Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Gameplanet

Age of Empires 4 announced, made by Relic (Dawn of War/Homeworld/Company of Heroes)

Its finally happening. Surprised it wasn't announced for Xbox one tho.

3. Post
    RTS games are hard on a controller it requires a full change of ui and control scheme maybe later it will get ported

4. Post
    Holy moly

Sent from my K3 Note using Tapatalk

5. Post
    well will be be more like the original DOW type or the more recent DOW3 or COH2 etc. Because the original RTS were pretty awesome, the latter, not so much

6. Post
    Cautiously optimistic

7. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    well will be be more like the original DOW type or the more recent DOW3 or COH2 etc. Because the original RTS were pretty awesome, the latter, not so much
    I have to agree, if it is anything like Dow3 I will not be going near it. Even with the 50% off voucher relic sent heaps of us on steam I would still not buy the turd that is Dow3.

8. Post
    I hope its more like the original DOW. Those were great. Spent many hours on Dark Crusade.

9. Post
    griefmaker wrote:
    I have to agree, if it is anything like Dow3 I will not be going near it. Even with the 50% off voucher relic sent heaps of us on steam I would still not buy the turd that is Dow3.
    same DOW3 was.. ok at best.. a decent rts engine but the game play, AI, SP, MP etc etc all were just boring

10. Post
    No Ensemble / Robot games though...

11. Post
    They got Charles Dance to do the trailer, hopefully the game also has a big budget then.

12. Post
    The hierarchy of best to worst AoE games is as follows: AoE2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AoE1 > *everything* > AoE3.

AoE1 wasn't bad. But I was disappointed to see that AoE1 was getting a remake. Have just learnt today that AoE2 will be getting a remake as well.

I'll be a first day buyer if its anything like AoE2. I genuinely play AoE2:HD at least once a week on multiplayer still.

13. Post
    mmd wrote:
    The hierarchy of best to worst AoE games is as follows: AoE2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AoE1 > *everything* > AoE3.

AoE1 wasn't bad. But I was disappointed to see that AoE1 was getting a remake. Have just learnt today that AoE2 will be getting a remake as well.

I'll be a first day buyer if its anything like AoE2. I genuinely play AoE2:HD at least once a week on multiplayer still.
    They're all getting definitive/HD editions, even AOE3. Not sure how the AOE2 remake will differ from the current HD one.

14. Post
    Tywin talking about fire and blood...

Should have added dragons

15. Post
    mmd wrote:
    Did you even play Age of Empires: Onine? It made AoE3 look like the GOAT.

No matter how AoE4 turns out, it won't be the worst AoE game, at least.

16. Post
    <N> wrote:
    They're all getting definitive/HD editions, even AOE3. Not sure how the AOE2 remake will differ from the current HD one.
    Correct.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/age-of-empire...re-coming-too/

How badly all of these games bomb from being Windows Store exclusive before they're forced to port them to Steam is another question.

17. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Did you even play Age of Empires: Onine? It made AoE3 look like the GOAT.

No matter how AoE4 turns out, it won't be the worst AoE game, at least.
    No, I skipped that thanks to a lot of people saying exactly above. I didn't want to depress myself.

Yes, only learnt about the definitive editions for 2 and 3 today, only thought it was for 1 up till now. Really excited about seeing definitive edition of 2. Going to go right ahead and nope the shit out of the definitive edition of 3, I think.

18. Post
    Hope this is good

19. Post
    Depends if it gets watered down. I think it will be good. MS knows the expectations around AOE.

20. Post
    MysticNZ wrote:
    Depends if it gets watered down. I think it will be good. MS knows the expectations around AOE.
    It's PC exclusive, so that's a good sign that it might not be dumbed down. If it was coming to Xbox as well then they'd have to adapt it to work with gamepads, thus making the gameplay dumbed down a necessity.

21. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    How badly all of these games bomb from being Windows Store exclusive before they're forced to port them to Steam is another question.
    Gfwl failed because it was junk software exclusive to gaming, Windows Store is inclusive and pretty well integrated with the OS - I'm betting it works out better than the last iteration

22. Post
    Analgia wrote:
    Gfwl failed because it was junk software exclusive to gaming, Windows Store is inclusive and pretty well integrated with the OS - I'm betting it works out better than the last iteration
    Windows 10 Store is a mobile-centric app store clone with shit discovery for non-mobile port freemium games. The way it handles DLC is disastrous too. PC gamers ain't f*cking with it, they had to make Gears 4 MP cross-platform because it was a ghost town on PC; people reportedly can't find games in Halo Wars 2 on PC either.

23. Post
    Somehow they don't realize that APP stores got popular because they are on ARM platforms that have only rudimentary functionality. Windows has simply never had a problem with functionality.

24. Post
    Presumably it won't follow Relic's formula of no city-building? I'm actually really optimistic about this.

Curiously, the trailer shows the eras covered by the previous games. I'd personally rather they stuck to one era, rather than trying to do Rise of Nations.

25. Post
    I hope its good i loved playing AOE

26. Post
    Richard7666 wrote:
    Curiously, the trailer shows the eras covered by the previous games. I'd personally rather they stuck to one era, rather than trying to do Rise of Nations.
    I don't understand this. AoE never covered just one era... You quite literally went from banging rocks together all the way through to gunpowder. Do you consider that one era?

I didn't like the DoW games formula. I can't see it being good for AoE. Ditto with CoH.

Relic is a good company. But I'm still concerned.