1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    IRCC, They claimed it was a bug in their code that launched the battle royal mode last week, wasn't it?

If so, what a very fortunate bug indeed... "it was our plan all aloonnnggg!!!!" Lol. Nice move gearbox. I am actually very excited to play it since PUBG is taking its sweet ass time coming to consoles...

3. Post
    ^ That was accidental ps4 and xbox cross-play

4. Post
    Isn't Fortnite supposed to be F2P anyway?

5. Post
    Bu1ld0g wrote:
    Isn't Fortnite supposed to be F2P anyway?
    Yeah I thought that aswell. You paid a supporters fee to get the game early.

6. Post
    Bluehole want to sue them apparently. Success clearly went to their heads and they somehow think that they own the concept of battle royale game modes. I don't see him going after Ubisoft and Rockstar for doing the EXACT SAME THING with The Division and GTA5 Online DLCs.

Epic is backed by Chinese giant Tencent. Good luck to these Korean dudes.

7. Post
    Bunghole.

8. Post
    Will probably sue WWE next.

9. Post
    Wow typical greedy buggers. As Eva said it's gone to their heads.
    It's not like battle Royale is a new thing

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Bluehole want to sue them apparently. Success clearly went to their heads and they somehow think that they own the concept of battle royale game modes. I don't see him going after Ubisoft and Rockstar for doing the EXACT SAME THING with The Division and GTA5 Online DLCs.

Epic is backed by Chinese giant Tencent. Good luck to these Korean dudes.
    haha the irony, PUBG copied from H1Z1 and H1Z1 copied from Day Z

11. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    haha the irony, PUBG copied from H1Z1 and H1Z1 copied from Day Z
    Wasn't he the same guy that made the DayZ BR mod/mode?

Also

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-exec-cla...ut-epic-games/

C.H. Kim: So the first thing that I'd like to clarify is that this is not about the battle royale game mode itself. There were other BR gamemodes earlier this year that were released, like last man standing or GTA 5's battle royale game mode, and we never raised an issue, and I think it's great that there's more competition and everyone should be able to create their own battle royale game mode, and it's not about the idea itself, it's about Epic Games, and that wasn't really clear [in the press release].
    Last edited by sic.verse; 28th September 2017 at 9:03 pm.

12. Post
    I like how they've shifted the issue from battle royal style games to just "marketing it like pubg" lol.

13. Post
    sic.verse wrote:
    Wasn't he the same guy that made the DayZ BR mod/mode?

Also

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-exec-cla...ut-epic-games/
    backpedaling meme.jpg

14. Post
    "So what I think I'm hearing is you would like Epic to license their battle royale from you? Is that what I'm hearing?

What I think is, they should have at least came to us before making it and had a discussion with us."

I doubt Blue hole and the dev had a discussion with the owners of the movie 'Battle Royale' about them using that movies name etc in their game mode.

On the upside at least their greedy behaviour is giving Fortnite free publicity.

15. Post
    Fortnite won't get the player base PUBG has or will continue to get, it's way too arcadey. Feels like H1Z1 KOTK, everyone just jumping around like retards.

16. Post
    DarkCypher wrote:
    Fortnite won't get the player base PUBG has or will continue to get, it's way too arcadey. Feels like H1Z1 KOTK, everyone just jumping around like retards.
    It's pretty popular right now, takes about 30 seconds to get in a 100 pop game solo or in a squad

17. Post
    it will be popular on ps4 because there is almost nothing else like it out on the ps4 until PUBG launches
    this is good, it will put fire under the developer to get the game out on PS4 quicker

18. Post
    haha now confirmed blue hole is now in talks to bring PUBG to PS4 asap.
    funny that

first: haha no pubg for ps4 only for Xbox Lola
    then: battle royal is out and free for ps4
    now: ahhh, pubg is coming to ps4 we were only joking before

19. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    haha now confirmed blue hole is now in talks to bring PUBG to PS4 asap.
    funny that

first: haha no pubg for ps4 only for Xbox Lola
    then: battle royal is out and free for ps4
    now: ahhh, pubg is coming to ps4 we were only joking before
    Where is it confirmed?

Sent from my MX4 Pro using Tapatalk

20. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Where is it confirmed?

Sent from my MX4 Pro using Tapatalk
    https://www.psu.com/news/34345/pubg-...box-one-launch