1. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I just dont know why its been received so well. It is genre adjacent to games I like, so it should be something I can get into.
    Plenty of games that I feel are shit for one reason or another got good reception. Mass Effect 2 comes to mind (poor combat and I didn't care for the short main story).

2. Post
    Charge Blade ftw....nothing else comes close for me so far, so devastating!

3. Post
    I've tried every weapon now, and can't go past the bow. It's just so good.

4. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    I've tried every weapon now, and can't go past the bow. It's just so good.
    Yep. Feels good when you land a massive dragon piercer.

5. Post
    Monster Hunter noob, have only just started playing. Was using dual blades and long sword but then tried the great sword and don’t know if I can go back to anything else after seeing what sort of damage it can do. I hated how slow it is to start with but you learn to position yourself better after a while.

Also like the bow but have only been using that for small monsters or random flying things so far.

6. Post
    My current set (dunno if anyone considers gear sets spoilers so just posting url) http://iforce.co.nz/i/bhu1tt5a.1lu.jpg

7. Post
    Is the
    Spoiler:
    quest the last story mission? If so I'm just about to hit post game churr, but I think I need a better weapon. Nergy was a little tough.

8. Post
    Sorry didn't see that post, It's not the last, but you are close. You've probably finished it all by now!

I'm HR 32, slow but steady climb. F*** Bagelgoose is a massive pest.

Sums it up:

Also, just tweeted from the Playstation twitter account: "Ryu joins the hunt in Monster Hunter: World! If you have save data for Street Fighter V, complete the quest "Down the Dark, Muddy Path" to unlock the gear."

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/stat...07490144862209

You you need save data to access it (I have, will give it a go, not sure if its available now?)

9. Post
    I'm gonna have a look tonight and see if the SFV content is up. Even if the armour is useless I still want it for the novelty.

10. Post
    The content is up, and the armour is useless unfortunately. Think I'm HR 25 or 26 now, the last boss was a little underwhelming imho but the three before were sweet fights.

Spoiler:
    seemed near impossible with the bow, so I switched to a hunting horn and had a blast while smashing his face in with a giant bone didgeridoo for maximum lulz.

11. Post
    just solo'd that vaal....wasn't as hard as what i'd expect?!?! haa

12. Post
    Still back at HR14 or 15. Teostra is proving to be harder for me to solo than people claim he is. I think I need to switch from snowfletcher to the nergal bow just to elderseal his bullshit aoe blast. And also just avoid getting roar combo carted in general.

13. Post
    Had a miserable weekend, I think I managed to complete 3 hunts in total lol. Either stupid mistakes, random team mates carting or in the most frustrating of circumstances, a glitch. Considering there is a fair bit of jank in the game that you just kind of put down to 'Monster Hunter you so cray' like clipping through the mons, I had Nergigante basically teleporting up and down a vine wall. I jumped from the drop to get that sweet mount, he teleported to the top, which seemed to stun me, then back down at me which caused KO. Massively disappointing considering the late night 'zzz just one more try' 25 minute slog that failed the quest.

I will say though, for the 80 odd hours I've logged there hasn't been any other issues that have stood out. I don't see 'please nerf / buff' calls that I'm so conditioned to see from other communities. Maybe it's too early? Either way, game seems to be in fantastic shape and the grind is still a lot of fun.

14. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Still back at HR14 or 15. Teostra is proving to be harder for me to solo than people claim he is. I think I need to switch from snowfletcher to the nergal bow just to elderseal his bullshit aoe blast. And also just avoid getting roar combo carted in general.
    Pretty confident in saying Teostra is the single most difficult fight for a bow user in the game. I've did a bit of farming yesterday of him and found it so much more pleasant to whack him in the head with the Horn. I'd imagine Hammer is even better.

15. Post

16. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    Pretty confident in saying Teostra is the single most difficult fight for a bow user in the game. I've did a bit of farming yesterday of him and found it so much more pleasant to whack him in the head with the Horn. I'd imagine Hammer is even better.
    I destroyed him with a longsword.

17. Post
    Longsword wins again

18. Post
    This game is shit but I'm glad that it's successful. Capcom needed a W.
    Capcom announced today that Monster Hunter: World has surpassed 7.5 million in worldwide shipments and digital download sales, making it the best-selling title in Capcom’s history.
    Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/05...zOLCuzxrbi4.99

19. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Profound. The game is niche, maybe a larger niche than previously, but still niche. That you're not in that niche doesn't mean anything more than its not for you. Calling it shit, is at best dismissive.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 6th March 2018 at 7:09 am.

20. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Calling it shit, is at best dismissive.
    It's my subjective opinion, you're welcome to disagree with it. It's a repetitive grindy game which is fine thing to be if you're having fun. I found the gameplay loop to be souless, I wasn't having fun.

21. Post
    Super fun, Super grindy.

That feeling though when you finally kill something after a long hunt...glorious.

22. Post
    I'm just over 100 hours in, HR 50 and definitely burned out at this point. Taking a bit of a break then will come back fresh with a completely different gear set.

23. Post
    a little bit old, but Husky by the geek did a great version of the Rotten Vale battle theme.

24. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I'm still confused by the news... "Best selling title in Capcom history..." is kinda shifting goalposts. It depends on your view point. Clearly it's the best game launch they've had yes. It sold 7.5m on the PS4 and XB1.

But "title..." well no.

Best seller on an individual platform. No. Street Fighter II sold 6.3 million units just on the SNES. And RE2 sold 4.9 just on the PS1. I assume neither the PS4 or XB1 versions alone sold that many on just the single console out of the 7.5m.

Best seller overall. No. Resident Evil 5 has total lifetime units sold across all platforms in excess of 11m units for the company, is the highest selling title at this point.

25. Post
    Waiting desperately for the pc version to come out