Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)

1. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Shadow of XXX seems to be a popular tag ? Shadow of Mordor, Shadow of War, Shadow of XCOM , Shadow of the Tomb Raider..
    lol, there is no 'Shadow of Xcom', and Shadow of Mordor/War don't count as two separate things because they're the same series.

2. Post
    Now let's just hope they don't try that whole 'timed exclusive' thing again.

3. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I feel like I'm missing out on the tomb raider Games, I played every single one as a a kid on PS1/2. Haven't played any of the newer games are they any good?
    Same.

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    played on a sega saturn of all things lol, twas ok for its day - obviously I wouldn't touch it now
    My first Tomb Raider was on the Saturn too. Revisited it a couple of years ago & it was just horrendous.

5. Post
    Ditto here. Saturn version first. Remember renting it and then buying it later. Probably not surprising the Saturn version was the first version out by a month or so. Even then it was worse than the PS version in graphics. Draw distances were worse, no transparent texture work, terrible colour pallet. I can't imagine the game has held up at all.

6. Post
    A new teaser countdown from Square Enix promises big Tomb Raider news tomorrow, but a quick HTML check will give it to you right now: Shadow of the Tomb Raider is coming out this September.

Head to the official Tomb Raider website and you’ll see a message promising an announcement on March 15, 2018 at 6am PT. Inspect the HTML, however, and you’ll see the announcement early:

Code:
    “tagline”:”Shadow of The Tomb Raider is the climatic finale of Lara’s origin story. Available September 14th 2018"
    If this is an accident, it’s not the first time. In October 2016, a Redditor spotted the name of Lara Croft’s next adventure because it was on the laptop of someone next to him on the subway.

At the time, we confirmed with our own sources that Shadow of the Tomb Raider was indeed the next game in the series. This one, as we reported then, is developed by Eidos Montreal, the studio behind Thief (2014), Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. The previously two games were made at the San Francisco, California-based Crystal Dynamics, which is now working on an Avengers game. Eidos Montreal is also entering the Marvel universe with a Guardians of the Galaxy game that has not yet been announced.

We’ve heard that Square invited some reporters to see the game in Montreal recently, so expect a wave of new previews when the official announcement hits tomorrow.
    Last edited by jords; 15th March 2018 at 6:40 am.

7. Post
    Timed to the release of the new movie, sensible cross-marketing.

8. Post
    Great another game I’ll have to play but did not expect it

9. Post

10. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DY_0cMZX0AEU81o.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	221216

11. Post
    I really resent the forced-into-combat sections in this game.

12. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I really resent the forced-into-combat sections in this game.
    Oh Mr. Time Traveller, could you please give us your impressions of this unreleased game? Has world peace been achieved in your time?

13. Post
    Don't be dick, you know he's talking about the past games.

14. Post
    Yeah sorry should've specified I was talking about the second game.

This series seems to have taken the direction of the latest Planet of the Apes films when it comes to similar-sounding and hard-to-figure-out-which-entry-it-is names.

15. Post

Name:	5ngb11ui9xo01.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	654.1 KB 
ID:	221311

16. Post
    Bought RotTR for $19; really enjoying it so far - it still has the combat sections (which I too am not a big fan of), but it's broken up far better by giving you the option of going off and doing actual Tomb Raiding between story sections. Big improvement over the first, which I also enjoyed but was a struggle to finish in the end.

17. Post
    Looks like Gameplay reveal tomorrow at about 6am.

https://www.twitch.tv/tribecagames

18. Post

Name:	DbuQN7gXkAAYRiq.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	227.2 KB 
ID:	221698Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DbuZZFYX4AE4kdQ.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	221699

19. Post

20. Post
    Last edited by jords; 28th April 2018 at 6:28 pm.

21. Post
    Good preview by EZA

22. Post
    They have the nerve to solicit for preorders before showing any footage of the actual game publicly.

23. Post
    Your not being forced to do anything you don’t want to do.

24. Post
    looking forward to a game that can push the 1080ti

25. Post
    Looks like more of the same.

Keen