1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Wow. That is terrible.

3. Post
    Isn't this a lawsuit waiting to happen? Holy shit. Scamming their customers...

4. Post
    I actually watched marvel employees do a video unboxing of this weeks ago (maybe longer), the contents were much much higher quality then what has been handed to consumers, dodgy as hell!

5. Post
    wow ...that is night and day.

6. Post
    I predict a lot of refunds/cancelled orders.

7. Post
    Holy crap that's horrific!

8. Post
    The statues seem ok? Well that one picture of Captain Marvel anyway.

The stones are clearly misleading tho

9. Post
    Knew it! When I saw that limited edition in the initial reveal my gutt feeling was the quality looked way too high.

10. Post
    Tormenta wrote:

Uhh. The one in the promo shots have detail and texture.

The actual figurine looks like it's been pulled from a Kinder Surprise.

11. Post
    lol at $200 in NZ and $300 in Australia :/

Uhh. The one in the promo shots have detail and texture.

The actual figurine looks like it's been pulled from a Kinder Surprise.
    Well you're exaggerating there. That one photo indicates it's not quite as detailed but i'd reserve judgement on the quality of the statues until more photos/videos come to light.

10/10 for the clickbait title tho

12. Post
    the $200 NZ version from EB games did not include the game

13. Post
    Tormenta wrote:

Sorry, but the figure looks terrible. Ultra low grade awful. The promotional one looks vastly superior. Just look at the face and hair detail alone. Let alone the costuming, and skin detail.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	promo.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	449.2 KB 
ID:	219140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	actual.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	219141  

14. Post
    Looks like a $2 knock off

Sent from my K3 Note using Tapatalk

15. Post
    Did they think people wouldn't notice?

16. Post
    This guy seems to think the statues are ok, but disappointed in the stones:

I think everyone's a bit precious about it. You don't expect a Big Mac to look exactly like it does in the advertising.

17. Post
    Tormenta wrote:

I think everyone's a bit precious about it. You don't expect a Big Mac to look exactly like it does in the advertising.
    You don't f**king pay $200 for a Big Mac!

18. Post
    Why is he thanking capcom for sending it? Is it a promo they gave so he'd promote the thing? I trust nothing said by people on youtube.

19. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    This guy seems to think the statues are ok, but disappointed in the stones:

Well to be fair they paid $200 her and $300aud so you can expect people to be upset that the quality is pretty bad, especially given how they marketed them as high quality.

Sent from my K3 Note using Tapatalk

20. Post
    The figures look okayish... but I'd be disappointed after seeing the advertised images.

21. Post
    Eagle32 wrote:
    Why is he thanking capcom for sending it? Is it a promo they gave so he'd promote the thing? I trust nothing said by people on youtube.
    Yeah they probably did send it to him. He's got 1.8M subscribers and is know for his unboxing videos. Hes pretty family friendly as well, doesn't swear or anything like that. So pretty a much a no-brainer for them to send him one.

In the posted video, the stones light up and 'pulse' which explains why they can't be taken out. The light makes them look better, but still no where near as good as advertised.

22. Post
    What I can't figure out is why Aus is $299? Maybe they get the pretty ones...

23. Post
    walmeister wrote:
    What I can't figure out is why Aus is $299? Maybe they get the pretty ones...
    Ours is nz$199 and doesn't include the game and season pass. Aus includes the game and season pass for aus$299

24. Post
    Seems like a typical Chinese hoodwink, they send out high quality testers to secure the order then use low quality stuff for the actual product. No good trying to find them afterwards because the company has changed names and moved.

If the boxes were sent straight from China to stores it's possible the developers didn't lie at all.