1. Post
    I'm loving this game!

2. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    I've never played a MH game, but based on reviews have been tempted. But i think the grind, and that it seems to essentially be boss battle after boss battle after boss battle, is enough for me to give it a miss.
    Yeah it's grindy if you want to focus on a particular monster but if you join other quests in motion it can really cut the time down. Each time you face a new monster you have to do it without reguolar match making however you can set off an SOS flare that allows others to join (so yeah it kinda does have matchmaking).

Infact a very cheeky way to grind is filter the available SOS quests, look for one that has 3 people in it and 10-20 mins through. If you get there in time they'll have done most of the hard yakka, you can jump in time to carve the turkey by the end!! Though - since it's inevitably someone's first quest they may fail it sending you home empty handed)

Personally I've always enjoyed the 'wear what you kill' aspect and find it really satisfying levelling my character up via armour + perks, as I'm used to with MH: G on the 3DS.

if it weren't for my voucher expiring soon I probably wouldn't have picked this up but glad that I did.
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 28th January 2018 at 7:24 pm.

3. Post
    Game has already shipped 5 million units (including digital sales)...a monster indeed!

4. Post

5. Post
    Its funny and kind of reassuring to see the exact same people that usually run games down in this subforum running this one down too. I'm waiting on Mighty Ape (when will I learn?) to send my copy, hopefully get it by thursday. My burned out D2 clanmates are all over this one, which is great because I hated pretending to enjoy fortnite.

6. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    There's some Monster Hunter costumes in SFV as well. The Ken one is sick

7. Post
    Where can I see the Ken one, I've heard no mention of that and it's not in the trailer video.

8. Post
    Game is great. So much more streamlined and accessible than previous MH titles I've attempted to get into, and the weapon balance feels pretty solid. Loving playing with the Bow atm, but switch it up for Hammer and Lance too depending on the monster.

9. Post
    That feeling when you think you've got the monster on the ropes...and they break out a crazy desperate new defensive frantic moveset that faints you out.

Love it

10. Post
    Nearing the end of the campaign, shit is getting reeeeeeeeal hard. Need to grind out investigations for a few days and get me some upgrade materials.

More Street Fighter footage

IST wrote:
    That feeling when you think you've got the monster on the ropes...and they break out a crazy desperate new defensive frantic moveset that faints you out.

Love it
    If you are on in the weekend (I know you work late nights) shoot me an invite, we can party up. There's a few of us PS4 cats playing each night.

11. Post
    I would like this to be on PC now please Capcom

12. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    If you are on in the weekend (I know you work late nights) shoot me an invite, we can party up. There's a few of us PS4 cats playing each night.
    Bad ass, will do brother!

This game is really getting it's hooks into me.

Once you start mastering movement, terrain, weapon combos and treating it like you're really hunting....**** it feels so good. Grindy as but in a good way (D2 could take some big pointers from this game, making the grind carrot based, where there's a million carrots out there in infinite combinations).

13. Post
    My favorite part is every weapon (I've tried) feels OP. The mons still take a good beating but it's fun going back to early rank mons again, if I need small parts as part of an upgrade tree.

Finished the main story today, onto endgame grinding now but definitely keen to help fellow gpers progress.

14. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    My favorite part is every weapon (I've tried) feels OP. The mons still take a good beating but it's fun going back to early rank mons again, if I need small parts as part of an upgrade tree.

Finished the main story today, onto endgame grinding now but definitely keen to help fellow gpers progress.
    Noice, I just progressed to HR this afternoon.

15. Post
    Having a ton of problems getting online lately, ever since the last patch. Something about it not being able to create a session?

16. Post
    Straight after the patch went live I had huge problems but since then no problems

17. Post
    Gah, why is not not grabbing me? I've tried many times to get into it, but I am just not feeling it.
    Any suggestions on how to get the best out of the experience?

18. Post
    Maybe experiment with different weapons, set a goal like a piece of gear and grind towards it, alternate between co op and solo.. Without knowing how far you are in, the gameplay loop really doesn't change so perhaps it's just not for you?

19. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Gah, why is not not grabbing me? I've tried many times to get into it, but I am just not feeling it.
    It took a while to grab me too, but when I slowed down and started treating it more like a hunting sim rather than ARPG, that's when I started loving it to bits

20. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I had the same exact problem. I think it's just the fact there's no decent story and all the missions are just hunt these monsters. It's prolly best to play with friends.

21. Post
    For me, the story of the game is in the hunts themselves, the dance of the combat, the random happenings that can occur, where the fight shifts to, the other monsters that can and will get involved, and the ways in which you can manipulate that to your advantage. I actually prefer to complete hunts for the first time alone, the satisfaction from finally felling a hard beast is akin to Dark Souls in its catharsis.

I knew this was the greatest game I had played in years when I fought Rathian all the way up to the top of the ancient forest, got interupted by rathalos, who promptly burst a nearby dam, washing the both of them (and almost me too) down 100 ft to the ground, killing Rathian in the process. Then I dropped down, landed on Rathalos's head and murdered him too.

The monsters themselves are the true stars here, free roaming in expedition is such a joy. It doesn't feel like busy work at all to spend 4 hours in the rotten vale farming the shit out of Clifford the big red nope to build his armor set.

22. Post
    The issue I have right now is that the combat is not very good. Unresponsive, heavy and long animation locks, poor targeting, and inaccurate hitboxes.
    I've beaten all the Souls Games, and Bloodborne, so the combat style is not the issue. The execution is. Its loose, and messy, with little to no hit response from the monsters.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 11th February 2018 at 2:54 pm.

23. Post
    What weapons have you tried? I loved my Charge Blade but the animations can take forever once it's in axe form so I've gone for the bow and really enjoying it. Next step is to develop my Horn some more for support.

24. Post
    Might try some ranged weapons. Based on the time I've spent playing it, I just dont know why its been received so well. It is genre adjacent to games I like, so it should be something I can get into. I'll give it a few more hours, then I might just need to give it a rest.