Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

1. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Gmg = usd.
    Thanks!

EDIT: Found this below..

"Unfortunately we are not supporting New Zealand Dollars (NZD), Australian Dollars (AUD) or Canadian Dollars (CAD) at this time. Quoted prices in those regions will be in US Dollars (USD)." -https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/215465718-Currency

2. Post

3. Post
    Sounds like fake news, they say it’s chinese users posting negative reviews about the price but everyone knows Chinese don’t buy games, they pirate them

4. Post
    Indeed, I hope most of them aren't fully grown adults. There's almost always gambling involved when you're an early adopter.

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Sounds like fake news, they say itís chinese users posting negative reviews about the price but everyone knows Chinese donít buy games, they pirate them
    Not necessarily. I've heard many anecdotes over the years about how some people just stopped pirating games because digital distribution through the likes of Steam was just so convenient. (Video and music streaming services like Netflix and Spotify became popular for the same reason.) I imagine it's the same case in historically piracy heavy markets like China.

6. Post
    Don't pre-order.

As for the Chinese angle. Not surprised its a massive market, and price reactive. Grim's assertion is inaccurate at best, and a little racist at worst.

I can understand the frustration at seeing the price drop so soon, but gamers are impatient. I mean, look at the folk getting all hyped for RDR2 and planning time off for the release week. How many would hold off if they knew that the game would be $30 cheaper in a month? I predict it would not be a massive number.

7. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    As for the Chinese angle. Not surprised its a massive market, and price reactive. Grim's assertion is inaccurate at best, and a little racist at worst.
    His statement is inaccurate. China is a sizeable and powerful demographic in today's PC gaming marketplace. You just need to look at Steam usage stats for the past 1.5 years and their successful review bombing protests (see Nier Automata and Football Manager).

It's not a racial issue at all. You know that piracy has been historically rife in developing world markets so you can see where his thinking was coming from, don't be disingenuous. The economic state of people within certain markets and their buying habits has nothing to do with race.

8. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It's not a racial issue at all. You know that piracy has been historically rife in developing world markets so you can see where his thinking was coming from, don't be disingenuous. The economic state of people within certain markets and their buying habits has nothing to do with race.
    It is though. Racism isn't confined to character traits, or anything specific. It's literally any negative assumption made based on someone's ethnicity, heritage, etc. So, yeah making a statement like that is exactly racism. It is not a narrow term.
    There are plenty of developing markets, but I seldom see anyone but the Chinese painted as being inherently piratey. That's twice now you've claimed me being disingenuous. Both times you've been objectively wrong. But no more about that, it's not worth the derail, but you've got to stop telling people what other people's intentions are.

9. Post
    Absolutely loving this game right now!

10. Post
    AusCompGames wrote:
    Absolutely loving this game right now!
    Yeah, I'm really liking it too, probably more than Rise.

11. Post
    i wish you could turn off nanny mode though

12. Post
    Just picked it up from the GMG sale at US$36.
    Had another voucher so ended up paying ~NZ$54.50.

Have a finger injury so looking forward to playing this with a controller.

13. Post
    Enjoy, It's a pretty fun game sneaking around in the jungle.