1. Post

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

A bit surprised GP let this one go under the radar.

Looks like another Souls derivative with a Norse and Celtic twist. Story sounds interesting too, a woman looking for her dead lover in Valhalla.

What stands out is
    Spoiler:

Very positive reviews on Steam.

Last edited by Pickle Rick; 9th August 2017 at 4:16 pm.

2. Post
    Not sure how this goes under radar too..looks like a good vibe, devs have a super solid track record too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3. Post
    lack of marketing thats why, it looks alright but i dont like the camera so I'll pass, runs good on ps4 pro at 60fps

4. Post
    Looks pretty sweet. It's only supposed to be around 6 hours long but that's not bad for a game that's half the price of most games at launch

5. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    A bit surprised GP let this one go under the radar.

Looks like another Souls derivative with a Norse and Celtic twist. Story sounds interesting too, a woman looking for her dead lover in Valhalla.
    Did we? It has been on our Most Anticipated lists for the past two years, and we've published a bunch of trailers for it. Tried to get a review code but no dice so far.

Anyway, from what I've heard, the combat is shallow, but the game does some unique things, and is pretty great regardless

mintyOnion wrote:
    What stands out is dev tactic or troll...
    Maybe spoiler tag this? I steered clear of writing a news story about it this morning because I didn't want to ruin it for peeps

6. Post
    Eh, the reviews and news are out, but feel free to edit the thread of spoilers, if that's what you consider them to be.

Whay I posted is just what's on Internet, there seem to be a few theories on what the penalty for dying is.

7. Post
    Yeah maybe it's all common knowledge, but maybe not - have spoiler tagged just in case

8. Post
    Apparently
    Spoiler:

Liking the 6 hour game at $34.95 on Steam pricing: pretty amazing considering it's $29.95 USD - love it!

9. Post
    Apparently playing with headphones is a must, for a full atmospheric delivery, which is nothing short of amazing.

10. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    Apparently playing with headphones is a must, for a full atmospheric delivery, which is nothing short of amazing.
    Digital surround would be lit too.
    https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/4848...uas+Sacrifice/

11. Post
    Really enjoying this!

Just been playing it for the past few hours. Quite trippy with the voices in her head. And somewhat topical with Thor Ragnarok coming out, and all the nord mythology being fresh in my mind.

Combat is pretty decent. Somewhat like the souls games. I died once, and don't want to die again...because fark having to start from the beginning if I die too many times!

12. Post
    Finished this the other week, I really enjoyed it and it was a unique experience. I'm really looking forward to them going ahead with a sequel if they get the funding.

Although short, I did have to put it down a few times for a break because the voices would start to get to me after a while. This is funnily enough, a good thing.

Spoiler:

13. Post
    I wish they would release a physical edition of this as I'd grab it. It looks and sounds like my kinda game

14. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I wish they would release a physical edition of this as I'd grab it. It looks and sounds like my kinda game
    Then why not buy a digital version? Is there any real difference?

15. Post
    I'd rather have a physical edition than grabbing it digitally. Just something about physical discs than digital copies...

16. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I'd rather have a physical edition than grabbing it digitally. Just something about physical discs than digital copies...
    If buying on console physical is the way to go so you can flick it off afterwards & not stuck with it forever

Cool game but it started running like shit on my PC about 75% of the way through. Couldn't even finish it it played so bad & kept crashing on the final boss

17. Post
    Just finished it now.

Combat and story were great. But **** the puzzles man...having to go backtrack all the time to figure out the correct 'vision' to use was just a pain in the ass.

Clocked in 10 hours on Steam time. Reckon it could've been finished in about 5 hours or less without tedious puzzles.

18. Post
    How this today and looks gorgeous on the 1x, sound is amazing on my headphones.

19. Post
    bought it in summer sale liked the combat its a shame about the puzzles I refunded it

20. Post
    The puzzles were great, lol