Page 8 of 9 First ... 56789 Last

1. Post
    Noticed a few times when we're moving forward from the back we don't deliver the ball quick enough out to the flanks so we can move the opposition around more.

Name:  B2..jpg
Views: 93
Size:  5.9 KB
    PHOENIX v BRISBANE {Wgtn Westpac}
    Sat-22nd Dec - 7.35pm

2. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    How good is Singh?
    The Australian media are talking him and the Phoenix up massively at the moment. It's quite refreshing too see lol.

Big test coming up this weekend.

3. Post
    Burns has played poorly for ages, surely Williams has to start ahead of him in the Melb Vic game, when he replaced Burns last week the bloke performed really well & scored a top goal too.

Name:  B - Soccer ball in net.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  4.0 KB
    PHOENIX v MELB VIC {Melbourne}
    Fri-28th Dec - 9.50pm

4. Post
    That's two top finishes for Williams. See ya later Burns.

5. Post
    Yeah, another great goal by Williams, hard to see Burns getting back his starting position this season.

The match was a awful bloody watch, not sure which team was worse, the Phoenix with their dreadful defence & wayward passing or Melbs woeful ****in' finishing, they should've been up 2 or 3 zip at halftime, in the end 1-1 was probably a fair result as neither of them deserved to win.

6. Post
    I only watched the first half, but it was the best I have ever seen the Phoenix play. Singh/Krishna etc are brilliant.

7. Post
    Honestly wrighty was a poor performance compared to their recent matches, they went well in very small patches... basically thought our defenders stood back off them far too much instead of moving forward to cut down the oppositions space, poor marking on the flanks, we went back to negative zone marking { marking space} instead of tight man-to-man marking so we could force them into mistakes, overall lacked focus/urgency throughout the game.
    Last edited by signman; 31st December 2018 at 5:33 pm.

8. Post
    Name:  B4..png
Views: 65
Size:  6.2 KB
    PHOENIX v ADELAIDE {Adelaide}
    Sat-5th Jan - 7.35pm

9. Post
    Great win. Sheridan looks class.

Onwards and upwards. CCM at home; we don't have Rufer or Mandi, so the lineup will be interesting.

10. Post
    Yeah I'm keen to see more of Sheridan. It's a shame he'll be competing with Williams.

Durantes 300th this weekend should be massive
    Last edited by Galent; 9th January 2019 at 3:32 pm.

11. Post
    Didn't realise we had a game last night so only saw the highlights, going by what I saw we looked like were are back to playing with plenty of urgency & applying good pressure on defence & attack, thought Krishna showed excellent composure to score his first goal...reckon our last two matches before this one we were pretty poor, really lucky to get draws from those matches.

12. Post
    @signman or someone who knows more about soccer than I do?

I thought you couldn't be off side from a free kick? Yet twice last night teams kicked the ball forward and as soon as their team mate received it he was ruled off side.

What is the rule? Why doesn't every team just catch the other team out off side then?

13. Post
    You can be off-side from a free kick. You can't be offside from a throw-in, which is where you may be confused.

@Signman - game against Adelaide was poor, but I thought we played well v Victory.

14. Post
    Yeah, we played a bit better against Melb Vic compared the Adelaide one, reckon though we still lacked that all-round urgency, when we do play with real urgency on defence & attack consistently throughout a game & take good options passing wise we look really good, Phoenix are definitely well capable of winning the comp this year.

Krishna gets caught offside far too much, makes his runs a little bit early, needs to slightly hold himself back to time his runs better, with the electrifying pace he has defenders are always going to struggle to stay with him.

Important we don't take this match for granted against the bottom team, want a really comfortable win over them, impressed with our coach, I'm sure he won't let them get complacent going into this game.

Name:  B5..jpg
Views: 40
Size:  13.1 KB
    PHOENIX v MARINERS {Wgtn Westpac}
    Sat-12th Jan - 7.35pm

15. Post
    Don't agree with Krishna being offside too much - look at any pacy striker who plays off the shoulder; all of them get caught offside often. Has scored a lot of goals running off the shoulder already this season (the 2 v Sydney come to mind), so I'd just say 'keep doing what you're doing'

The biggest question for today is how Nichols/Kopy will go in the middle of the park. I don't really rate Nichols, and Kopy is still a question mark for me.

16. Post
    The boys really haven't shown up today. Rudan should give them a good spray at half time.

17. Post
    This team reminds me of The Warriors so much. Once they get a good thing going, get some attention and play a game they should do better in, they fail and put more people off.

18. Post
    Lmao. Two penalties, one red. Gg.

19. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    This team reminds me of The Warriors so much. Once they get a good thing going, get some attention and play a game they should do better in, they fail and put more people off.
    Well that shows what I know.
    Some idiocy let the Phoenix let them back in the game but they took them. Potential 3 0 turned to 2 1 then 2 2 and then 2 3 and could have been 4 or 5 2. Lucky for that offside though.

20. Post
    Not our best game, but again we show pretty superb mental strength. Great call by Rudan to bring Sheridan on at half time; put Roy through which caused the red card.

21. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    Some idiocy let the Phoenix let them back in the game but they took them. Potential 3 0 turned to 2 1 then 2 2 and then 2 3 and could have been 4 or 5 2. Lucky for that offside though.
    Exactly, couldn't have seen us win that match if they had not had a player sent off,,, Phoenix were bloody dreadful in the first half, wasn't until their player was red carded that they sparked into life.

What an idiot their left back was, the bald headed twat kept shoulder charging our strikers rugby league style & unbelievably the ref did nothing about it.

22. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Don't agree with Krishna being offside too much - look at any pacy striker who plays off the shoulder; all of them get caught offside often. Has scored a lot of goals running off the shoulder already this season (the 2 v Sydney come to mind), so I'd just say 'keep doing what you're doing'

The biggest question for today is how Nichols/Kopy will go in the middle of the park. I don't really rate Nichols, and Kopy is still a question mark for me.
    Reckon Krishna tends to make his runs too early, also the commentators were saying a couple of weeks ago he gets caught offside more than any other striker in the comp.

We were poor in the midfield, when the other two come back into the midfield we will at least have more structure organisation there, our defending was shite, especially in the first half & we have 2 or 3 snails at the back that weaken our defence.

23. Post
    signman wrote:
    Exactly, couldn't have seen us win that match if they had not had a player sent off,,, Phoenix were bloody dreadful in the first half, wasn't until their player was red carded that they sparked into life.

What an idiot their left back was, the bald headed twat kept shoulder charging our strikers rugby league style & unbelievably the ref did nothing about it.
    To be fair, it was Sheridan's pass and Krishna's run which caused the red card - it's not like we were gifted it.

Funnily enough it would've only been a yellow if he had actually tried to challenge for the ball, according to the new laws - it was only because he was deemed as to not be trying to play the ball (push in the back) it was a red.

24. Post
    Yeah, was definitely a red card, my point was though that the phoenix didn't start to play with any real urgency until after their player was sent off, can't afford to start that bloody poorly against the better teams... that's a good law, a player shouldn't be red carded if they're actually trying to play the ball.

Sheridan has had a couple of runs off the bench to get use to the way the Phoenix play, reckon they need to start him in the next game, smart player, reads play really well, puts excellent through balls to players like Krishna & at nearly 2 metres tall makes him very handy in the air from attacking corners.

25. Post
    My point is that we played with more urgency and that resulted in the send off. But I can see your point too.

I thought we were very poor in the first half; whether that was nerves, or if we were just leggy from playing 3 away games in a short amount of time I'm not sure. We can definitely play better.

Sheridan faded towards the end of the 2nd half, which says to me that his fitness is perhaps not quite there yet. Agree that he looks very good; surprising amount of pace for a big guy too.

I'd like to see Kopa at LCB, with Doyle at LWB to give Cacace a break v Victory. We seem to pass better through the lines with Kopa there.
    Last edited by Valeo; 14th January 2019 at 1:49 pm.