Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

NBA 2K18 GP inhouse

Just getting a feel if we have enough people to get something going, maybe just friendly scrimmage sessions or a GP league.

Haven't played the last two, but a long time veteran here, going back to NBA Live 97 on Sega.

In short, if you like playing NBA 2K, post here, and hopefully we can organise some game nights with 90s trash talk (or not).

Depending on what the majority of people has will determine the platform (PC or PS4).

2. Post
    Hoping NBA live is decent, but if not it'll be keen. Mainly a MyTeam player.

On PS4

3. Post
    I'm keen but I'm pretty rubbish at the game despite the amount of hours I've played.

Am on PC.

4. Post
    I play the game religiously every year, although I mostly play MyLeague single player, if anyone wants someone to play against on XB1 I'll be keen.

Whilst it still has its flaws, its AI is probably the best I've seen from a sports game so I've generally been satisfied playing against the CPU.

5. Post
    Keen! Play on PC. Not that good at the game but I find it fun!

also love to trash talk.

6. Post
    We've covered three platforms in first three replies

If only we could agree on one.

7. Post
    Keen play on PC.

8. Post
    2k is really, really, really notoriously bad at providing support for the game on PC

9. Post
    Have PS4 and PC, had 2K16 on both, 2K17 on PC only, have played Live/2K for many years but I wouldn't say I'm particularly good lol. Currently undecided what I'm gonna play 2K18 on, mostly play a team for a season then switch and start over.

10. Post
    Will be getting on PS4 as I do every year. I know there's a few other GP players on the PS4, have had a few battles go down.

11. Post
    A quick Google search shows people have positive experience on PS4 for online play and tech support, whereas PC is a favourite for graphics and single player.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comme...pc_or_console/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comme..._on_pc_or_ps4/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comme..._on_ps4_vs_pc/

It all points to consoles being a better choice for online games, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by mintyOnion; 31st July 2017 at 4:43 am.

12. Post
    I only really ever played with a mate on PC, didn't really play with randoms online so the playerbase being small/non existent didn't bother me.

If you're gonna get a pro-am team (that's the 5v5 online right?) together then Ps4 would be the best bet I reckon?

13. Post
    I've created a Steam group, GP NBA2K Park, let's see how many can we gather.

Can also add me on Steam for an invite, mintyOnion.

14. Post
    mofozilla wrote:
    Hoping NBA live is decent, but if not it'll be keen. Mainly a MyTeam player.

On PS4
    Played the nba live 18 demo today, i like it a lot more than 2k so far, controls are easier to use and player movement is slower, allowing me to react easier on defence which I like, it feels more planted and natural and makes 2k feel arcadey

15. Post
    The reason you struggle with 2k is because it's far from arcadey.

16. Post
    DW wrote:
    The reason you struggle with 2k is because it's far from arcadey.
    Yep, its def more complex - the reason it feels arcadey to me is because the players move significantly faster on the floor

17. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Yep, its def more complex - the reason it feels arcadey to me is because the players move significantly faster on the floor
    You know you can just change the game speed slider in 2k if you mostly play offline?

I'd really recommend waiting a month or two if anyone is thinking of buying live to see if it's any good purely based on how utterly appalling the last attempt by EA was.

18. Post
    The Mypark player base seems non existent on PC, Picking up a PS4 again is starting to become pretty appealing.

19. Post
    The absolute last thing 2k is in comparison to Live is arcadey lol.

20. Post
    Judging by the response on PC (none), looks like PS4 it is.

Just as well, better support and no hackers is always nice.

21. Post
    the game is 4k60fps on ps4 pro, you have to use a controller for both pc or ps4 - why would you bother playing on PC

22. Post
    Owning a pc would be a good reason for playing on pc....

23. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    the game is 4k60fps on ps4 pro, you have to use a controller for both pc or ps4 - why would you bother playing on PC
    Ah because not everyone has a ps4 like myself?

Bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss.

24. Post
    JRS wrote:
    Owning a pc would be a good reason for playing on pc....
    I was talking to onion who obviously has both duh..

25. Post
    ErAd wrote:

Bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss.
    tell me about it silly bandwagon era like ErAd and JRS, gosh..