1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    That could be cool. I haven't been too impressed with what's been shown for the latest NFS, and a bit of competition in the arcade street racing genre wouldn't go amiss either.

3. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    That could be cool. I haven't been too impressed with what's been shown for the latest NFS, and a bit of competition in the arcade street racing genre wouldn't go amiss either.
    I haven't been impressed with NFS for yonks. In the last 10 years there's been a boatload of games but very few of them have been any good (HP2010 and Rivals in my opinion were the best - wtf the was Most Wanted 2012?). Here we all were hoping NFS 2015 was going to be a return to form but instead it was a bit of a shitshow. New one looks like same shit different year so I'll give it a miss. Just give me a game like Most Wanted '05, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK EA?

Some competition in the market is always a good thing. Hopefully these guys can make something better. If not, maybe at least NFS will get their shit together and actually compete.

PS: Why do all of the modern NFS games have ****ing ABYSMAL handling?

4. Post
    Later, he added, "If you look at me, I'm a bald guy and I work out a bit, so that's a clue."
    Oh so Jason Statham? I love the Crank series!

5. Post
    Xev wrote:
    I haven't been impressed with NFS for yonks. In the last 10 years there's been a boatload of games but very few of them have been any good
    The Need for Speed franchise went to shit when Criterion and Ghost Games took over and Blackbox were no longer in development.

6. Post
    ChizzBo wrote:
    The Need for Speed franchise went to shit when Criterion and Ghost Games took over and Blackbox were no longer in development.
    Agreed. Black Box was pumping out some hot garbage at the end there though. Fell off a cliff after Carbon.

7. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Agreed. Black Box was pumping out some hot garbage at the end there though. Fell off a cliff after Carbon.
    Oh I agree, Need for Speed Carbon was Blackbox's last good game and it went downhill from there. Pro Street, Undercover and The Run created a big dent to the franchise. If Blackbox were to make the next Underground game or Most Wanted, it would be much better than what Criterion and Ghost Games have done. EA needs Criterion to go back and do what they do best, make another Burnout.

8. Post
    ChizzBo wrote:
    Oh I agree, Need for Speed Carbon was Blackbox's last good game and it went downhill from there. Pro Street, Undercover and The Run created a big dent to the franchise. If Blackbox were to make the next Underground game or Most Wanted, it would be much better than what Criterion and Ghost Games have done. EA needs Criterion to go back and do what they do best, make another Burnout.
    Isn't it just ghost games now? Didn't criterion get shut down or some shit? After Most Wanted 2012 they pretty much deserved it but it's still a shame, a Burnout Paradise 2 or something would be very welcome indeed.

9. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Isn't it just ghost games now? Didn't criterion get shut down or some shit? After Most Wanted 2012 they pretty much deserved it but it's still a shame, a Burnout Paradise 2 or something would be very welcome indeed.
    It's just Ghost Games now. Last I heard Criterion Games got dropped from Need for Speed to work on Star Wars VR and Battlefront II. If only EA had them to produce another Burnout instead of developing Most Wanted 2012, I'm sure it would have been a huge success.

10. Post
    Ghost Games made Rivals, people liked that I think. It was locked at 30fps though so I wouldn't mess with that garbage. The game logic was tied to the FPS, a pure trash game programming practice.