Page 9 of 9 First ... 6789

1. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    My point is that we played with more urgency and that resulted in the send off. But I can see your point too.

I thought we were very poor in the first half; whether that was nerves, or if we were just leggy from playing 3 away games in a short amount of time I'm not sure. We can definitely play better.

Sheridan faded towards the end of the 2nd half, which says to me that his fitness is perhaps not quite there yet. Agree that he looks very good; surprising amount of pace for a big guy too.

I'd like to see Kopa at LCB, with Doyle at LWB to give Cacace a break v Victory. We seem to pass better through the lines with Kopa there.
    True, we did play with good urgency leading up to our 1st goal, no doubt the coach gave them a bloody good shake up at halftime... we attacked with even more confidence after we slotted that first penalty into the back of the net & helped knowing that they were playing against 10 men as well... when we got ahead 3-2 thought we sat on that lead too much allowing them to attack our goal a lot, they almost got a draw from the game.

Yeah, Sheridan lacks some match fitness, would still start him in the next one though which will get him up to match fitness quicker, if he starts to tire later in the match we can always replace him, it's up to the coach to make the right call when to change a player... was also very surprised how fast Sheridan is, you don't expect that from a bloke that tall with a really lean build that's basically all arms & legs

Reckon we're at our best when we don't stuff around at the back, just move the ball as quickly as possible to players in space, then that transfers through the whole team making us play well as a unit.
    Last edited by signman; 15th January 2019 at 9:39 am.

2. Post
    Nichols just got released .Rudan is ruthless.

3. Post
    It's unfortunate for the bloke, if a coach wants to select the best squad he can though has to be a bit ruthless... really like how hard Rudan pushes them at training, their fitness could make a real difference at the business end of the comp.

4. Post
    Yeah, I felt like Williams and Nichols were both gambles - Williams worked out, Nichols didn't. It's interesting as Nichols was one of only a few players currently signed for next season (Singh, Cacace are signed also I believe)

5. Post
    Williams has definitely made the most of his chances, scoring some top goals & at important times in the game as well.

Name:  B3..jpg
Views: 7
Size:  7.8 KB
    PHOENIX v MELB VIC {Melb}
    Sun-20th Jan - 7pm

6. Post
    Hopefully going to get along to this game

7. Post
    Going too, sitting mostly with MV supporting friends/family.

Fire up.

It seems like Nick Ansell is still out for the Vuc, so my assumption is that 1.69m Broxham will be playing CB again. We need to start Sheridan against him imo. Harsh on Williams but..