someone argue about some silly release date when it officially comes out on the 22nd for the general public and while others who use some EA service (Origins etc.. ) gets it a couple of days earlier.
    Screw you m8, it came out weeks ago!!! Whatchoo talkiní about Willis?!?!

3. Post
    Frederick James wrote:

I've seen 4 billboards around town for Anthem. Every one of them say 22 February as the release date - is this the "AAA marketing tripe" you're referencing? Actually, i don't want to know, or care - whatever.
    The PC version has been out since Feb 15th for Origin Premier subscription service customers, that's a fact. Criticism is entirely fair game. If EA didn't release a key patch in time for a public game release that was their choice and they need to live with the consequences. Argue the semantics of marketing BS all that you like, it doesn't change reality.

4. Post
    I will say the patch at least for me did at least seem to improve performance and load times.

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The PC version has been out since Feb 15th for Origin Premier subscription service customers, that's a fact. Criticism is entirely fair game. If EA didn't release a key patch in time for a public game release that was their choice and they need to live with the consequences. Argue the semantics of marketing BS all that you like, it doesn't change reality.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending the game, far from it. Sounds shit. Not really sure why we started arguing about it in the first place, I forget. It’s out for some, for others not. ..... all good

6. Post

7. Post
    Haha yeah bro, posted that a page or so back, and that's only a few reviews! I think it'll be worse tomorrow.

8. Post
    Hi,

I am playing on PC and if your would like to friend me via origin name is "N1GhTw0Lf_Nz" really just looking to get as many players to fill the alliance tier system they have ingame , ao you dont have to feel like teaming up for missons etc its just for thew in game items you get each week when the alliance thing finishes , in saying that we can misson up if you want to and if i feel like it too. Would really appreciate it if som,e people could add me that are playing Anthem in PC. Thanks in advance.

9. Post
    Just to add my experience I am enjoying the game , have around 30hours so far and have encountered no bugs or issue at all yet. So I am liking it so far. I just hope they can bring out different events weekly and new story content etc, they already have a small event in free roam atm with one of the bad guy factions are close to the main base so have been getting good xp and loot doing those.

10. Post
    Apparently the writing is lacklustre (unsurprisingly). That's a deal breaker for me as I found the gameplay boring. Bioware lives in name only (again, unsurprisingly). *insert image macro of relatively recent staff departure headlines here*

I fully expect that Bioware will be closed within the next 5 years and Dragon Age 4 never to see the light of day.

11. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Not really sure why we started arguing about it in the first place, I forget.
    I remembered!!!!; it was because Eva called someone a muppet for daring to suggest the release date was 22 Feb.

Anyway ..... as you were.

12. Post
    I played the opening before work up until Freeroam unlocks so level 4 I think..? So far enjoying it, the intro missions were pretty cool. Watched the cutscenes but skipped most dialogue - some voice acting was great but one in particular was just awful.

I was getting a lot of audio clipping and distortion - not sure if it's just me coz I've been having a lot of issues with my headset but regardless never had this on any other game.

Overall visual performance seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeems a little bit better than the beta, which was crippling my poor old OG PS4. Hopefully it maintains once I get into strongholds where it gets a bit more chaotic.

It's early days but while the loading screens can be pretty long, I'd compare it to staring at a ship sitting in space / entering orbit in Destiny.

Looking forward to partying up with the bro's tonight. Yes that includes you, Hazard, ya grumpy goose.
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 22nd February 2019 at 9:00 am.

13. Post
    Will fire it up today sometime and catch up to your level Crow, although I could never be on your level.

Looking forward to this evening too. Hopefully Hazard won’t be so ****ing toxic

14. Post
    How many more flops can Bioware and EA handle? I almost wish Microsoft would acquire Bioware from EA. At least I know they would be a bit more reasonable than EA with their expectations.

15. Post
    Not gonna spoil it for anyone but regarding the story its pretty weak finished it even before i hit lvl20. I really enjoy grindy games where you grind for end game gear.

16. Post
    cosumar wrote:
    Hi,

I am playing on PC and if your would like to friend me via origin name is "N1GhTw0Lf_Nz" really just looking to get as many players to fill the alliance tier system they have ingame , ao you dont have to feel like teaming up for missons etc its just for thew in game items you get each week when the alliance thing finishes , in saying that we can misson up if you want to and if i feel like it too. Would really appreciate it if som,e people could add me that are playing Anthem in PC. Thanks in advance.
    SamusAron on origin pc

17. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Haha yeah bro, posted that a page or so back, and that's only a few reviews! I think it'll be worse tomorrow.
    I sure don't think it's going to get better.

Anyone else feel like they're watching Bioware die in front of their eyes? It's sad man, I used to love that company, but it's like they're basically dead already. Anthem wasn't really even a Bioware style game to begin with and if the story is as mediocre as many are saying then to me they're just not really Bioware any more.

I feel like I'm going to look back on today when EA inevitably close them and it's not a good feeling.

18. Post
    I'm definitely one of those who foolishly bought into the youtuber created narrative that Andromeda's real problems came from that game being developed by Bioware's B team instead of Edmonton. It's increasingly clear that Bioware has actually suffered a dramatic drain in talent and inspiration across the board.

That said, I am enjoying this game for what it is.

19. Post
    Launch day and its barely in the top 20. oof. Early Access was a mistake. Wonder how many cancelled pre orders they had. Sea of Thieves is getting more attention.

20. Post
    It's not like 7 days early access made any difference to the 6ish years they've been developing the game.

21. Post
    What? Another flop from EA? Say it ain't so lol. At least they have 1 recent success with Apex Legends lol.

22. Post
    That SOT is goiing to be 95+% watching summit right?

23. Post
    Twitch is very much 'flavour of the hour stuff' at the moment. DOTA2 being #1 because of one game going that have 50K viewers. Then drops right down the list.

I don't know why you still think that is a reliable metric.

24. Post
    Ard Righ wrote:
    Twitch is very much 'flavour of the hour stuff' at the moment. DOTA2 being #1 because of one game going that have 50K viewers. Then drops right down the list.

I don't know why you still think that is a reliable metric.
    And yet CSGO has 200k viewers. Why would you watch CSGO when Anthem is an exciting new release? Because even people who watch games aren't interested. Its telling that Apex is still the thing gamers are most interested in.

25. Post
    EA ****ed up again by releasing Apex just before Anthem lol