1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Yeah, this is some malarkey all right, especially given the way shaders were deployed in the first game, where switching your collection around as desired to get a cool look you liked was a big part of making your Guardian feel like an individual.

3. Post
    Should just use in game currency or items to customise your character. D3 you can recolour your gear for an insignificant amount of in game currency or transmogrify your gear to look like other gear, again for an insignificant amount of in game currency. If playing with others players may have the desire to make their character unique or fit the colour scheme of their team/clan.

4. Post
    Given I'm in a position in the game now where I earn these loot boxes, I really am not interested in the transactions. Of the shaders I have, they are bland and hella drab. I'd expect the raid to drop better loot + shaders.

While it's just cosmetic - I do wonder about mods. They seem a little more pay-2-win given they are (potentially?) in the loot boxes. I dunno the game is so easy so far I've not even bothered to equip one. But I think Bullion nailed it with the team / clan scheme. I can see some elitist clans out there 'requiring' certain shaders.

Only a complete asshat clan leader would force their entire clan to equip a custom palette of their choosing, even if it was a sweet black and red combo with pink trim, making them easily recognized by the community and making for the best crucible team striking fear and respect into the hearts of their opponents upon loading in, hell,, half the opposition would leave in fear of having the rivers of Nessus vex milk tinged with their johnny-random team blood forever staining the history books and 10:01 youtube videos dubbed with Lord Shaxx lines and dub-step.

5. Post
    What does IST think about this?

6. Post
    Kog wrote:
    What does IST think about this?
    IST is not a fan, in fact I'm even going to hold off on jumping on some of those sweet and enticing Bright Engrams until they (hopefully) remedy this.

I'm thinking that bumping the shader count to say...25?, that'd kind of bandaid the problem enough to not care about. The seemingly bigger problem is the mods being consumables too, that's seems spazmatic to me....like, really doonghi.

It's just going to make people like me (weirdo extremophiles with hoarder tendancies) never use mods and/or shaders since "if I use it on this, then I might be wasting it for the next bit of loot": I can smell the sweat and anxiety from miles away, and it smells average as ****

7. Post
    If its not pay-to-win i don't care. I'll never buy one

8. Post
    First of heard of this - correct me if I've misunderstood.

I'm under the impression that the definition of an "ethical microtransaction" is charging for optional components that don't affect the game mechanics in any way. If we're going to moan about cosmetics it indicates that players don't appreciate the care taken to avoid P2W. This seems like an unconstructive position to take.

9. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Only a complete asshat clan leader would force their entire clan to equip a custom palette of their choosing, even if it was a sweet black and red combo with pink trim, making them easily recognized by the community and making for the best crucible team striking fear and respect into the hearts of their opponents upon loading in, hell,, half the opposition would leave in fear of having the rivers of Nessus vex milk tinged with their johnny-random team blood forever staining the history books and 10:01 youtube videos dubbed with Lord Shaxx lines and dub-step.
    I'm in!