1. Post
    UniformTurtle wrote:
    Curious if anyone has any shares in "Booster"? Finance companies are not my usual investment but this one caught my eye on Sharsies.
    From memory my kiwisaver is managed by them. No idea if it's good or not >

2. Post
    How long does it usually take to set up managed funds?

My deposits with Sharesies and kiwi wealth cleared on Monday.

3. Post
    noticed I got some spam after signing up at Sharesies

could be Hatch too...

4. Post
    so theres no point selling up during the virus right? Im assuming things will go back up again in due time

5. Post
    Kog wrote:
    so theres no point selling up during the virus right? Im assuming things will go back up again in due time
    Maybe if you'd sold a week ago but at this point I'm just riding it out

6. Post
    Time in the markets...

7. Post
    On average the markets usually do well over the course of an outbreak although in this instance youve got some weak underpinnings.

8. Post
    According to IN I'm down about 6.5% and I'm expecting it to drop further. It's long term for me and my eggs aren't all in one basket so not overly concerned at this stage. Maybe if other complications like employment start to be affected I'll begin to worry.

9. Post
    ^Yeah this tbh.

As long as I got work, I'm ok. If not, it's uh oh.

10. Post
    I try to gear things so that if I'm ****ed, then pretty much everything's ****ed.

11. Post
    I'm staying in. At first when it started going down I was a bit gutted but I have been researching a bit more and have come around to the idea of accepting it and using it as an opportunity to buy more. Kind of like the market is having a sale lol.

12. Post
    Most of it's about buying at a discount. Determining actual value is the tricky thing.

13. Post
    Pulled all my money out of Sharesies late Jan. Was still up by a few percent at that stage, so pretty happy.

14. Post
    have less than 1% of portfolio in there next to zero F's given

15. Post
    What's everyone buying during the sale?

Air NZ?

16. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Air NZ?
    AirNZ, The warehouse, Xero, Meridian, Ryan Healthcare, Summerset, Genesis

17. Post
    How come Air NZ pays such a high dividend? Sharesies says 15%. that seems crazy good

18. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    How come Air NZ pays such a high dividend? Sharesies says 15%. that seems crazy good
    It's based on what they paid last year, not what they'll pay this year. There is a lagging effect when the share price drops like this that inflates the yield.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

19. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    The share price has fallen 30% since mid-Jan, in the expectation of lower earnings due to coronavirus. The dividend calculation is based on last year's dividend, and today's price.

20. Post
    The price bounced back a bit and hopefully some more tomorrow! I'm quite pleased with the day's work!

21. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    What others said. 11 cents to be paid per share mid-march but it's not likely that they'll make much profit if any to give much dividend in the next period.

22. Post
    Haisley wrote:

Air NZ?
    yeah some air nz, and more Tesla. Maybe some Delta airlines / American airlines through hatch.

Had halved my month contributions to ETFs a few months back cause everything too high, have set them back to normal again.

23. Post
    american airlines is basically bankrupt bro

they're gonna need to get bailed out

24. Post
    I don't understand investing in the airlines. This issue sounds like it's going to have a tail that's 18 months or so long and the airline industry will have some casualties.

Everyone wants to be Forest Gump with the last shrimp boat.

25. Post
    Yeah sounds like a bad time to be buying. I couldn't work out why people would be jumping on airline stocks now when the full impact is a long way off.

Potentially the same thing with most stocks though? I get the feeling people think the virus will be done with next month.