1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Good on them for investing money into the e-sports industry, but lets be honest - Overwatch is never going to compete with the big e-sports. It's a terrible spectator game, no matter how fun it is to play.

If they don't have another competitive-focused game in the pipeline, the best we can hope for is that the competitive pressure they apply raises production standards for other games.

3. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    Good on them for investing money into the e-sports industry, but lets be honest - Overwatch is never going to compete with the big e-sports. It's a terrible spectator game, no matter how fun it is to play.

If they don't have another competitive-focused game in the pipeline, the best we can hope for is that the competitive pressure they apply raises production standards for other games.
    I'd imagine that the arena would be rented out to tournament organisers of other games as well, seems like it's designed for any e-sport, not just Blizzard ones.

4. Post
    I imagine there will be a few Blizz-avision games that could make use of such an arena.

Call of Duty and Destiny 2 events might get a look in besides the Overwatch World Cup and Blizzcon Invitationals etc.

5. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    I'd imagine that the arena would be rented out to tournament organisers of other games as well, seems like it's designed for any e-sport, not just Blizzard ones.
    This.