1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Here is a game that should have avoided PS, gone Early Access on steam with what it originally launched with gone full release with this patch

3. Post
    didn't this game launch with multiplayer? or am I confused, I'm sure they marketed it with multiplayer

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    didn't this game launch with multiplayer? or am I confused, I'm sure they marketed it with multiplayer
    If I recall correctly it was loosely implied but fairly quickly proven to not exist following launch.

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    in 2014 they said 'the only multiplayer that is available is like dark souls, where you see signs of other players but not the players themselves' - this is what shipped on launch. Then prior to release SM came out on a talk show and said 'you can play side my side with other characters - the only way you can see yourself is if someone sends you a picture of yourself' which was the biggest head scratcher. Even when data-mined there was nothing in the game to suggest this was a possibility. It's like he was playing another build at the time, or off his tits.

I've played quite a bit of the update, nice to be back in the universe again but still quite broken, there's a lot of patching required as players have had to start from scratch.

6. Post
    I played for the first time when the last big update dropped. What killed it for me after the initial novelty was the constant inventory juggling. It was taking up over half of my play time and became overly frustrating. I was being punished for wanting to mine something rare when I came across it because I just didn't have room for it.

7. Post
    If they added an upgrade that let the ship auto generate fuel for its systems, I think the game would become more exploring and less looking for fuel for the next jump.

8. Post
    Caffeine wrote:
    If I recall correctly it was loosely implied but fairly quickly proven to not exist following launch.
    Yeah just loosely implied at any chance he could when asked.

https://youtu.be/Kuz3WETd4ug?t=376

As it stands now you can only see icons of where other players are, its reported that retail copies have a sticker covering that it had MP functions since it didn't ship with any MP functions.. The game is still missing like, 99% off what Sean was bragging the game would be / what was shown off in trailers & "Live footage" that wasn't scripted / made for live showings *cough*. I would say that I can't name another game that was marketed / showed so much bs footage.

9. Post
    What I'm hearing is its a good step but I should still wait for another patch or two before considering it.