Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Need new anime suggestions

Hey guys I've started getting into anime this year but not watching anything currently. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I prefer shows with a darker, more serious tone & would prefer it if there was no childishness or silliness.

These are pretty much all the anime shows I've watched so far so something similar would be awesome:

Attack on Titan
    Deathnote
    Berserk (original)
    Ajin
    Knights of Sidonia
    Akira (yeah i know it's a movie not a show)
    DB Super (haven't kept up to date with this and think I prefer something with more story & substance these days)

cheers

2. Post
    Monster
    Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
    Ping Pong the Animation
    Psycho Pass
    GiTS
    Shin Sekai Yori
    Fate/Zero

FMA BH is probs the must watch best anime ever made one

3. Post
    Awesome thx for that. I'll start with FMA BH

4. Post
    I just watched Black Lagoon which was awesome, would recommend.

5. Post
    kazza wrote:
    Monster
    Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
    Ping Pong the Animation
    Psycho Pass
    GiTS
    Shin Sekai Yori
    Fate/Zero

FMA BH is probs the must watch best anime ever made one
    I 2nd both of these Monster/FMA BH.

A couple more that I've watched recently and enjoyed.

Overlord
    Gangsta
    Gate (Has its silly moments but it's still really good)

6. Post
    My 3 recommendations that haven't been mentioned would be:

Code Geass
    Kenichi
    Hajime no Ippo

7. Post
    Hmm I'd pick

Claymore
    Parasyte
    Ghost in the shell 1 and 2 and maybe even the tv series stand alone complex season 1 and 2
    Maybe Cross Ange if you don't mind the huge amount of fan service.
    Could try out the 2 Garo animated series as well.

8. Post
    Fate/Zero
    What's the order for these shows anyway? I keep looking into watching them but can't figure out which one comes first/to watch first.

9. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    What's the order for these shows anyway? I keep looking into watching them but can't figure out which one comes first/to watch first.
    For the main series I'd watch it in airing order, but if your really wanted to you can watch any series as a stand alone, just be prepared to miss out on a lot of references.

Fate/stay night - series; adaptation of the main route in the VN; main girl is Saber
    Fate/Zero - series; prequel to stay night
    Unlimited Blade Works - series; adaptation of 2nd route from the VN; main girl is Rin
    Heaven's Feel - series; adaptation of the 3rd route from the VN; main girl is Sakura

10. Post
    Putting forward for Boku No Hero. Took me ages to finally give it a chance but I'm glad that I did.

Backing Code Geass as the number one anime pick though. Only anime I rewatch on a yearly basis.

11. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Putting forward for Boku No Hero. Took me ages to finally give it a chance but I'm glad that I did.

Backing Code Geass as the number one anime pick though. Only anime I rewatch on a yearly basis.
    My brother took my season 2 collection of Code Geass I keep on forgetting to ask about it lol

12. Post
    surprised no one has suggested bacanno

also second fate/zero - it's amazing

13. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Hmm I'd pick

Claymore
    Parasyte
    Ghost in the shell 1 and 2 and maybe even the tv series stand alone complex season 1 and 2
    Maybe Cross Ange if you don't mind the huge amount of fan service.
    Could try out the 2 Garo animated series as well.
    Claymore, yes! This is a great anime but a shame they wrapped up the season. Need to rewatch this and read the rest of the Manga.

14. Post
    +1 Code Geass

Also Hunter x Hunter (2011) if you like Shounen

15. Post
    My personal favourite of all time

Steins;Gate

If you love timetravel/sci-fi/plot twists you will love it

16. Post
    Just finished watching FMA BH. Absolutely loved it such an awesome show!!! Thx for the suggestion kazza Think I'll be checking out Code Geass next

17. Post
    Hi fellas,

Had a chance this last weekend to watch first 3 of below Anime movies. I find it hard to find time to watch all in the full day since I still have other stuff to work on.. Grrr... If ever have you watched them all. Will you rate them if in case you've read this. I surely hope that below choices are the best picked I ever did! Thanks pal!

Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower [Already watched]
    Detective Conan: Crimson Love Letter [Already watched]
    Crayon Shin-chan: Invasion!! Alien Shiriri [Already watched]
    Mary and the Witch's Flower
    Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You!
    Doraemon the Movie 2017: Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi

18. Post
    Rahxephon!

19. Post
    Watched the first 5 eps of Code Geass. Not really feeling it tbh so gonna try Cowboy Bebop next. heard heaps of good shit about that

20. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Watched the first 5 eps of Code Geass. Not really feeling it tbh so gonna try Cowboy Bebop next. heard heaps of good shit about that

If you like Anime with a bit more depth, watch Elfin Lied, Steins Gate, and From the New World (Shinsekai Yori).

Three of my all time faves.

I don't really watch a lot of anime though, so YMMV.

(For mindless awesomeness, Kenichi is also great )

21. Post
    Only watch the best

Secret of Blue Water
    Twelve Kingdoms
    Kingdoms
    Hunter x Hunter (old version)
    +1 for Hajime no Ippo

22. Post
    Attack on Titan

23. Post
    Just started Trigun. Might be worth checking out if you like old school stuff.

24. Post
    I'm looking for suggestions for the opposite; childish and silly. Recently been trying to watch anime when my brain isn't up for anything serious. Loving Non Non Biyori for the relaxedness in the countryside and not having any story you have to follow. Just hate the Tokyo girl Hotaru with the high pitched voice. Renge is the best. Also love Polar Bear Cafe.

25. Post
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    I'm looking for suggestions for the opposite; childish and silly. Recently been trying to watch anime when my brain isn't up for anything serious. Loving Non Non Biyori for the relaxedness in the countryside and not having any story you have to follow. Just hate the Tokyo girl Hotaru with the high pitched voice. Renge is the best. Also love Polar Bear Cafe.
    Uchouten Kazoku (this is the chilliest show ever to watch ++ recommend)
    Hyouka (top 5 anime for me)
    K-On
    Nichijou
    Mushashi
    Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge

K-ON and Nichijou are the most similar to non non