Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    7/10

  3. Post
    #3
    its a cool game.

  4. Post
    #4
    Fig is not the first place to do this... Train Fervor was also funded in this way, and the backers where made share holders in the project. Mind you, this seems to be doing a lot better.

  5. Post
    #5
    Gotta admit it does sound temping to invest in a known brand like PoE, even if you do have to stump up a grand.

  6. Post
    #6
    Jagji56 wrote:
    Fig is not the first place to do this... Train Fervor was also funded in this way, and the backers where made share holders in the project. Mind you, this seems to be doing a lot better.
    Yes although to be fair the article also does not state that this was the first occurrence either. The Fig platform is certainly a very easy mechanism for enabling it however and it does seem to have at least some adherence to US legislation (from what I saw anyway)

  7. Post
    #7
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Gotta admit it does sound temping to invest in a known brand like PoE, even if you do have to stump up a grand.
    Thinking about investing 1k into PoE aswell, the game come's out next year, might be worth it.

  8. Post
    #8
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Thinking about investing 1k into PoE aswell, the game come's out next year, might be worth it.
    How many copies need to be sold to get roi?

  9. Post
    #9
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Thinking about investing 1k into PoE aswell, the game come's out next year, might be worth it.
    The breakeven point of 500k-ish seems easily achievable, PoE 1 did it in 7 months and the sequel should do it quicker given the praise of the first game. The first game also sits at a million copies total according to SteamSpy.

    The only snag is that the 500k breakeven figure assumes all copies are sold at full price, which of course given Steam sales isn't going to be the case. If half the copies are sold in one of Steam's "50% off seasonal sales" then I guess the breakeven point doubles?

  10. Post
    #10
    I'd say the new PoE will do quite well given how popular the first one was, you might want to take a look at there website for more info, i don't know alot about this stuff.