Anthem - MMO-ARPG Shooter by BioWare Edmonton

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Karak's review reight in time for lunch

2. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    EA ****ed up again by releasing Apex just before Anthem lol
    Do you think it will make a big difference? One's pure PVP and one's pure PVE, I guess there will always be some crossover but with Apex doing so well and Anthem currently having such a bad vibe I'm not sure it will matter much.

3. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Karak's review reight in time for lunch

Ouch

4. Post
    Taiveraad wrote:
    Do you think it will make a big difference? One's pure PVP and one's pure PVE, I guess there will always be some crossover but with Apex doing so well and Anthem currently having such a bad vibe I'm not sure it will matter much.
    Its does matter when the majority of Twitch streamers are streaming Apex instead of Anthem lol

5. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Its does matter when the majority of Twitch streamers are streaming Apex instead of Anthem lol
    Not arguing there!

Edit: Would they be streaming Anthem anyway though? Dunno that they would.....

6. Post
    Taiveraad wrote:
    Not arguing there!

Edit: Would they be streaming Anthem anyway though? Dunno that they would.....
    The biggest streamer currently streaming Anthem is DansGaming, where are Lirik, Summit,Shroud at? lol games need to build an audience on twitch to survive. if the biggest streamers arent playing your game. Something is wrong.

Speaking of which I see Dan is currently doing the tomb quest. His face says it all he aint enjoying it lul.

7. Post
    to be fair Anthem is just another generic looter shooter so meh lol

8. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    And yet CSGO has 200k viewers. Why would you watch CSGO when Anthem is an exciting new release? Because even people who watch games aren't interested. Its telling that Apex is still the thing gamers are most interested in.
    Take a breath. Read it again.

9. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    to be fair Anthem is just another generic looter shooter so meh lol
    While I think that's a perfectly reasonable position to hold I don't share it. Clearly it is a looter shooter and has the elements of the genre but the actual minute to minute gameplay feels quite fresh to me when compared to say The Division or Destiny. Being able to fly makes a big difference, as does the short cooldown on abilities and the combo system. The classes are much more differentiated as well, the difference between Storm and Colossus is far greater than that between Titan and Warlock or Division Agents A and B. Regrettably I don't think that's enough to save it from its myriad flaws but none the less.

I hesitate to use the term potential, particularly given EA's history of abandoning products that they consider underperforming (BF 1&2 anyone?), but I think Anthem could have been great and, given another year’s work, maybe it yet will be.

10. Post
    Bye-Oware

11. Post
    Played 4 hours today. Was really stable, no crashes, no terrible load times, had fun.

12. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Played 4 hours today. Was really stable, no crashes, no terrible load times, had fun.
    Yup playing again now. Enjoying it.

13. Post
    I was looking at grabbing it but realized it was locked to xbox live gold or psn+ subscribers. Didn't Destiny 1 and 2 let you play solo without the live gold or psn+ service?

14. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I was looking at grabbing it but realized it was locked to xbox live gold or psn+ subscribers. Didn't Destiny 1 and 2 let you play solo without the live gold or psn+ service?
    I don’t think so iirc. Solo patrols were in the live world with others.

15. Post
    I remember being able to play Destiny 2 without any need for the live gold subscriptions just couldn't go on any raids or crucible modes.

16. Post
    Ahh, I’ve always had both live and psn+ so I can’t be sure

17. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Bye-Oware
    Buyer-Beware

18. Post
    Should finish the tomb quests tomorrow. Really soured me on the game. Still enjoying it for the most part. But im sure I wouldn't have minded so much if it was optional. If it was optional I feel like the reaction wouldn't have been so harsh.

19. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Buyer-Beware
    biowEAr

20. Post
    So this is reviewing almost as bad as Fallout 76. Dropped to 59 on Open Critic.

21. Post
    So I should expect this to be at least 50% off in the next few months?

22. Post
    brand wrote:
    So I should expect this to be at least 50% off in the next few months?
    If that. If sales are low then I expect prices will drop. Then again review scores do not necessarily indicate how well a game sells, or how large the player base will be.