1. Post

2. Post
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    I'm looking for suggestions for the opposite; childish and silly. Recently been trying to watch anime when my brain isn't up for anything serious. Loving Non Non Biyori for the relaxedness in the countryside and not having any story you have to follow. Just hate the Tokyo girl Hotaru with the high pitched voice. Renge is the best. Also love Polar Bear Cafe.
    Ben-to is very fun.

3. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    Ben-to is very fun.
    in for a re-watch i think actually

v underrated show

4. Post
    Overlord
    Gate

5. Post
    Konosuba is awesome !

6. Post
    Karl_KaKa wrote:
    Overlord
    Gate
    Season 2 of Overlord coming out this week, woop woop!

7. Post
    dude2099 wrote:
    Season 2 of Overlord coming out this week, woop woop!
    Omg wtf? Although I've read all the light novels.. It's better watching animated version

8. Post
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    I'm looking for suggestions for the opposite; childish and silly. Recently been trying to watch anime when my brain isn't up for anything serious. Loving Non Non Biyori for the relaxedness in the countryside and not having any story you have to follow. Just hate the Tokyo girl Hotaru with the high pitched voice. Renge is the best. Also love Polar Bear Cafe.
    Id have to recommend Ranma 1/2, it's an oldie but matches what you want. I really enjoyed it.

9. Post
    I started to watch Konosuba a long time ago and it was kinda funny but maybe too much energy. I also watched Catgirl of Sakurasou or something which was pretty chill and cool. But I have a tendency to not finish a series because I forget which episode I'm up to and cbf looking it up. CrunchyRoll has been pretty good for telling me what I've watched but too many damn ads.

10. Post
    could try subbing to CR to get rid of the annoying adverts. I unsubbed from CR as I thought I was getting double charged from CR. Now I'm on Animelab they have a pretty good back catalog and some cool ones I wouldn't be able to get on CR.

I should try out Overlord myself. (Trying to find some more serious shows is a bit of a mission atm)

11. Post
    The story of overlord is actually kinda dark.
    *spoiler* one of his minions forced 2 families to exchange their off spring and eat it because they couldn't afford food.

12. Post
    Karl_KaKa wrote:
    The story of overlord is actually kinda dark.
    *spoiler* one of his minions forced 2 families to exchange their off spring and eat it because they couldn't afford food.
    New episode just came out the smorning!

And I'd recommend Made in Abyss watched it recently it's dope. Couldn't stop watching it. Heard the manga is better but was impressed with the anime.

13. Post
    Yeah but I'm not an avid anime watcher to justify the cost of a subscription, and I'm spending a lot of money on traveling and stuff so I'm not exactly rich enough to add CR to my budget. If anyone has those guest passes I'm keen

14. Post
    dude2099 wrote:
    New episode just came out the smorning!

And I'd recommend Made in Abyss watched it recently it's dope. Couldn't stop watching it. Heard the manga is better but was impressed with the anime.
    I'm going for it!

15. Post
    Just finished Cowboy bebop & Steins Gate before that. Anyone got any other suggestions for must watch anime shows?

The ones I've seen so far are:

Steins Gate
    Cowboy Bebop
    FMA Brotherhood
    Attack on Titan
    Deathnote
    Berserk (original)
    Ajin
    Knights of Sidonia
    Akira

Currently watching My Hero Academia & DB Super (waiting for the S4 of the English Dub)

As I mentioned in the OP I prefer stuff thats on a more serious note with the least amount of silliness as possible.

EDIT: Don't worry I'm just gonna give Code Geass another try since I have already have it on my HDD. Also HunterXhunter seems highly regarded so going to check that out too.
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 19th June 2018 at 11:34 am.

16. Post
    Could try Jojo's Bizarre adventure if you're thinking of checking out Hunter X Hunter.

Your Name is an excellent movie.

Could try Overlord that's a good show . Can't think of anything else I usually just sub to a anime sub service and check out what they have on offer.

17. Post
    Oh yeah I heard Jojo's Bizarre adventure was good so will check that out. Overlord sounds cool too.

My time is limited so don't have time to watch any random show which is why I just want to watch the really good ones.

18. Post

19. Post
    The Big O It even says on the tweet...

20. Post
    I thought that was some saying

*facepalm*

21. Post
    lol it's quite a cool quirky retro style anime.

22. Post
    Just finished S1 of Code: Geass after I decided to give it another go after giving up on it after 5 eps the first time around. Really glad I did as its truly epic and definitely lives up its high rating

23. Post
    Not an official anime, but just started watching a YouTube series called Anime Wars. It's got all your usual DBZ saiyans in it but also has Saitama, Naruto, Sasuke, Ichigo etc etc..
    It's pretty damn cool. A bit over the top but cool. Quite possibly the coolest I've ever seen Trunks look too.
    Name:  Screenshot_20180730-193633.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  678.8 KB

24. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Oh yeah I heard Jojo's Bizarre adventure was good so will check that out. Overlord sounds cool too.

My time is limited so don't have time to watch any random show which is why I just want to watch the really good ones.
    From the New World
    Elfin Lied

Both amazing. From the New World starts slow, and is a little confusing, but it's a pretty neat story.
    Elfin Lied is very dark.

25. Post
    Does anyone recommend Tokyo Ghoul? It looks interesting & it's on Netflix so don't have to stuff around looking for eps but its only got a 7.9 on animelist. Is it worth a watch?